Dazza21 is offline Junior Member

Ephedrine/ECA for sports, who has used it?

Alrights guys and girls, wondering who has used Ephedrine or the ECA stack for sports? primarily before an event/match to boost performance?

Looking into it for some pre-match boost to give me the edge in the match (sport is rugby) so its very stop/start and explosive.

Anyone here used it for sports not just fat burning?

Cheers

HOLLYWOOD.JACK is offline Associate Member
    Why not just try it and see how you go?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD.JACK View Post
    Why not just try it and see how you go?
    saves me buying it if it turns out it's about as much use as a chocolate fireplace when it comes to boosting performance

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Ephedrine acts very similar to clen and clen decreases aerobic performance in non asthmatics. Caffeine will help though.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    Ephedrine acts very similar to clen and clen decreases aerobic performance in non asthmatics. Caffeine will help though.
    i've heard different, also had a browse through a recent study which showed increased performance

Great, listen to the article then.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    Great, listen to the article then.
    Well i'm asking who here has used it, and what they thought of it as a performance booster not what the article says.

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    everyone is different. i personally fatigue quicker with clen and ephedra. i've seen/heard people say it boosts their stamina though.

Bump. c'mon i know somone must have/does use this pre match/workout for other than fat burning?

you want real stamina? Start jumping rope until you can jump for 35 minutes straight without stopping every other day. Theres no such thing as a supplement that is going to give you crazy stamina. Stamina is something you achieve through diligence and hard work. Trust me, just start jumping rope.

Quote Originally Posted by RATTLEHEAD View Post
    you want real stamina? Start jumping rope until you can jump for 35 minutes straight without stopping every other day. Theres no such thing as a supplement that is going to give you crazy stamina. Stamina is something you achieve through diligence and hard work. Trust me, just start jumping rope.
    I know that man, but even when your fit as, that little something extra before a match will help im not some kid trying to take a short cut

The best thing I guess supplement-wise for stamina then, would probably be a pre work out supplement. Something like Superpump 250 etc.

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    it will no doubt give you an extra boost of energy. on a couple of occasions when i did all out cardio and my heart rate was pumping it made me feel sick and close to vomiting, other times i would dry reach and once i power spewed. Majority of the time i was fine but given that you are playing rugby start off with a small dose and work your way up till you feel comfortable coz it could possibly dehydrate you pretty quick

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    I used an ephedra based drink before cycling when I first got into it. It gave me ok results most of the time. Any more than needed and I would get sick.
    I switched to No2 suppliments (n.o. explode, nanovapor, plasmacore.....) I get twice the workout/ ride from the No2 products and they have never made me sick.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I wouldn't use ephedra before a match, dude. I don't know where you play at, but down here in Miami it's gets pretty fkin hot around 2 pm. Especially when you're running around on an open field. I think it would hurt more than help.

I tried using NO Xplode before matches, didn't help any. I also tried using BSN's Volumaize, also didn't help any. I found that not eating prior the match on the day of, and drinking a good amount of Gatorade before the match works best for me.

There is a running/cycling supplement called FRS that I use when I'm doing hardcore cardio. It actually helps. I feel reserve energy kicking in when you hit that wall and need to dig deep for that little extra. I've never tried it prior to a match though, only for practice.

HOLLYWOOD.JACK is offline Associate Member
    Ephedrine is different from Ephedra

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD.JACK View Post
    Ephedrine is different from Ephedra
    Ephedra---->Ephedrine
    Difference between the banned Ephedra and the Ephedra being sold now

yea man i ball and ephedrine will make you insane. i ran around like a crazed dog just rippin everyone a knew asshole. when you get tired you dont even notice. and just think all the pro athlete's used ultimate orange when it contained 50mg of ephedrine and 100mg of caffine... it helps me with my pshy... thats also why they banned and that some poeple died from OD

TheJuicer is offline Member
    All the stimulates dehydrate you like mad which is going to decrease your performance. I've been using beta-alanine and I do a lot of interval cardio and it has helped big time. But I also notice If i take a large dose my body temp. feels a bit up. Kind of a thermo feeling. In this case I would use creatine mono/beta-alanine mix. But another thing you need to know is that it take around a month to get FULL affect of these products taken everyday.
    Last edited by TheJuicer; 03-28-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information