Ironmanron is offline New Member

Thumbs up Endurance athlete needs advice

I need to know which suppliment will help me as an endurance athlete. I'm a non-pro long distance triathlete that need assistance. By the time I get to the run my legs beging to shutdown and cramp. Any suggestions? Thanks.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Ok, you're posting in an anabolic forum. So exactly what kind of "supplements" are you asking about? LOL!

Ironmanron is offline New Member

Endurance

Yeah I know, but, I want something more specific. I don't want to play mix and match or trial and error. Someone here surely knows what I need, specifically with supplement will help?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    try running stairs for an hour at a time, did wonders for my endurance

Find the biggest hill in your area and bike up and down it until you can't anymore.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    The cramping is most likely caused by an electrolytic imbalance of some sort, possibly a deficiency in K. For the "shutting down" part, now you're getting into PED's, so exactly what do you want to know about them in reference to your sport?

This should be in the supplement forum...but
    taking 1 g of sodium phosphate four times daily for three to six days before an event
    Take antioxidants regularly, especially 400 to 800 IU of vitamin E and 500-1,000 mg of vitamin C daily
    creatine, 15-20 g daily for five to seven days before an event.
    malic acid combined with magnesium, a week before an event, start taking 600 mg of malic acid and 150-200 mg of magnesium twice a day

Na, K, and Cl you can get from gatorade if you get to drink some durring an event and they are essential.

If you arn't conditioned for the event you are running, you are going to experience lactic acidosis no matter what you take, train to win.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmanron View Post
    I need to know which suppliment will help me as an endurance athlete. I'm a non-pro long distance triathlete that need assistance. By the time I get to the run my legs beging to shutdown and cramp. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Beta-Alanine

SuppAddict is offline New Member
    Cramping comes from dehydration. Eat a banana and drink more water each day.

As for a good supplement. Try Oxydrene and/or Testoxterone - they both will improve the oxygen content of your red blood cells and are great for endurance.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    This should be in the supplement forum...but
    taking 1 g of sodium phosphate four times daily for three to six days before an event
    Take antioxidants regularly, especially 400 to 800 IU of vitamin E and 500-1,000 mg of vitamin C daily
    creatine, 15-20 g daily for five to seven days before an event.
    malic acid combined with magnesium, a week before an event, start taking 600 mg of malic acid and 150-200 mg of magnesium twice a day

Na, K, and Cl you can get from gatorade if you get to drink some durring an event and they are essential.

If you arn't conditioned for the event you are running, you are going to experience lactic acidosis no matter what you take, train to win.
    ditto.

Also, I want to add:

For endurance, I highly recommend "The Complete Guide To Navy SEAL Fitness" by Stew Smith.

Its a 3-4 month program, and is very very challenging. But if you complete it, talk about endurance and great shape....

Thread Information