Thread: Beta Alanine

azz10 is offline Associate Member

Beta Alanine

hey guys,

have anyone tried using beta alanine? started using it for the last 3weeks and found great results.. gained 5% in strength..

just wondering if anyone has the same experience and if prolong using is gonna be beneficial..

niceshotman is offline Junior Member
    yeah, this has been an onging experiment of mine. this stuff genuinely works. i have been taking 6 grams per day for the first few weeks, then 4 grams a day after that. personally, i get the paraesthesia really bad if i take more than 1 g at a time. there is no way that i could take 4 or 6 grams at once, and i don't advise doing it...unless you love the feeling of a massive sunburn on your skin.

i space out my doses over the day, and i also found that if you mix it with other things, the burning sensation is worse, so i try to take it alone with water, 1 gram at a time, and then wait at least and hour or so before taking another gram.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How do you get 5% increase? have all your lifts gone up exactly 5%?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Its good stuff though my endurance is what is benefited most from the product

thats exactly what im doing mate.. but i take it with fruit juice. do u get the 'tingling' feeling on ur lips when u drink it? haha..

do u reckon its a good idea to keep taking it or should i do the off-on cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    not sure if its exactly 5% increments in all the lifts, but im a sprinter, so the major lifts that we do are squats, bench and power cleans.. all of which has gone up 5-7%. its hard to tell if the increased strength is from consistent training or supplementation, but given that there's no change in my training cycle for the last 6mths, im guessing its e supplements..

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azz10 View Post
    thats exactly what im doing mate.. but i take it with fruit juice. do u get the 'tingling' feeling on ur lips when u drink it? haha..

do u reckon its a good idea to keep taking it or should i do the off-on cycle?
    I go about 3 months on stacked with CEE and AAKG and then take a month or so off. i dont think you neccessarily need to cycle on and off for health reasons, I do it because I feel like my body gets acclimated to it, and its effectiveness diminshes....Yeah I get the itchy, tingling. And to the thread starter yes its the bomb, def helps with strength gains

i've been on beta-alanine for about 3weeks now.. but my body seemed to be losing the 'tingling' feelings when i first started taking it. do u guys reckon the body has gotten used to it and will no work as effective? not sure how long should i keep taking it..

nah nah nah...you got it all wrong man. the tingling doesn't mean anything. the beta alanine is an amino acid that is found in many other foods...but in crystal form, it can cause the tingling in some people. the tingling doesn't mean it is working; so if you don't feel any tingle, then that is good, and you are lucky. You want to take about 4 grams per day, and space them out over the day. So, take 1 gram at a time, then wait a couple hours, etc. But, if you don't get any pain from it, then by all means take more. Take 2 grams at a time, 4 times per day. I can only take 1 gram at a time, because if I take more, I'm ready to eat a bullet. But if I could take 2 grams at a time, then I would do that instead. Don't stop taking it. Just keep on taking it, 4 grams per day or more, and it will benefit you. The really big benefits don't happen until about 12 weeks of use, so if you can commit to taking it, keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by niceshotman View Post
    nah nah nah...you got it all wrong man. the tingling doesn't mean anything. the beta alanine is an amino acid that is found in many other foods...but in crystal form, it can cause the tingling in some people. the tingling doesn't mean it is working; so if you don't feel any tingle, then that is good, and you are lucky. You want to take about 4 grams per day, and space them out over the day. So, take 1 gram at a time, then wait a couple hours, etc. But, if you don't get any pain from it, then by all means take more. Take 2 grams at a time, 4 times per day. I can only take 1 gram at a time, because if I take more, I'm ready to eat a bullet. But if I could take 2 grams at a time, then I would do that instead. Don't stop taking it. Just keep on taking it, 4 grams per day or more, and it will benefit you. The really big benefits don't happen until about 12 weeks of use, so if you can commit to taking it, keep it going.
    thanxs for e info mate.. i'll stick to it then.. this stuff is really effective.. i've noticable strength increase and speed endurance in just 3weeks of supplementation..

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    thats placebo effect your gains should go up 5% in 3 weeks anyways i think the stuff is bogus just my .02 cents now if you said 20% or something in 3 weeks then maybe but 5% how do you know your not just getting progressively strong from strength training???

u might be right A2.. its kinda hard to tell if the increased in strength is from beta-alanine or progressive training.. but based on my training schedule, it seems to be from e supplements. just find it interesting how all my performances in training has gone up suddenly during the 3rd week.. guess it varies with individual..

the beta-alanine will definitely increase your endurance and overall muscular work performed, but exact percentages are hard to know. by the way, i was telling a very attractive young woman about this stuff, and i called it beta-ANALine...freudian slip?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azz10 View Post
    hey guys,

have anyone tried using beta alanine? started using it for the last 3weeks and found great results.. gained 5% in strength..

just wondering if anyone has the same experience and if prolong using is gonna be beneficial..
    I used for a few months in a creatine blend (EAS) and wasnt much impressed. Ive heard longer use is more effective.

****..maybe the alanine % in creatine blend is insufficient.. i use both alanine n creatine separately and it seems to be beneficial..

Quote Originally Posted by niceshotman View Post
    the beta-alanine will definitely increase your endurance and overall muscular work performed, but exact percentages are hard to know. by the way, i was telling a very attractive young woman about this stuff, and i called it beta-ANALine...freudian slip?
    hahah.. gd one mate.. reckon that was intentional on ur part and aint a slip!! haha

that's a little subliminal pschology trick that works on occaision

...by the way, what I do is: I take a Nalgene 1400 ml silo water bottle, fill it with 48 oz of water & 3 packs of powdered gatorade mix, and I add the 6 grams of Beta Alanine that I will be taking for that day. Then I just drink from the bottle during the day. I can't take much at once, so I drink about a cup, then wait an hour, then drink a cup, etc. until all 48 oz are gone. It's a good way to make sure you are drinking all day, and it spaces the BA out so you don't get all itchy.

also, I mix up 48 oz of protein shake in a separate Nalgene Silo, and I take one cup of protein about every hour, to keep the nitrogen balance up.

the nalgene silo bottles are pretty cool because they carry lots of fluid, and they really don't leak. they can be bouncing all around the back seat of your car and no leaks at all. plus, they have graduated marks to show you how many oz of fluid, so you can easily tell how much you've had.

i personally don't recommend many products, but the nalgene silo water bottle is pretty nice, durable, practical, and economical. and did i mention it does NOT leak !
    Last edited by niceshotman; 10-15-2008 at 11:21 PM.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I've taken beta-alaine stacked with creatine mono and a stack by alri labs.
    Works awesome,just take 3.2mg with food for first 4-6 weeks, saturate muscles, then 3.2 grams daily to maintain such as creatine.
    It works alone as I have also tried, just be careful not to overtrain

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I take it before i lift and iv noticed a increase in vascularity

seems like everyone have received positive experience from beta-alanine use.. interesting how its aint as widely reccommended as creatine.. haha..

Thread Information