stryker is offline Junior Member

gnc supplements at wholesale price

i have recently found out that if you take a wholesale catalog to your local gnc they are supposed to match the price in the catalog, so i usally hit them up on super tuesday and really put it to them. so much easier than paying for shipping fees and then waiting for the shit to come in. pm me and ill give you the number and name of the catalog.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    so you're saying you get 20% off of the wholesale prices?
    What happens here, stays here

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i wouldn't give GNC my business my anyway. at least here, the people that work those stores don't know one thing about the supp they sell

you are correct. for instance i take alot of isopure, reg price at 49.99 wholesale out of the magazine for 30.00 minus the 6 dollars for the 20 percent off and there you have it 3 lbs of pure protien for only 24 dollars, plus i buy it on a miltary base so i dont have to pay tax its awesome.

just found out today that gnc is no longer going to have super tuesday, they are going to have something better. starting as of december first the first 7 days of the month you can get 20 percent off with your gold card.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    It's because nobody wants to waste their money any more getting ripped off. Soon enough, there whole month will be 20% off. Maybe they'll just rename it the "We used to rip people off, and now we are paying for it--- 20% off store".

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I get 20% off EVERYDAY at GNC with my gold card. Maybe its a Canadian thing?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

I'm with Dane on this one

The one thing that is good about GNC is that you can return somthing and get your money back. I have found around here that the sales clerks don't know crap other than what they have been basically told to say from their manger. The private owned supplement shops here are WAY cheaper and they are run by people who have worked out and even competed in many instances and they diffently can give you the pro's and con's on many supplements. Of course the final judgement should be left up to you after you have tried somthing for yourself.
    IC

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'd like to take my gold card and bend one of those employees over and stick that card straight up................sorry. i dont like that place

Kullman is offline Member
    I agree, the people there are idiots, I would only go to gnc if they were giving away free stuff.

Kull

MarkyMark is offline Member
    BTW it is our job to know what to take ... do you really think a cashier will know the best to retain glcogen in the muscle ... or the best fat burner on the market ( not just what they have )

Thats why we are here ... learning from each other ( the one's that are the test rats for supps ..... and on all the products made not just those carried ...

good luck and be smart ...

primodonna is offline Female Member
    So you're saying that the cashier at Albertsons isn't required to have the knowledge to assist me in picking out the juiciest steak or the plumpest fruit?
    What happens here, stays here

asimov is offline Junior Member
    i understand you can often return used products for store credit at gnc. example: i myself witnessed a friend go in and return a tub of protien powder. in fact he used all the powder, then refilled the tub (about half way) with Quik Chocolate Milk powder. he claimed it did him no good (no weight gain). he gave false name & address for then return info, then got store credit for the original price. nice trick.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I get 20% off EVERYDAY at GNC with my gold card. Maybe its a Canadian thing?
    Me too Excess

MM...I have to respectfully disagree with you my iron bro. IMO, if a consumer is walking into a retail establishment they should have the expectation of talking to a knowledgable sales rep. I think sales people should be eduacted on what they are selling regardless whether or not they are commisioned. Primo makes a good point. While it is our obligation to educate ourselves before hand (even if it's just so we won't get ripped off) I think it is fair to expect to be given FAB's (*FAB=features, advantages, benefits)on the product in question whether it's a DVD player, an automobile or a bucket of ion exchnged whey protein, from a knowledgeable rep. For the record, I don't go to GNC.

ptbyjason Guest
    Just to let you guys know. You can purchase something online or at a discount supplement store, use it and then take it to GNC and get a credit or an exchange. I know guys that do this all the time. I don't think it is the right thing to do, but I know people get away with it.

BTW Pete ....my only reason for stating this Is I worked at a health food store a girlfriend owned about 12years back ...now she did colonic thearpy , her hubby was an electrician that worked in the store ... He knew nothing other than a general knowledge... I doubt that a minimum paid employee will have anymore than a general knowledge ... We can respectfully state ( i would think ) that we may have an advanced knowledge in BB supps and things that aid in recovery etc ... but to say that we know all supps and what there functions are would be ludicrous ...

If your looking for a particular product, i would hope they would know the general area of the products sought .... however when you listen to others you make the decision that They KNOW what they are talking about .... and in SALEs brother we know there are many BLOW HARD salemen that talk of what they know nothing ... How good is it to hear from a cashier that talks well of products in whuch they know nothing ....

YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO BE INFORMED >...... Train hard choose wisely ....

good luck

VG counter point MM. I suppose it is unrealistic to expect a clerk to know everything about all the products sold in a GNC, the same as it would be unrealistic to expect the salesperson at Radio Shack to explain the difference between every battery they carry. But I guess the general point I'm making is that it is a reasonable expectation that an employee should be able to recommend the right product based on the customers wants and needs. Now, mind you, good salespeople will thoroughly qualify the customer and be able to perfectly match what the customer wants. Of course, we all know that commisioned sales people usually tend sell what will put the most money in their pockets, and that is why we should educate ourselves before walking into any retail establishment.

Funny thought...imagine muscle_guru walking into a GNC

ptbyjason Guest
    OK, if you are going to work in a GNC or any supplement store, you have to know what you are selling. I've worked in one before (not GNC) and I could explain just about anything in the store in pretty good detail. What I didn't know, I could find out and contact the customer within minutes. That's the way a business is suppose to be run. If the employees don't know the products, they can't sell them. If MuscleGuru had come in, I'm afraid I would have had to quit my job though. There is no way anyone could get paid well enough to handle him.

Good Point Pete and PT .... I will leave it there ,

have a good weekend ... I may see you guys thru if Father-inlaw allows me to use his computer ...hehe

Happy T-Day MM.....have an extra piece of pumpkin pie for me bro.
    Pete

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Pete

Pete, Ya touched a soft spot in the ol' chefs heart. I send you the whole dam pie via overnight express! Just hit the little pm button and fill in the necessary details!
    IC

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    GNC is such a rip off that after a while I got pissed off.
    Then I had this amazing idea!?!?!?!
    I WENT AND RIPPED THEM OFF HAHA

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I always find that the clerks at GNC know all of the product claims but not the actual scientific results. I learned that when I got suckered into buying creatine serum because it "doesn't cause ANY water retention and you don't need to take maintenance doses". Bastard...

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    That's great, can we post more ways to rip off GNC, I'm on a budget over here! hehehe

Thread Information