xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member

Waxy Maize vs Oates PWO

Which is better? I've been looking into some waxymaize and I can't help but see that oats are alot cheaper.

The only real benefit I see from waxy maize it would be alot easier to take down then that cup-cup1/2 of oats which for me is hard.

I just started mixing the oats in my whey and it worked great so my problem is solved. I'd still like to know which one is more beneficial.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I use oats.

JackJohnson was doing blood work after consuming WMS PWO and it wasn't spiking his levels. This is a good thing.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ right ..waxy maize is supposed to give the nutrient shuttling benefits that a high gi carb would without the nagatives of high blood glucose(and thus insulin spike- great for low carb diets etc..) and stomach upset. Oats as you know are low gi carbs.

Do you guys use gatorade or dextrose with your pwo shake?

I think that i'm going to pass on waxymaize and keep blending the oates in my shake. Cheaper and you know it works, easy decision.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    i don't deink neither of them but if i have to choose between the two than i definatly go with dextrose its fast to digest into the stomach.
    now waxymaize is even faster to pass throught the staomach as for the oats it would take longer its slow digestion process that's why most bodybuilders use the oat in the morning so that way they will benefit from it through the whole day.
    hope that help.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    I stopped using dex and started using oats in my shakes a long time ago and im doing just fine... I wont consume high GI carb's PWO again!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    oats

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i use waxy and apple juice

i like it better then when i used dextrose and such

Blog Entries
    dextrose has got to be one of the stupidest, unhealthiest things to do.

The only thing I hate more than dextrose is maltodextrin. Why not just eat sugar?

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    The only thing I hate more than dextrose is maltodextrin. Why not just eat sugar?
    well technically it is sugar...

I've watched so many videos saying to get the dextrose pwo but alot of people here are saying it's bad. What is it that has most of this group calling it a joke? I know sugar is bad, but with all of the people (I've even seen milos Sarcev advising it) saying the spike opens the window or w/e why not do it?

Blog Entries
    "overloading you rbody with sugars will cause insulin to be released to stabilize blood sugar, it is never a perfect mechanism so your blood sugar drops a little too low and your body then releases glucagon to raise blood sugart back up. However, there is still insulin flying around so its shuttled into tissues again for storage and then your adrenal glands release cortisol to compensate for the dramatic drop in blood sugar. The more you do this to your body the more you go back and forth between burning out your beta cells and adrenal glands.

Next you are suffering from hypoglycemia and after that diabetes it is.

....Naw i try never to take in high GI or GL carbs. I dont really see any benefit and I am friends with a few IFBB pros and none of them take in high GI either.

I mean say you took 2 identical people, trained the same and ate the same amount of calories with the same macro ratio's for a year. One of them taking dextrose after workout one taking yams. Is the one who took dextrose going to have more lean body mass at the end of the year even tho they took in the exact same amount of carbs and protein? I dont think so.

.....You never NEED high GI carbs. Yes you are in a catabolic state PWO...you need to replenish AMINO's...why do you think that you need to have fast acting carbs to build msucle? That makes no sense man sorry. Especially if you are cutting you dont need to be using dextrose or waxy maize starch.

I use it from time to time depending on what muscle I am working out etc. But there is never ever a need for it and it will not help you retain more muscle than using oats or a low GI food. And that is fact.

It makes no sense at all that you would retain more muscle using something that raises your blood glucose faster rather than slower. Carbs dont build muscle, protein does."

-C_Bino

"I know all the mumbo jumbo about using fast digesting carbs PWO, but over the years I've found through experimenting on myself, and many trainee's that there is absolutely no difference in growth between consuming high GI carbs PWO and consuming low GI carbs. There is a huge difference in BF accumulation though. Low GI carbs keep you much leaner thus allowing you to consume more on a daily basis, and carbs are needed for growth, especially training HIT.
    My PWO meal that I've been eating for several years now is egg whites and sweet potato right in my car in the parking lot. No shakes ever...shocking! Uncanny thing is, I'm making great progress on a yearly basis and my body fat never exceeds 11% at any given time.

Also, guys usually consume far too many carbs in their PWO shake, then consume far too many carbs at their PWO meal. Then they wonder why they look like f*cking blimps. Someone tell me how a guy with an LBM of say 180 pounds needs 75 g of carbs in a PWO shake,and then needs 75 g more at their PWO meal. Most pro's I'm friends with don't even consume that many carbs in one sitting. You need healthy fats PWO. They are calorie dense so you need to take that into account as well. 50 g carbs,plus moderate healthy fat is more than enough for most individuals with an LBM of over 180. "

-Pinnacle

When you got guys like Bino, Pinn, Nark, Nova, etc preaching against high GI, lol, Im sold.

Plus, I hate dextrose personally. All I noticed was big time bloat when I used it. Also, pure table sugar, especially in those amounts, just isn't healthy at all from any standpoint.
    I also have used waxy maize starch and noticed nothing.
    Right now I use whey, oats, banana, fish oil and sometimes raisins. I overall feel better, and am leaner than when using dextrose or wms.
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 01-18-2009 at 01:33 AM.

^^^

Nice collection of posts that I remember all in one place!

I tell ya, these guys takin dextrose and crap PWO are FOOLS!!!

*Throws away jar of powder gatorade*

"egg whites and sweet potato right in my car in the parking lot. No shakes ever...shocking!"

No way in hell I could do that.

It seems like bino totally hates whey. I only take 20g pre and 50g pwo and think it works great.
    Last edited by xnotoriousx; 01-23-2009 at 03:17 PM.

tondi53 is offline New Member
    may sound weird but for PWO ive heard of guys using baby food the sweet potato one and if ur not lookin to cook its much quicker

bigreggie0752 is offline New Member
    Isnt baby food pre-digested for the baby's stomach

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ as far as i know its more like pre chewed regular food - mashed even finer than that ...but just real food i believe ....

tondi53 is offline New Member
    yea just real food and water...just heard about it thats all

i always read you need to replace glycogen as fast as possible? and the insulin spike puts your body in an anabolic state. Thats why i have multidextrin after my workout. To each their own.

what should you take after a 45 min run?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

UncleD is offline Associate Member
    looks there just trying to sell some protien carb drink.. jmo though.. i use waxy maize and it works just as good as dextrose for me and i dont gota shit 30 minits later.. i use dark matter by mhp (not the plug) its all about comfort for me.. even if it did work a little less then dextrose its worth not SHITTING MYSELF!! lol so there

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    dextrose has got to be one of the stupidest, unhealthiest things to do.
    Thank you. I can't believe i use to do a 1:2 ratio of that $hit *puke

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    just had me a pwo drink, oats + whey/casein,blend it up slam it down

Thread Information