GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb Off-cycling Creatine!?

Is there any point in having a break in Creatine supplementation??? - Does it help the body's responsiveness to Creatine, for example, the next time you cycle-back-on?

If so, what would be an effective amount of time to off-cycle? 1,2,3,or 4 weeks?

I understand I may be asking a anecdotal question that has not yet been answered by science, so if that is the case, then what are people's personal experiences?

Cheers!

CONsis10c is offline Junior Member
    "The use of creatine in healthy individuals is generally considered safe (see Creatine supplements#Safety). Studies have not yet been able to demonstrate either long-term or short term creatine supplementation result in adverse health effects.[8] Creatine supplementation utilizing proper cycling and dosages has not been linked with any adverse side effects beyond occasional dehydration due to increased muscular water uptake from the rest of the body.[9] In fact, an increase in body mass because of increased muscle hydration is the most widely accepted side effect of creatine supplementation[10][11]."

Quote Originally Posted by CONsis10c View Post
    "The use of creatine in healthy individuals is generally considered safe (see Creatine supplements#Safety). Studies have not yet been able to demonstrate either long-term or short term creatine supplementation result in adverse health effects.[8] Creatine supplementation utilizing proper cycling and dosages has not been linked with any adverse side effects beyond occasional dehydration due to increased muscular water uptake from the rest of the body.[9] In fact, an increase in body mass because of increased muscle hydration is the most widely accepted side effect of creatine supplementation[10][11]."
    That copy paste has no bearing on the question.

There is no creatine receptor to be down regulated. conceptually there should be little chance of resistance necessitating cycling. I am unaware of any comparisons between cycling and constant in the literature.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    Is there any point in having a break in Creatine supplementation??? - Does it help the body's responsiveness to Creatine, for example, the next time you cycle-back-on?

If so, what would be an effective amount of time to off-cycle? 1,2,3,or 4 weeks?

I understand I may be asking a anecdotal question that has not yet been answered by science, so if that is the case, then what are people's personal experiences?

Cheers!
    As of 2004 there were over 3500 studies done on creatine. I am sure you can find it somewhere in the literature.

Amendment: 3500 studies on creatine supplementation alone. Sorry.....LOL
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 12-15-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    As of 2004 there were over 3500 studies done on creatine. I am sure you can find it somewhere in the literature.
    Yeah, fair comment....but I didn't really fancy reading through 3500 studies before posting to see if my question was answered somewhere in the endless text, which I probably wouldn't understand without 5yrs of meds school anyway! Call me nuts! Lol

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    Yeah, fair comment....but I didn't really fancy reading through 3500 studies before posting to see if my question was answered somewhere in the endless text, which I probably wouldn't understand without 5yrs of meds school anyway! Call me nuts! Lol
    There not that bad, just read the conclusion at the end of the study's abstract and that will give you an answer hopefully..

There not that bad, just read the conclusion at the end of the study's abstract and that will give you an answer hopefully..
    ...Hmm, knowing where to look narrows it down a bit I guess. I'm telling you though, it better be in the 1st 3470 studies dude, or I'm giving up!!

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Not all of us are semi-genious like you bro lol

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    As of lately i have been trying to read more post less, i feel im a better person for doing so

Thread Information