boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Adding glucose to post-workout shake

Picked myself up some creatine mono last week and have been following the directions on the tub 5g before workout, 5g after workout and on non training days 5g in the morning and 5g in the evening. Iv'e decided to add glucose to my post workout shake...how much should i add ? It will be 1 scoop of whey, 5g of creatine and glucose ? Should i only add it to the post-workout shake or all the creatine servings.

Bump

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah you can add dextrose to your pwo protein shake. I wouldn't bother adding at the other times...just make sure you're taking your creatine with a meal containing carbs. As far as the amount of dextrose, I would start with say 40-50g carbs...I would also bump up your protein amount during this period as I always get in around 50g protein immediately pwo. So a 50/50 protein/carb shake should suit you well pwo with the 5g creatine.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    and the post workout anabolic window debate continues....

....i think it's overrated myself. went down that path for about 18 months after reading a very convincing book on the subject, called something like nutrient timing.

I still remember old timers swearing by the use of a milder honey solution while working out. I tried it. It seemed to work. Maybe it's psychological? But the fatigue experienced while "leaving nothing behind at the gym" (very intense workout) seems to be mitigated. not recommended for blokes that have a hard time keeping the BF% down though....

---Roman

So for the pwo shake 50g protein, 50g glucose, 5g of creatine. What about the 5g 30mins before training ? The 2 5g servings on non workout days just take with a meal containing carbs and protein ?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    So for the pwo shake 50g protein, 50g glucose, 5g of creatine. What about the 5g 30mins before training ? The 2 5g servings on non workout days just take with a meal containing carbs and protein ?
    Looks good...you can still take the 5g before training or take a preworkout that contains creatine monohydrate. I wouldn't worry about 2, 5g servings of CM on off days...one 5g serving in the morn with a carb meal should be sufficient.

Thread Information