A7X
    A7X is offline Junior Member

Casein protein causes cancer?

I know research shows just about everything causes cancer so im not to worried about this just wanted to see what you guys think... and maybe i am just not reading it right (i mean im not very smart so...). Heres a link http://www.ezhealthydiet.com/casein-protein.html i have been looking for more studies and writings ill post more if i find some. I personaly drink casein befor bed and i actuly was drinking some as i read this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I didnt buy into what they were claiming at all and there was no real evidence presented.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We all have the cancer gen in us,I drink casein every night also tea coffee is said to give us the big C theres loads of stuff that bad for us that the boffins say we shouldnt do if your numbers up its up enjoy your time here do as you feel is right for you

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Went in to your link A7X as I though casein is not the only thing helps the big C grow they are looking at other remarkable links between animal protein in general and many different diseases not just cancer alone.Cancer like any other growth feeds off the body so all the boffin is doing is feeding it and its growing.Your feeding your muscles so they grow and repair all your doing is helping your body along

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I have to take into the account the fact that it's a vegan site hosting the article...the vegan nazis are very quick to scare everyone away from animal products. The first and last lines in the article are telling...

Over that last decade or so we have heard much in the media about casein protein and autistic children. Health food stores even carry products now that state whether they are “casein free”.
    Really? I find the average person doesn't even know what casein is.

Eating a whole foods, plant based diet is the best thing you can do for your health and your future.
    Oh wow! Thanks for the tip!

Also note, that if you want to confirm what they are reporting and see for yourself what was found in this "China Study", you have to BUY a book. Go figure.

over812 is offline Junior Member
    I just read the article...consider the source! I wouldn't put any weight to it.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Casein causing cancer? Bullshit...

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    everything causes cancer, im over it all... enjoy life.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    nope, there is no link at this time
    Cambell is just an a-hole that knows how to sell books to brain washed veggies
    I find that people who don't eat meat are stupider and easier to brainwash...maybe their brains don't get enough protein.

The China Study is nothing more than an ecological study with little statistical power
    in other words, it's garbage science designed to have a specific outcome.

but if you need proof casein is unlikely to hurt you keep in mind that milk is over 85% casein. And read the following study.

Dairy food, calcium, and risk of cancer in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study.
    Park Y, Leitzmann MF, Subar AF, Hollenbeck A, Schatzkin A.

Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd., Bethesda, MD 20852, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Dairy food and calcium intakes have been hypothesized to play roles that differ among individual cancer sites, but the evidence has been limited and inconsistent. Moreover, their effect on cancer in total is unclear. METHODS: Dairy food and calcium intakes in relation to total cancer as well as cancer at individual sites were examined in the National Institutes of Health (NIH)-AARP (formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons) Diet and Health Study. Intakes of dairy food and calcium from foods and supplements were assessed with a food frequency questionnaire. Incident cancer cases were identified through linkage with state cancer registries. A Cox proportional hazard model was used to estimate relative risks and 2-sided 95% confidence intervals (CIs). RESULTS: During an average of 7 years of follow-up, we identified 36 965 and 16 605 cancer cases in men and women, respectively. Calcium intake was not related to total cancer in men but was nonlinearly associated with total cancer in women: the risk decreased up to approximately 1300 mg/d, above which no further risk reduction was observed. In both men and women, dairy food and calcium intakes were inversely associated with cancers of the digestive system (multivariate relative risk for the highest quintile of total calcium vs the lowest, 0.84; 95% CI, 0.77-0.92 in men, and 0.77; 95% CI, 0.69-0.91 in women). Decreased risk was particularly pronounced with colorectal cancer. Supplemental calcium intake was also inversely associated with colorectal cancer risk. CONCLUSION: Our study suggests that calcium intake is associated with a lower risk of total cancer and cancers of the digestive system, especially colorectal cancer.

PMID: 19237724 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

whey has been linked to lower cancer rates as well.
    but the book is designed to make you think anything that doesn't come from a plant will kill you...and the target audience approves.
    now go have a big casein shake mixed with milk and a scoop of ice cream and whipped cream on top.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    as for the gluten free casein free diet given to autistic children...basically parents with kids who have autism are desperate...their must be something to make their kid better...they must have an allergy or it was given to their kid by a vaccine, not some genetic or developmental defect.

the truth is although many people try these specialized diets, few of them work. It's sad but they do it out of desperation, not science.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/gl...ets-for-autism

"the effectiveness of a GFCF diet for autism has not been scientifically substantiated in randomized clinical trials. In fact, a review of recent and past studies concluded there is a lack of scientific evidence to say whether this diet can be helpful or not."

A7X
    A7X is offline Junior Member
    ok, now that makes some sense.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A7X View Post
    ok, now that makes some sense.
    Yeah...scientific fact does that sometimes, LOL.

Thread Information