TheKing. is offline Junior Member

GF weight NEED HELP

My gf is losing weight and she is worried. She is 89 lbs and she wants to gain weight. She used to be 104 at her prime and I want to help her gain weight. The doctor said nothing is wrong with her. I believe she isn't eating enough. What kinds of supplements will help her get back up to her ideal weight?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    food

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    food
    exactly. you stated that you don't believe she is eating enough, and she is shrinking, so the evidence points to one thing. She isn't losing weight because of a lack of some supplement in her body, she needs to eat more.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    mor food and a good multi vitamin should help her out figure out what she burns in a day and make her eat more than that and maybee use some foiods that slow down the metabolism at that size she can probably burn through anything

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    even more specific, calories.. she needs to consume more calories. if she is that skinny and eating every 3 or 4 hours, then she may have some sort of metabolic condition, perhaps a thyroid issue.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by RATTLEHEAD View Post
    even more specific, calories.. she needs to consume more calories. if she is that skinny and eating every 3 or 4 hours, then she may have some sort of metabolic condition, perhaps a thyroid issue.
    yeah but he said she already went to the doc for it and there was nothing wrong with her.

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    If she can't gain weight on a wholesome diet, then she has to have some sort of metabolic problem (unless she purges and doesn't tell you about it). If she can't gain her weight back, then i'd say get a second medical opinion.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    ^^ I agree with Rattlehead. My girlfriend went through a similar problem 2 years ago... she went to the doctor and got cleared once, (after dropping 13 pounds out of no where), and after forcing her to eat more, she still wasn't gaining weight. So I took her back to the doctor. It turned out she was "stage 2 bulimic"

Hopefully this isn't the case with you, but eerily similar situations here..

hope everything works out.

gtxben is offline Junior Member
    Not sure what you're gf's bathroom habits are........but my wife had an issue several years ago. She normally weighed in around 100lbs and then started dropping weight. Granted she didn't eat much, but eventually started to have some stomach pains. She seen a couple of different docs from small towns and they told her it was all in her head and she just needed to eat more food. Eventually she started to get ill (nothing showed up in blood work right away) and her white blood cell count started to fall, she dropped down to 85lbs and was having to get fed through IV. Some bigwig doc at a reputable clinic in Rochester, MN started to look at her case and found out that she had ulcerative-colitis. She's been in remission now for several years with no surgeries and is able to take a maintenance medicine, but is easily prone to flare-ups if stress becomes a factor in her life. I treat her like a Queen to keep the stress levels way low. A second opinion might not be a bad idea.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKing. View Post
    My gf is losing weight and she is worried. She is 89 lbs and she wants to gain weight. She used to be 104 at her prime and I want to help her gain weight. The doctor said nothing is wrong with her. I believe she isn't eating enough. What kinds of supplements will help her get back up to her ideal weight?
    Food, Get her eating often and properly, go on walks and sheot letter her do her sidebends and sit-ups it will take a month or two but she could get up the no problem, and keep her away from the scale. just use the mirror her weight will fluctuate quite a bit from carbs and water retention. just keep at it she will be fine. Glad to help

Thread Information