skibum21 is offline New Member

Surgery Tomorrow

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area or if anyone would know the answer to my question but here it goes. I am going in for reconstructive facial surgery tomorrow for fractures. Is there any supplement that i could take that would help recovery? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I would avoid taking any supplements starting now and a few weeks after surgery. You never know if there'll be any complications in relation to your procedure.

Talk to your doc about it man.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^ x 2,goodluck

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Best medicine is positive thinking .

Good luck !

Prayers don't hurt either .

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    coral calcium would be the only one that has any scientific evidence, but nothing really measurable

also look into a product called cissus, there are some medical studies that show it beneficial in speeding muscle/tendon recovery nothing tremendiuos though,

Good luck on the surgery bro Ive been there myself, had like 3 surgeries done to fix my face with a buncha metal in there to show for it.

have fun with the shakes/blended spagethi Os bro

Thanks for the comments and good wishes, a had some complications coming out of anesthesia, but other then that thing couldn't have gone better.

Bryan2 are "coral calcium" and "cissus" available at any supplement store, say "super supplements?" Also what did you have done and how long did it take you to get back to 100%. My lower orbital was fractured in 5 places, i have something like 12 screws and 2 plates holding it together now. The base of my eye socket was "egg shelled" so they had to replace that with some plastic polymer.

Thanks again

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    What about something like collagen?

coral calcium is everywhere not anything different than regular calcium cept its harvested from coral and it alot more absorbable

cissus maybe, but not sure? internet id say for the cissus

I broke my jaw in two places, clean separation I had two plates and an odd number of screws, Knocked a bottom front tooth out, and had to get the front plate out a year latter to put the implant in then had to harvest the roof of my mouth for the new gum tissue for the implant and then finally the crown

Ive been there and it sucks hopefully if you have nerve damage yours regrow together after a few years

Me not so lucky still numb on the left side but you get used to it,

xixBigSexyxlx- I'm not sure about collagen, to be honest I've heard of it but i have no idea what it is or what it does.

Bryan2- Thanks for the tip on the coral calcium sounds like a good idea I'll have to pick some up when I'm not on as many meds. I do have some numbness on my face not sure if i'll get the feeling back or not. Sounds like you had more work done then i did. My plates and screws are all perminent, should be interesting when i go through metal detectors.

Thanks again for the advise, i appreciate it.

Yeah mine are too I had to get the front out only cuz it was blocking the way for the implant, still got the left plate in,

no worries about the metal detector they use precious metal so it wonr rust or set any metal detectors off

Thread Information