IssacNewton is offline New Member

POst workout carbs?

What is a good drink to get carbs after my workout?

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member
    I myself like Champion Heavyweight Gainer 900
    The carbs come from maltodextrin, witch is better than plain sugar.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon the Rooster View Post
    I myself like Champion Heavyweight Gainer 900
    The carbs come from maltodextrin, witch is better than plain sugar.
    whey and oats

NMacFar is offline Member
    I take my usual post workout shake and add 4 scoops of CYTOCARB-II in to the mix. It's cheap as hell and it does the job. It also has no taste so it won't interfere with your shales taste.

here's a link but it can also be purchased at places like GNC, etc.
    http://www.tsnnutrition.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=3738

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by popsinc View Post
    whey and oats
    Whey & oats are good for sure but you need high-glycemic carbohydrates for your pwo nutrition

Your body will be extremely depleted of muscle glycogen that it used for fueling the intense demand you just placed on them.
    The resulting spike in glucose molecules from eating high-glycemic carbohydrates is immediately snatched up by your muscles for storage as replaced glycogen and prevents catabolism. Since the glucose is used up right away, your body won't experience the insulin spike normally associated with high glycemic carbs, so you don't have to worry about fat storage.

I shoot for 6oz chicken breast along with 5oz of sweet potato with some cinnamon. Whey and oats work fine, HIGH GI works for some, however I suggest keeping your diet filled with LOW gi carbs only.....replacing glycogen is not something that occurs only 10minutes post workout....we are constantly replenishing glycogen. If you flex your bicep and hold it for 20 seconds guess what you just burned to hold that pose? Yeah you guessed it.....muscle glycogen. Does that mean you need to run to your fridge and make a dextrose/whey shake to replace it? Absolutely NOT. Keeping your blood sugar levels steady throughout the day is best for constantly replenishing glycogen. Don’t be so concerned with spiking insulin .....instead concentrate on being consistent with your healthy eating. There are also supplements you can take to help your body store food as energy (glycogen) rather fat. I use CLA, ALA, chromium, and b vitamins. All are good for that purpose. So if you’re just looking for a shake instead of a meal PWO, I’d go with a protein mix instead of just pure whey alongside oats! Hope that helps man!

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    60 gram protein shake along with some dextrose some powerade and a bannana.

i think chicken would take to long to digest PNS

IssacNewton is offline New Member
    Yeah I generaly eat pretty well.
    Been kind of following a diet from on here. I eat fruit and lean protein throughout the day. Try to cut the carbs out of the diet after 5 pm..
    Been eating alot of oats..

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon the Rooster View Post
    Whey & oats are good for sure but you need high-glycemic carbohydrates for your pwo nutrition

Your body will be extremely depleted of muscle glycogen that it used for fueling the intense demand you just placed on them.
    The resulting spike in glucose molecules from eating high-glycemic carbohydrates is immediately snatched up by your muscles for storage as replaced glycogen and prevents catabolism. Since the glucose is used up right away, your body won't experience the insulin spike normally associated with high glycemic carbs, so you don't have to worry about fat storage.
    I do the whey and oats before I leave the gym then once I get home ( which is within 20-30 min ) Ill have 2 turkey burgers and 2 cups of sweet potatoes. I think Im pretty well covered here....

Thread Information