crazypat123 is offline Associate Member

Protein shots?!!???

hey guys, i was at the dollar store by my house today, and saw these really cool looking protein shots, 2 flavors blue raspberry and arctic punch. i bought a case for 6 bucks. tried one. its like a sweet sour syrupy liquid shot. has a quick whey after taste but then tastes like candy. very easy to take. my only question is it too good to be true? they claim to be 26 grams of whey protein.

heres a link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortr....4-oz/13274526

matt77 is offline Member
    Theres several of these on the market. I've read somewhere that its hard to get the protein stable in the solution making some formulas crap. Ive tried a couple, some good, some nasty. I tried one that was flavored to taste like blue tropical or some crap. I almost puked it was so bad I had a gag reflex when I swallowed it! My stomach is pretty strong to taking nasty stuff.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    yea never really liked the shots, not very good.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    If you want a simple, cheap protein source thats easier to carry/store. LBA's are very good (Liquid Beef Amino's). 1 TBSP is 5-6g protein.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    If you want a simple, cheap protein source thats easier to carry/store. LBA's are very good (Liquid Beef Amino's). 1 TBSP is 5-6g protein.
    Ive read some great reviews about LBA, is this stuff as good as they say Swifto??

freakinhuge is offline Senior Member
    also heard good thing about lba's, will have to give them a try soon. are there certain companies to get them, or does everyone have them now?

Walnutz is offline Member
    I like the shooters by dymatize....45g of protein http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/el...al-splash.html and they taste good too

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Ive read some great reviews about LBA, is this stuff as good as they say Swifto??
    I've been using them in the AM, pre-WO, PWO and before bed and they have leaned me out and I havent dropped any strength/muscle. I'm not quite sure how, but its fairly common to drop bodyfat on them.

If your in the USA you can get the ones by Trueprotein.com. They are slightly better than the AAFX one's I use and you get 62oz for 15$ from TP, where as I get 34oz for the same price. The shipping/tax to the UK doesnt make it cost effective for me.

You get 62oz of LBA's from TP at 6g TBSP of protein. I'm not sure how many servings that is, around 60 I think. Thats a lot of protein for $15.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    I've been using them in the AM, pre-WO, PWO and before bed and they have leaned me out and I havent dropped any strength/muscle. I'm not quite sure how, but its fairly common to drop bodyfat on them.

If your in the USA you can get the ones by Trueprotein.com. They are slightly better than the AAFX one's I use and you get 62oz for 15$ from TP, where as I get 34oz for the same price. The shipping/tax to the UK doesnt make it cost effective for me.

You get 62oz of LBA's from TP at 6g TBSP of protein. I'm not sure how many servings that is, around 60 I think. Thats a lot of protein for $15.
    Ive just bought some, £12 for a 470ml bottle, however you can only have 3 table spoons a day....

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Ive just bought some, £12 for a 470ml bottle, however you can only have 3 table spoons a day....
    Are you in the UK mate? If you are I have a cheap place to get 3 bottles, for £11 each + delivery. Let me know...

http://www.bodybuilding-supplements....ino-elite.html

supersetman is offline Associate Member
    I have tried those dymatize shooters from allsportsnutrition, very good supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by supersetman View Post
    I have tried those dymatize shooters from allsportsnutrition, very good supplement.
    Thats 45g x6 = 270g for $15 which isnt as good as LBA's by TP. They yield around 372g for $15.
    Last edited by Swifto; 05-07-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Thread Information