IronMonkey is offline Junior Member

Question R-ALA + Biotin...what doses and what ratios?

I'm wanting to start using R-ALA and Biotin, however, I'm not sure what doses would be optimal. I've read recommended dosing on bottles of R-ALA saying to take 1-2 pills 3 times daily. Well, @ 200mg/pill, that can mean between 600mg and 1200mg of R-ALA, not to mention a huge expense difference!

Since R-ALA affects Biotin, it's suggested to supplement your R-ALA usage with Biotin, but question is, at what ratio? 5mg per every 200/400/600mg??

IronMonkey is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't take it as gospel but found this here:

http://www.supplements101.com/AST_R_...astrala200.htm

We recommend taking 200 milligrams (1 capsule) 3 times daily with meals. Research has shown that 200 milligrams increases blood levels of R-ALA the same as 600 milligrams, so there is no need to take more than 200 milligrams at any one time.

Also 600 milligrams daily has been shown to be just as effective at muscle glucose uptake as 1200 milligrams per day so therefore there appears to be no need to take more than 600 milligrams per day.
    Going off that, it sounds that 600mg/day is just as good as 1200mg/day or higher. Save your money and just take 1 capsule, 3 times daily.

Thread Information