tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member

water intake with Monohydrate

i have finally purchase Creatine Monohydrate.. i was wondering about my fluid intake. Now i know that i am suppose to drink at least a gallon a day. But alot of those fluids come from fruit juices and milk. Infact milk is a very important part of my diet. Does fruit juices and milk count for my water intake? they are all water based anyways

you can but i wouldn't....a lot of those drinks will make you actually more dehyrated...try and drink atleast a gallon of WATER per day, if not one and half to be ideal

i drink like 48 ounces if 2% milk and drink water for the remaining fluids...... i bought the infamous cell tech that i hear such bad things about lol..... well i just dont care i wanna see this over priced formula for myself......this the first real time i have ever used creatine....my diet is in shape and im bulking....i am 21 years old 155 pounds 6'1 now looking to bump to 170 by christmas... i have now gained 35 pounds this year... and everything was a pretty solid gain in muscle except my abs..... im always bloated because im skinny and i have to eat so much food....sometimes i feel like im getting a gut but i eat healthy and train

POPS is offline Senior Member
    IMO lose the juice and milk and go with atp creatine serum. no loading, no bloating. works great for me. Check it out. If you really need to have the milk, put skim in your pwo shake. I would only have a small glass of juice pre-workout if I have nothing else available, and I mean a really small glass..

Dinosaur is offline Member
    i don't c any problem with taking o'j. ihave a problem with fluid intake as well but sometimes i force my self to drink at least 3 ltr of water.
    i always wounder about those pros that drink 3 to 4 gallons a day like a horse.

see maybe someone can help me understand, Why it matter whats kind of fluids you are taking in....... the chemistry of every fluid on this earth is water even if it comes from an orange or a glass of milk....it just has added nutrients... as long i am getting enough fluids i dont know why it would matter. water is H2O which pratically every fluid known to man kind has those molecules..

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    honestly, you don't even need more than a gallon of water a day. drinking excessive amounts of water has NEVER been proven to make any significant differences in fat loss, and your body will just piss a lot of it out. It is necessary for people taking creatine, but you dont need more than a gallon of water. People who do that are just ill informed and making themselves uncomfortable every day for absolutely no reason. also, you can drink other things just try to keep at least half the gallon of fluid you consume a day, water. You can actually kill yourself from consuming too much liquid, so honestly stick to a gallon a day and your gunna be just fine.

thats what i was thinking because i get a good 700 calories from milk in my diet and that = 48 ounces - 128 ounces gallon= 80 ounces of water...................I should be find with that and i will not have to sacrafice my diet...... i think thats plenty of water i agree i think ill be fine

ok it says nothing bad about milk.... except for poor apetite at meal times and i deffinently dont have a poor apetetite..... and i dont drink that much juice anyways maybe 2 glasses a day ill be fine..... can someone please reassure me and agree with what im saying

juice just has too much sugar, many times added sugar i.e. high fructose corn syrup which are empty calories and possibly the worst shit you can possibly consume. So i'd limit the juice, and when I did drink juice I'd make sure it's 100% juice with no added anything. Milk is fine though, but I'd say stick to skim. I love milk too, I'm a fiend for chocolate milk. But heres a useful tip. A recent study showed that chocolate milk was a better post work out drink than protein. So drink up and don't listen to people who tell you otherwise.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got to try some soy milk natural unflavored and its really good contains has much calcium has milk and since i am lactose intolerent its best for me.

Has for water intake minimun is 1.5 litre a day but i always try to get in about 1 gallon myself.

Honestly man, It sucks that your lactose intolerant, but don't drink soy milk because soy lowers testosterone and boosts estrogen. its not good for men to drink or eat anything that has to do with soy. I'd try another milk substitute.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    if you guys get bored, read this long article. there are a lot of reasons not to drink processed cows milk. if you can get your hands on natural milk then go for it.

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

a bit of the article:

WELL, AT LEAST COW'S MILK IS PURE

Or is it? Fifty years ago an average cow produced 2,000
    pounds of milk per year. Today the top producers give 50,000
    pounds! How was this accomplished? Drugs, antibiotics,
    hormones, forced feeding plans and specialized breeding;
    that's how.

The latest high-tech onslaught on the poor cow is bovine
    growth hormone or BGH. This genetically engineered drug is
    supposed to stimulate milk production but, according to
    Monsanto, the hormone's manufacturer, does not affect the
    milk or meat. There are three other manufacturers: Upjohn,
    Eli Lilly, and American Cyanamid Company. Obviously, there
    have been no long-term studies on the hormone's effect on
    the humans drinking the milk. Other countries have banned
    BGH because of safety concerns. One of the problems with
    adding molecules to a milk cows' body is that the molecules
    usually come out in the milk. I don't know how you feel, but
    I don't want to experiment with the ingestion of a growth
    hormone. A related problem is that it causes a marked
    increase (50 to 70 per cent) in mastitis. This, then,
    requires antibiotic therapy, and the residues of the
    antibiotics appear in the milk. It seems that the public is
    uneasy about this product and in one survey 43 per cent felt
    that growth hormone treated milk represented a health risk.
    A vice president for public policy at Monsanto was opposed
    to labelling for that reason, and because the labelling
    would create an 'artificial distinction'. The country is
    awash with milk as it is, we produce more milk than we can
    consume. Let's not create storage costs and further taxpayer
    burdens, because the law requires the USDA to buy any
    surplus of butter, cheese, or non-fat dry milk at a support
    price set by Congress! In fiscal 1991, the USDA spent $757
    million on surplus butter, and one billion dollars a year on
    average for price supports during the 1980s (Consumer
    Reports, May 1992: 330-32).

Any lactating mammal excretes toxins through her milk. This
    includes antibiotics, pesticides, chemicals and hormones.
    Also, all cows' milk contains blood! The inspectors are
    simply asked to keep it under certain limits. You may be
    horrified to learn that the USDA allows milk to contain from
    one to one and a half million white blood cells per
    millilitre. (That's only 1/30 of an ounce). If you don't
    already know this, I'm sorry to tell you that another way to
    describe white cells where they don't belong would be to
    call them pus cells. To get to the point, is milk pure or is
    it a chemical, biological, and bacterial cocktail? Finally,
    will the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) protect you? The
    United States General Accounting Office (GAO) tells us that
    the FDA and the individual States are failing to protect the
    public from drug residues in milk. Authorities test for only
    4 of the 82 drugs in dairy cows.

As you can imagine, the Milk Industry Foundation's spokesman
    claims it's perfectly safe. Jerome Kozak says, "I still
    think that milk is the safest product we have."

Other, perhaps less biased observers, have found the
    following: 38% of milk samples in 10 cities were
    contaminated with sulfa drugs or other antibiotics. (This
    from the Centre for Science in the Public Interest and The
    Wall Street Journal, Dec. 29, 1989).. A similar study in
    Washington, DC found a 20 percent contamination rate
    (Nutrition Action Healthletter, April 1990).

What's going on here? When the FDA tested milk, they found
    few problems. However, they used very lax standards. When
    they used the same criteria, the FDA data showed 51 percent
    of the milk samples showed drug traces.

Let's focus in on this because itÂ’s critical to our
    understanding of the apparent discrepancies. The FDA uses a
    disk-assay method that can detect only 2 of the 30 or so
    drugs found in milk. Also, the test detects only at the
    relatively high level. A more powerful test called the
    'Charm II test' can detect drugs down to 5 parts per
    billion.

One nasty subject must be discussed. It seems that cows are
    forever getting infections around the udder that require
    ointments and antibiotics. An article from France tells us
    that when a cow receives penicillin, that penicillin appears
    in the milk for from 4 to 7 milkings. Another study from the
    University of Nevada, Reno tells of cells in 'mastic milk',
    milk from cows with infected udders. An elaborate analysis
    of the cell fragments, employing cell cultures, flow
    cytometric analysis , and a great deal of high tech stuff.
    Do you know what the conclusion was? If the cow has
    mastitis, there is pus in the milk. Sorry, itÂ’s in the
    study, all concealed with language such as "macrophages
    containing many vacuoles and phagocytosed particles," etc.

its more expensive but organic milk is everywhere these days

im wetting my panties right now..... i just got my cell tech hardcore in the mail....im really excited , motivated and curious to see the effects creatine can have.... CReatine Virgin....i got a 4.5 pound bottle , theres 20 servings. if i like it i will but the 7lb bottle next.

Ok im reporting back after a solid 3 days and i need help from peers..... I can not stomach the taste .... it started making me puke just because the taste makes me gag......now i know ive read in threads that people can mix this stuff with a juice instead of water.... i got the fruit punch flavored cell tech. ANYone have any suggestion on mixing this stuff with some thing to make the taste a little more managable....i wont buy this flavor again but its to exspensive to waste

try mixing it with crystal light.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    I know gnc carries its own brands of creatine monohydrate that are flavored.

ill try.....i bought cranberry juice to drink it with i figure the strong taste of the cranberry will cover the sugarary nastyness....yukkkk...i only took it for three days and stopped because it was just making me sick... ill report back on the cranberry and if that dont work i got apple juice.......these are all real fruit juices.....report ill report on monday after new trial......

To my knowledge there is no data to support the recommendation of a gallon of water a day. I would be interested if someone here could reference a study which demonstrated a benefit to drinking large amounts of water.

I can guess where the idea of needing increased water while taking creatine comes from. Doctors use creatinine (not creatine) concentration in the blood to estimate a value called the glomerular filtration rate. In nearly all forms of kidney failure this quantity, GFR, is decreased. It is nearly synonymous with kidney damage. How the concentration of creatinine relates to the GFR is not important. It is enough to say that in 99% of cases a high creatinine number reflects a decreased GFR. When this is *not* true is when production of creatinine is soley responsible for the increased concentration. This is the case when muscle mass is high. It is also the case when supplementing with creatine. Creatinine happens to be a metabolite of creatine so taking extra in your diet will increase your creatine level and in that way give the *appearance* of worsened kidney function. What is important to understand is that creatinine does not damage the kidneys in anyway way, it is merely a convenient guide to kidney function because in the vast majority of people their production of creatinine is constant and only the excretion (via GFR) is variable. Increasing GFR can reduce the creatinine level (which does not mean the kidneys are more healthy). If someone misinterprets a rise in creatinine as a consequence of poorly functioning kidneys they could come to the conclusion that drinking more water is protective of the kidneys. In reality they are simply augmenting the value of a number (creatinine level) which in this case has nothing to do with the health of the kidney.

UNCCwrestler is offline Junior Member
    Monohydrate creatine, regardless of brand, even unflavored pure mono powder= bloat, and nasuea instantly. I would suggest Kre-Alkylan (caplet form) for your next creatine purchase, and just take a pro/carb drink with it PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCCwrestler View Post
    Monohydrate creatine, regardless of brand, even unflavored pure mono powder= bloat, and nasuea instantly. I would suggest Kre-Alkylan (caplet form) for your next creatine purchase, and just take a pro/carb drink with it PWO.
    yeh it does.... i dont know how so many people can drink that stuff.... you must have to build a tolerance for that shit.......with cranberry grape juice it was tolerable....still cant ever see myself drinking that stuff in the morning on non workout days....

I've never experianced nausea from monohydrate powder. The only supplement I ever got nausea from was chelated 100mg zinc tabs.

Up the irons \m/

what like the iron the supplement or weights? lol over my head

lol no, it's an Iron Maiden thing. It's a bad ass classic metal band. "up the irons" is just a greeting or a sign off that's used when talking about the band. I saw his name, so I commented because I'm a HUGE Maiden fan. But just so I don't get accused of hijacking the thread, UP THE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE! haha.

actionx is offline New Member
    good read damn long but informative

Iron Maiden good stuff.

What if you were to eat something then take monohydrate powder? That might help relieve the nausea.

alright yeh, food deffinently helps......... and i reduce my creatine intake to 5 grams... this seems like whats gunna work for me right now........... just taking 5 grams at a time with food and after a couple weeks im sure my stomache will get used to it

ray0414 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    see maybe someone can help me understand, Why it matter whats kind of fluids you are taking in....... the chemistry of every fluid on this earth is water even if it comes from an orange or a glass of milk....it just has added nutrients... as long i am getting enough fluids i dont know why it would matter. water is H2O which pratically every fluid known to man kind has those molecules..
    try putting some orange juice in your water resevoir of your vehicle for the radiator and see what happens. its got water in it so it should work right? lol

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    on creatine, 1.5 gallons of water
    off creatine, 1 gallon of water

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    on creatine, 1.5 gallons of water
    off creatine, 1 gallon of water
    Absurd.

Thread Information