Thread: Whey Protein

TrynaImprove is offline Junior Member

Whey Protein

I know everyone has their own equations on how to judge and rate whey protein, but come on! the thing that really matters most is how effective it is. The taste and smells and mixability is nothing that you can't fix with some other normal household substances. With that said, i found a product which i need your help on if any protein can beat the protein found on this site: buybulkwhey(dot)com. Which should i invest in, considering each product's effectiveness and why?! thank u 2 all who answer.

chubbsub is offline Junior Member
    it's whey protein concentrate, so it's not a good option PWO due to lactose and residual fat content...

look for whey protein isolate, or the best option, whey hydrolysate, b/c it's the "fastest"

michael tyson is offline Associate Member
    i see nothing wrong with the whey from that site.. I actually am waiting for my first order to be shipped

AnabolicApocalypse is offline New Member
    What you want to look for is the purest whey protein you can find. One with alot of protein isolates and amino acids. ON 100% rules.

So how do you know how much whey protein isolates and amino acids there are in the diff brands of whey protein?! I'm just looking for the best bang for the buck. Taste doesnt matter that much to me but everything else does alot! please help. thanks.

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    You could try trueprotein.com. You can custom mix your own powders, or just buy in bulk. I am pretty happy with their product.

what do you order from them?! like how do you set your up?!

I just got 10lbs of 100% whey. Then bulk glutamine, arginine, and taurine. I mix it myself 40g protein, 5g glutamine, 2g arginine, and 2g taurine. I find it easier, that way I can change amounts of whatever I want.

And what does that run you?! I am on all sports teams so i only now have been advised to take things so i'm trying to see what i should make staple supplements. Can you help me out?! keep in mind, i had a bad back injury (taurine?!).

It doesn't cost all that much, but supplements in general are expensive. If you have a good diet, supplements probably are not needed at all. I just like to have a little extra. BCAA's are a good place to start, they will help with recovery. Glutamine is also a good one, it is used throughout the body in damn near every process. Arginine is not really needed to be supplemented. Taurine really doesn't either, unless you are running clen , then it is a good idea.

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicApocalypse View Post
    What you want to look for is the purest whey protein you can find. One with alot of protein isolates and amino acids. ON 100% rules.
    I second that. ON all the way

Thread Information