**TOP** is offline Senior Member

Latest creatine study.

Just another study assuring creatine works!...TOP

Creatine supplementation spares muscle glycogen during high intensity intermittent exercise in rats.
    Hamilton Roschel , Bruno Gualano , Marcelo Marquezi , Andre Costa and Antonio H Lancha Jr

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2010, 7:6doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-6

Published: 29 January 2010

Abstract (provisional)

Background
    the effects of creatine (CR) supplementation on glycogen content are still debatable. Thus, due to the current lack of clarity, we investigated the effects of CR supplementation on muscle glycogen content after high intensity intermittent exercise in rats. Methods: first, the animals were submitted to a high intensity intermittent maximal swimming exercise protocol to ensure that CR-supplementation was able to delay fatigue (experiment 1). Then, the CR-mediated glycogen sparing effect was examined using a high intensity intermittent sub-maximal exercise test (fixed number of bouts; six bouts of 30-second duration interspersed by two-minute rest interval) (experiment 2). For both experiments, male Wistar rats were given either CR supplementation or placebo (Pl) for 5 days. Results: as expected, CR-supplemented animals were able to exercise for a significant higher number of bouts than Pl. Experiment 2 revealed a higher gastrocnemius glycogen content for the CR vs. the Pl group (33.59%). Additionally, CR animals presented lower blood lactate concentrations throughout the intermittent exercise bouts compared to Pl. No difference was found between groups in soleus glycogen content. Conclusion: The major finding of this study is that CR supplementation was able to spare muscle glycogen during a high intensity intermittent exercise in rats.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if there's a Ronnie Coleman type rat. These things get hooked up with all kinds of muscle enchancing substances. They should have a competition among scientists. No holds barred. Whoever produces the most muscular rat wins a prize. It would be cool to read about. Just sayin...

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I wonder if there's a Ronnie Coleman type rat. These things get hooked up with all kinds of muscle enchancing substances. They should have a competition among scientists. No holds barred. Whoever produces the most muscular rat wins a prize. It would be cool to read about. Just sayin...
    HAHAHAHA i would pay per view it!!

stpete is offline Banned
    In the 12 -15 years, i've never heard one person who has taken creatine say that it doesn't work, or even, "i'm not sure". Everyone agrees that it works.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I'm just wondering why they picked rats for experiments. I mean, a mouse is like the most lame creature. What would really be cool is like a...gorilla, all jacked up on AAS, creatine, etc...Right?

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    They pretty much stated the obvious with this study lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    In the 12 -15 years, i've never heard one person who has taken creatine say that it doesn't work, or even, "i'm not sure". Everyone agrees that it works.
    It funny when I read peoples reviews of products and they say "this shit sucks." They either arn't human or there they are expecting way too much out of this product.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Right.

Water WILL hydrate you.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    I'm just wondering why they picked rats for experiments. I mean, a mouse is like the most lame creature. What would really be cool is like a...gorilla, all jacked up on AAS, creatine, etc...Right?
    Bro I'm sure it's a safety issue. Imagine a GORILLA on STEROIDS ! Freakin awesome but deadly. That being said I'm sure if they found a way to pay per view Gorillas on steroids (not fighting because animal fighting is wrong) competing in some strongman type events they'd have a hit AND more money for research. How do we make this happen?

Come to think of it what was the awesomest dinosar? T Rex right? Why? Because he was the biggest deadliest mofo on the planet at the time.

Now put that mofo on steroids and how much more awesome is that? I'm all for insanely strong mutated super creatures lol.
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 02-04-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Drunken ramblings

NC600cbr is offline Associate Member
    So do you guys cycle creatine or just run it all the time?

I sort of cycle all my supplements (not counting protein or bcaa's during workout here) - take 3 weeks off every couple of months. (or at least what i've been doing the past 6 months.)
    I take Arginine / Creatine / Beta-Alanine / HMB.

Not trying to start a huge debate on the topic but just for reference.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC600cbr View Post
    So do you guys cycle creatine or just run it all the time?

I sort of cycle all my supplements (not counting protein or bcaa's during workout here) - take 3 weeks off every couple of months. (or at least what i've been doing the past 6 months.)
    I take Arginine / Creatine / Beta-Alanine / HMB.

Not trying to start a huge debate on the topic but just for reference.

Good question.

I cycle creatine 4 weeks on/ 4 off. Would like to hear what others do...

Pulled this from my FAQ:

Do I need to cycle creatine?
    NO! Why do people feel the need to have to cycle everything they get? Do you cycle eating some days and not eating other days? Are you going to start cycling your one a day vitamins as well? Like I stated creatines effect on the body never changes so no need to cycle its use. Now if you want the bloat to come off then I'm all game for that but doing it because you think you'll get miraculous gains from going off of it for a month then you are wasting your time.

Thread Information