BigMasaBarto is offline New Member

ALA powder that doesn't burn???

All,

I just have a couple of questions regarding the different types of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). Recently, I have seen numerous types of ALA, including K-ALA and R-ALA, in addition to the standard ALA. Are any of these varieties special, aside from the fact that they cost a lot more?

My second question is regarding ALA powder. There are a few places that sell the powder version of the different types mentioned above. Has anyone tried this? The reason why I ask is because a few days ago I pulled apart a capsule of ALA and emptied it into my pwo shake, only to find that gulping it down burned the f*ck out of my throat.

Thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    I wouldn't take ALA. Take a product that doesn't have ALA like Fish Oil (compared to, say, Flax Seeds which have ALA). ALA has been linked to causing certain types of cancer (i.e. prostate cancer).

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    My vote is for R-ALA....it's in natty form and more potent and bioavailble....don't pull the caps apart....ALA is vey light senstive and can go bad.....also better to take caps and let them dissolve in your lower intestine.

Thread Information