Thread: Milk or water??

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Milk or water??

J/W what you guys mix your protein with, I am yet to find a whey that tastes good with water. I usually use reduced fat milk with no problems. The only time I use a shake is PWO so the extra cals and sugar aren't a problem at all. That being said I am thinking about adding a shake before bed in which case the extra cals and sugar are a no no so looking for a good tasting shake that tastes good with water....

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like ON casein the vanilla flavor with water, I also use a GNC iso protein with water. No complaints for me.

matt77 is offline Member
    I use either depending on the time and where Im at. Most decent protein can be mixed with water and taste ok you just have to add little water. Most whey isolates powders are very thin in water so only using about 4 oz./scoop makes it a lot better. Dymatize has a 12 hour (No protein can really last for 12 hrs btw) protein that tastes awesome. I have had the fudge brownie and blue berry muffin flavors. They both taste just like the batter used to make the real thing. That protein is really thick in water making it more like a milk shake and it mixes well in my blender bottle.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    x2 with ON vanilla.

I use ON whey - strawberry w/water for pwo and it tastes just fine...

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    I mix my PWO whey with water no matter what the brand. Taste is not very important.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    water during the day and milk at night. only because of the casein before bed milk has.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    the only protein i have been able to actually enjoy a little bit with water is ProLabs Milky Whey Choc Mint

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    I take a scoop per 16 ounces and mix it in a gallon of milk at a time, I like chocolate.

Drink that with a meal when it is a little light on the protein, comes out to about 39 grams per 16 ounce glass.

You can mix it better before you pour by having it in the gallon and shaking it, rather then just mixing it every time in a cup.

I have tried water before but it does not have the consistency of milk I like.

javerton is offline Associate Member
    For the vast majority of the population, besides extreme ectos you can get much better calories from other sources (yes I'm even talking about no fat milk here, too much sugar). I'd go with water myself. Though I use milk sometimes, but I'm an extreme ecto and even then I prefer not to use it much, just better sources out there..

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Get hold of some iso2 whey vanilla, expensive but tastes pretty good

DetroitCity is offline Junior Member
    water tastes better to me, in fact i can't drink protien with milk .. i use optimum nutrition chocolate

basically you get use to one or the other

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member
    I take my protein with water if I have no milk, I do not like the taste, however it prevents me from getting bloated.....I get bloated from milk..........But I really can't stand the taste of water and protein powder......Prolab....

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    reflex or, although expensive, BSN wheys arent bad at all with water

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    I always use Milk

Natrel Skim Milk
    Cholesterol Free
    Fat Free

With 90% Whey Protien Isolate. No color, No fillers, shitty taste but just pure Whey Isolate.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    I use either depending on the time and where Im at. Most decent protein can be mixed with water and taste ok you just have to add little water. Most whey isolates powders are very thin in water so only using about 4 oz./scoop makes it a lot better. Dymatize has a 12 hour (No protein can really last for 12 hrs btw) protein that tastes awesome. I have had the fudge brownie and blue berry muffin flavors. They both taste just like the batter used to make the real thing. That protein is really thick in water making it more like a milk shake and it mixes well in my blender bottle.
    What that man said with the water just use a small amount of water and you'll be grand for taste. I used use milk but found that was I was gaining weight over a litre of milk a day is too much.

I don't like the Dynamatize had it before just wasn't nice but then it was Vanilla and that aint a great one.

Whatever happend to the ON Mint choc? I have rich Choc here from ON and it's not near as nice as their older stuff.

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    I use 1% or non fat milk, better texture, taste and proteins, nutrients calories whatever you call it. I also add some plain non fat yogurt every once in a while, it add flavor and seems to speed up disgestion

DarnGoodLookin is offline Associate Member
    I use fat free milk cuz I love milk, I also use monster milk. I mix the two together and I honestly don't give a sh!t about the 12 or so grams of sugar.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    water for me to

Josh_g is offline New Member
    I mix mine with beer! Not really. Water is where it's at.

Just2Big is offline Associate Member
    I dont use it any more nut Cytogainer chocolate. I used 2 scoops instead of the recomended 4.With water. It tast like a shake you would get at a candy shop. Of course I was on a very strict diet for around 3 months when I was taking it so..... IDK. Give it a try

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just water for me, it's the easiest at the gym.

over812 is offline Junior Member
    I've grown used to mixing my whey with non-fat milk. Now I prefer it over water.

turborx7s is offline Junior Member
    ON Chocolate for me, with milk. It tastes ok with water as well. I get a lot of my protein daily from milk tho.

supermanfw is offline Associate Member
    water to mantain ....milk to gain

underworldmagic is offline Associate Member
    I use water when im cutting

Thread Information