Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126

    1st PH cycle question

    Just started a cycle of Spawn and was wondering if I should bump up the number of days I work out while on. I'm a somewhat hard gainer and have been working out OED but should I bump it up to say, 2 days on, 1 day off?
    Also, should I be taking it with food or on an empty stomach? Looked on the bottle but it doesnt say. Thanks.

  2. #2
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    Anyone?

  3. #3
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Lay out your complete routine so I can give you a better answer and yes, take it with a meal.

  4. #4
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    Currently doing a 4 day split:

    Mon-chest
    4 sets of flat bench 6-10 reps
    4 sets incline with DB 6-10 reps
    3 sets cable crossovers 8 reps
    Abs

    Wed-legs
    4 sets of squats 8-12 reps
    4 sets of leg presses 8-12 reps
    3 sets of seated leg curls 10 reps
    4 sets standing calf raises 8-12

    Fri-back
    4 sets deadlifts 6-10
    4 sets of pull ups rep to failure(usually around 8)
    4 sets bent over rows with barbell 6-10
    Abs

    Sun-Arms
    4 sets barbell curls 8-10
    4 sets alt. dumbell curls 8-10
    4 sets tricep extensions 8-10
    4 sets skull crushers 8-10

    You might notice I'm not doing any shoulders. I messed up my right shoulder and until I can get it taken care of I havent been able to do any thing with it. Its not too bad as long as I dont really isolate it. It bothers me a bit on inclines but its not too bad.

  5. #5
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Currently doing a 4 day split:

    Mon-chest
    4 sets of flat bench 6-10 reps
    4 sets incline with DB 6-10 reps
    3 sets cable crossovers 8 reps
    Abs

    Wed-legs
    4 sets of squats 8-12 reps
    4 sets of leg presses 8-12 reps
    3 sets of seated leg curls 10 reps
    4 sets standing calf raises 8-12

    Fri-back
    4 sets deadlifts 6-10
    4 sets of pull ups rep to failure(usually around 8)
    4 sets bent over rows with barbell 6-10
    Abs

    Sun-Arms
    4 sets barbell curls 8-10
    4 sets alt. dumbell curls 8-10
    4 sets tricep extensions 8-10
    4 sets skull crushers 8-10

    You might notice I'm not doing any shoulders. I messed up my right shoulder and until I can get it taken care of I havent been able to do any thing with it. Its not too bad as long as I dont really isolate it. It bothers me a bit on inclines but its not too bad.
    You may want to post this in the workout section to get better input. I would do two days on 1 off. 1 on 1 off is kind of too much rest time imo. That sucks about the shoulders..be careful with flat bench too, really blasts the front delt.

  6. #6
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    I'll post it over there right now. Thanks for the input. Merry Christmas bro.

  7. #7
    T_Own's Avatar
    T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    pistolvania
    Posts
    3,850
    yeah doing chest can really kill my shoulders if i go pretty heavy. a few years ago i would try to do shoulders either with chest, or the next day and it was always hard.

    that doesn't seem like that much of a workout to me, but i would have to do it to really call it. i guess going to failure on some would make it a lot more strenuous

  8. #8
    Big's Avatar
    Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    28,653
    at 5'11" and 167lbs it's safe to say you need to take a long hard look at your diet as well.

  9. #9
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    at 5'11" and 167lbs it's safe to say you need to take a long hard look at your diet as well.
    Diet was definitely something I have worked on and I'm actually up to 184 right now. I've put on about 5lbs since starting the PH cycle. Ive spent alot of time reading posts in the diet section and have bumped up the eating as well. Might need to tone it down a bit actually as I've noticed some fat in the midsection that I never had a problem with before. I guess some fat can be expected when bulking though.

  10. #10
    Big's Avatar
    Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    28,653
    that's what I like to hear, sounds like your heading in the right direction. Keep us posted.

  11. #11
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    that's what I like to hear, sounds like your heading in the right direction. Keep us posted.
    Will do, Big. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be around here for a long time. I wish I would have found this site a 10 years ago.

  12. #12
    jbran23's Avatar
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradenton Florida
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    yeah doing chest can really kill my shoulders if i go pretty heavy. a few years ago i would try to do shoulders either with chest, or the next day and it was always hard.

    that doesn't seem like that much of a workout to me, but i would have to do it to really call it. i guess going to failure on some would make it a lot more strenuous


    I Have always heard that less is more when you are a hard gainer as long as you keep the intensity high in what you do. I push myself hard and never half ass on any sets. I was also sure to include the big three in there(squats, deads, and bench). If there are any exercises you think are missing I'm always open to suggestions. Thats what I'm here for.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •