Never_Give_Up is offline New Member

noob question... whats the difference between creatine and glutamine??

hey guys im 17 years old and just starting into body building. im currently taking protein powder but wanted to add to it with either glutamine or creatine...
    Ive been doing research on creatine and glutamine but the specs ive found are that they are very similar.. was wondering from the pros ie you guys what the differences are and what they are for?? which ones better to use with protein powder?

thanks in advance

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    ok, I'm no doctor or scientist, but I do play one on TV....lol

basically , creatine is a fuel used for energy and helps soak water into your muscles and glutamine is an amino acid which aids recovery

both are used and good for bodybuilding

BTW, being only 17, you are too young to be a member here and will probably have your membership suspended until you are 18, but stick around and keep reading

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Never_Give_Up View Post
    hey guys im 17 years old and just starting into body building. im currently taking protein powder but wanted to add to it with either glutamine or creatine...
    Ive been doing research on creatine and glutamine but the specs ive found are that they are very similar.. was wondering from the pros ie you guys what the differences are and what they are for?? which ones better to use with protein powder?

thanks in advance
    They are not similar at all besides that they are both a white powder.

Creatine is basically more fuel for your muscles, more reps=more muscle. Like T-mos said glutamine aids with recovery and has a muscle sparing effect when cutting.

BTW, being only 17, you are too young to be a member here and will probably have your membership suspended until you are 18, but stick around and keep reading
    x2

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ^^^exactly. you'll be suspended until your 18th birthday because of board rules but you might find our other board which you are allowed on before interesting. www.probodybuilding.com

take care bro
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Creatine, to be precise, is not fuel of any sort. It is a chemical which functions as a chemical capacitor. The creatine you ingest is an uncharged capacitor which adds no energy to your body. What it does do is allow you to store more of your usable energy (caloric content) in a form that is rapidly available.

You can think of creatine concentration in muscles as the banwidth of your internet connection. Energy is the data.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    Creatine, to be precise, is not fuel of any sort. It is a chemical which functions as a chemical capacitor. The creatine you ingest is an uncharged capacitor which adds no energy to your body. What it does do is allow you to store more of your usable energy (caloric content) in a form that is rapidly available.

You can think of creatine concentration in muscles as the banwidth of your internet connection. Energy is the data.
    I wasn't being literal. I know creatine phosphate gets *indirectly* converted into atp which ultimately is the muscles fuel. The most easily available etc, etc...
    Last edited by IM708; 02-15-2009 at 02:26 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Creatine never directly converts to atp - it breaks down to creatine and phosphate - the energy released when this happens helps to regenerate atp .....
    At any rate ...the differences of the 2 - glutamine and creatine were well explained.

reference: http://www.sportsci.org/traintech/creatine/rbk.html

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    I wasn't being literal. I know creatine phosphate gets *indirectly* converted into atp which ultimately is the muscles fuel. The most easily available etc, etc...
    Oh I know you were trying to be simple on purpose. I was just giving the more complicated explanation for those who cared.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    Oh I know you were trying to be simple on purpose. I was just giving the more complicated explanation for those who cared.
    Gotcha, get too complicated esspecially as a salesman and you get that 'deer in headlights' look from people.

molecule is offline Associate Member
    Its too complicated for this young man to know about ATP ADP. Lets make it simple for you

Creatine
    Will increase power
    will retain water in your muscle and make them look bigger, the more the water u drink the bigger it gets
    Muscle will shrink when you stop using it.
    Should be taken preworkout

Glutamine
    Type of amino acid
    Helps your muscles to recover faster after workout
    Prevents you from lossing muscle when u do cardio (being very crude on this)
    Should be take before workout or before cardio.

Thread Information