Thread: vitb12 effects

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member

vitb12 effects

what do you guys experience from b12 use and what doses do you use?

can someone move this to the aas forum please

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    its not an aas question. are you going to inject it? i've tried the 500mcg cyanocobalamin pills and they do nothing.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    its not an aas question. are you going to inject it? i've tried the 500mcg cyanocobalamin pills and they do nothing.
    b12 pills only have a 2% absorbtion rate, everything else is destroyed during digestion

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    I have a deficiency. i take 5,000 mcg's twice per day. I feel a huge difference in energy levels in general comparing days I do take it, and days I don't. It's great stuff, and works awesome for me.

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    oh, and make sure you get the sublingual tabs. They are absorbed under the tongue for max absorption.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    b12 pills only have a 2% absorbtion rate, everything else is destroyed during digestion
    yeah i know its really low thats why they megadose them. its listed as 5,333% of the dv.

i was taking about injectible b12

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Injectable Vitamin B-12 FAQ

Q. Does supplementing with non-injectable B-12 give you the same effects?

A. To simply answer this question, the answer is no. Your GI tract will destroy more than 90% of vitamin b-12 when you take it orally. When you inject gets absorbed differently.

Q. Is injectable B-12 legal?

A. You may buy it over the net legally, but it is difficult to walk into a pharmacy and pick it up. Here, in North America it is legal. It is also easy to get in Canada

Q. What benefits do I have when taking B-12?

A. Vitamin B-12 is known to increase RBC (red blood cells.) It is also known to dramatically increase appetite and energy. Some people may not notice the appetite affects as well as others.

Q. Who should use B-12?

A. Anyone can use B-12. But with Injectables I would advise someone be 18 years of age or older. But of course, 21 years of age or older when using other substances such as steroids

Q. Where is B-12 found?

A. B-12 is found in virtually everything you consume on a daily basis. The B-12 in the food you consume is not equivalent to the B-12 you would inject, the food you consume is smaller than the injects.

Q. How many Cubic Centimeters (CC’s) should I take weekly?

A. Any amount you desire. No more than 7cc’s (7,000mgs) a week. Some people take ½ cc or 1cc a week some take 5-7. Try to do two weeks on, than two weeks off, and so on.

Q. If I went nuts with vet grade everyday or every other day, can I get the same results?

A. Yes. You will see the same results. If you go “nuts” and take over 7,000mgs a week than it would be a waste

Q. Can you overdose on B-12 if it’s water-soluble?

A. No.

Q. how quickly will one notice the energy and appetite?

A. The energy may show up three days to a week. The appetite will show up about the second week, but of course, this depends on the person.

For someone just using injectable b-12, can any sort of increased muscle mass/strength be expected?

A. I have been using it for a while now. I have noticed a little bit of mass, but it is probably from the increase in appetite. Strength is not any higher, nor is it lower. There are no studies stating increased strength/mass

Q. What’s the deal with 2 weeks on/2 weeks off? Does B12 really need to be cycled, and why?

A. The reason for cycling b-12 is because the effects wear off after awhile from desensitization. You don't need to cycle, but I would recommend it

Q. Does it hurt?
    A. No, not compared to anything else you can inject. Of course it all depends on your pain threshold too

Can you stack? Is there a problem with taking it while on a cycle?

A. There is no problem "stacking" it just make sure to try to cycle on and off every two weeks

B12 can be injected with slin pins, correct?

A. Yes

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Good info, Phate. That answered some of my ?'s as well.

Thread Information