AUb27 is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb making my own sup

i recently hit up a sale at popeyes to grab some on sale protein and got what i beleive to be one of the best proteins on the market (allmax isoflex) and also grabbed a nice loot bag full of samples. after rummaging through them and taking a couple i am just so fed up with these companies and their matrix's, proprietary blends and fusions etc. that im thinking im just going to make my own supplements from now on from the raw ingredients i know work. this way im not paying for advertising and the name brand and ill actually know how much of the actual important ingredients im taking in. (what put me over the edge was what i first thought to be a decent "amino acid complex" in a common preworkout pump **cough*xpand*cough** seeing as how it contained 3 pretty decent aminos, then i jumped back to the first one and saw taurine and thought to myself.. wtf is that doing there? if ur new to the sup game, these companies list many ingredients (some good) in a "matrix or blend" but always contain some kind of garbage filler (in this case taurine, or usualy something long and fancy so it looks legit). so in this case ur probly gettin 4.9 grams of taurine (cheap stuff) and about 0.3 grams of each of the aminos listed. awesome! complete waste of money not to mention ur getting next to NONE of the ingredients u think ur getting! u get more out of the food you eat and it costs 100x less! anyways enough of this rant...
    im wanting to make a supplement or two on my own, powder form, for before and after my workouts so ill probly make 2. i just thought id ask u guys for some input and if anyone else has made their own sup from the raw ingredients.
    in my pre workout ill probly include some, creatine mono, beta alanine, caffeine, and maybe some bcaa's.
    in my post im thinking some creatine mono again (maybe only post), glutamine, bcaa's and maybe some simple sugar for a insulin spike (this i have to read more on), and a little carbs so here a bit of maltodextrin or something else would be appropriate.
    maybe ill even make the stuff in mass and sell it to my football buddies and whoever else for a good price. ne ways what are ur thoughts on the ingredients?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Why not throw creatine ethyl in with the mono? L-Arginine and taurine would be cool to.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    You gonna have any form of whey in there?

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    for me... raw Arginine alpha keto glucorate, l-arginine, l-glutamine, leucine, isoleucine, beta alanine, form of creatine (alkalyne or mono but prob more inclined towards alkalyne) for intra workout and if pre-workout antoher 50-100 g of caffeine. probably 3g of each except caffeine, and more aminos

whey and casein and thats pretty much it

AUb27 is offline Associate Member
    i did consider arginine as an afterthought, definately still gonna consider it. i am actually still content with buying the all max whey protein since i can get it for a decent enough price for my PWO, when i make somethin up it will just to be to accompany my protein. i read a study that said that CEE was actually less effective than mono so thats why just the mono. i dont know much about alkalyne tho whats the benefit there? i like the aminos u listed, not completely sold on taurine, and what is the difference/benefit from raw arginine akg?

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    i meant like the raws....just buying the bulk product of aakg l-glutamine and etc...they sell them pharm grade for OK price

XxRydnxX is offline Junior Member
    I'd def. be interested rather then wasting 50 bucks on garbage ingredients

Thread Information