Scarface69 is offline Associate Member

WMS or Dextrose/Maltodextrin ??!!

which one will cause less water retention (I'm at 8% bf and want to avoid bloating as much as possible), plus which will be absorbed faster??

roidboyjnr is offline Junior Member
    So what’s so special with Waxy Maize in comparison to dextrose or maltodextrin? Many people have used a mix of dextrose and maltodextrin for post workout nutrition for years because it works and is vital for proper glycogen replenishment. Welcome to the new era of post workout nutrition… Waxy Maize Starch. WMS has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean… Mainly, WMS bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

WMS can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. WMS helps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

WMS has the ability to replenish the body’s glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by WMS’s ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. WMS’s ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate "pump" you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

Dextrose and maltodextrin can cause water retention and bloating, hence WMS’s popularity with pre contest and contest preparation carbohydrate replenishment. Many dieters choose WMS as their carb of choice as it is sugar free and an ideal source of a long chain complex carbohydrate.

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    sorry
    Last edited by Mbuffguy; 06-10-2008 at 02:20 PM.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    WMS

I was using dex for awhile, and got bloated

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    +1 wms

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    +2 WMS! My post workout carbs consist of 60g WMS + a banana. Wow your at 8% bf, got any pics to prove it? Not that I don't believe you but I am shooting for 8% bf myself. Also how many grams of carbs have you been taking pwo?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Aim for atleast 40g protein, 80g carbs in your PWO shake

patrick1 is offline Associate Member
    don`t really understand the difference between dextrose and maltodextrin
    can`t find a supplement with dextrose, only maltodextrin

bunktown is offline Junior Member
    patrick1, there are several products that have dextrose in them for example phosphagen hp, phoshagen elite, cell tech, creadrive, those are just a few of them. There really isnt a difference between dextrose and maltodextrin but to explain it as easy as possibe dextrose is a simple sugar that spikes ur insulin level really high. maltodextrin is a 1 or 2 dextrose molecules combined with maltose making it complex carb but unlike other complex carbs it spikes ur insulin almost as high as dextrose.

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    waxy maize trueprotein.com

patrick1 is offline Associate Member
    i have just ordered some waxy maize protein
    when i count my calories,carbs % etc should i include carbs from this post workout drink?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick1 View Post
    i have just ordered some waxy maize protein
    when i count my calories,carbs % etc should i include carbs from this post workout drink?
    yes!

Thread Information