midnight777 is offline Associate Member

creatine question

I am starting to take monohydrate. When I take it I put it in my pwo shake which has gluatmine in it, that i also add. Here is what I do.. On my way home from the gym I eat a bagel with peanut butter, then about 10 mins when I get home I drink my pwo shake with this in it. Is this ok???

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    Excellent results have been observed in taking creatine monohydrate in two different ways. The first way is called loading. This method works very well for anyone who has never taken creatine before. Just as the name implies, it involves loading up or saturating your muscles with creatine. During the first four days to a week, take 20 to 30 grams per day. Mix it with non-acidic juice or water. Grape juice works well. After this loading period, take a regular intake of between five to fifteen grams per day to keep your muscles saturated (no need to over do it). The other method is a more gradual approach to supplementing with creatine monohydrate. Over the course of an extended period, one basically skips the loading phase and just supplements with five to fifteen grams per day, everyday. The best results have been noticed when creatine is combined with a high carbohydrate base, such as dextrose (glucose) and taken about one-half hour before training.

stpete is offline Banned
    ^^^^ Agreed. I've gotten good results in the past just using 5gms directly after workout. I just dropped a teaspoon full in my mouth and chased it with juice.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Loading is a bunch of crap. Just take the normal dosage and wait about a week to see any results.

Test e takes 5-6 weeks to kick in, if you double the dosage does it kick in any faster ? Nope.

Also i take my creatine before the gym. If creatine helps supply ATP to the muscles for energy then why would i want to take it after i had already worked out ? I want to take it when my body is in demand for it which is during my workout.

stpete is offline Banned
    Yea, there's a lot of different opinions on creatine use. I was always under the assumption that for maximum absortion, after is better. I guess kinda like pwo protein drink, or food. I don't know. Worked well for me, and if i ever use it again, i'll try it beforehand and compare the two.

ray0414 is offline Member
    just make sure u always take creatine with carbs, and u should take your PWO shake first, bring it with you so u can drink it right away, then eat the bagel a lil after. the reason for this, the shake will be digested faster and then u can eat the shake and u need the quick protien, where if u eat the bagel first its going to take longer to digest and u wont get the protien right away and it will keep u full longer.

Drew8283 is offline New Member
    What about time of day? If you go to the gym in the evening and take a N.O product before and creatine after is there going to be a problem because you aren't consuming enough fluids before bed? Is dehydration going to be a problem? Or is the fluid consumption you take in through out the day what counts?

ray0414 is offline Member
    well u want to make sure u eat plenty and drink plenty before bed.

Thread Information