r3covery is offline New Member

new here supplement question!

I just started up working out again and I'm looking for a good supplement combo before and after work out. Right now I'm just taking around 56 grams of whey protein before and after a workout. I'm not really back with where I wanna be with strength. I thought about taking a creatine but I don't want to retain water weight like I did in the past. I have never tried an NO and was looking into that because of the energy I would get during a workout. I weigh 158 pounds right now at 5'9 and want to pack on some muscle.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Hmm. Eat a meal an hour before you workout. Choose the right boost you want. A lot of those pre formulas have a creatine in it. Popular sups. Jact3d, superpump 250, black powder, nano vapor. A few more. Go Protien and wheat or oats post workout then eat again one hour after that. Just my .02. Everyones diffrent

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    Hmm. Eat a meal an hour before you workout. Choose the right boost you want. A lot of those pre formulas have a creatine in it. Popular sups. Jact3d, superpump 250, black powder, nano vapor. A few more. Go Protien and wheat or oats post workout then eat again one hour after that. Just my .02. Everyones diffrent

Thanks a lot I was looking into jact3d seems pretty legit having the creatine plus NO combo. I do the same eating combo as you but I was thinking of going high carb intake before the gym. What do you do personally for cardio? Before or After and how long so muscle is not burned? I need to build up some energy since I stopped working out.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Higher carb intake will make you fat. that jack3d is BAD ASS. Try sum bcaa too pre for energy. If you eat complex carbs all the time you should have plenty of fuel. I don't do cardio religously becuze of my work schedual. But when I do I do AM on empty to burn fat. About 45-1h med intesity 3-4days week. now that its summer time I like to walk/jog and smell the nature. Jam on sum medal. 15-20 pre workout I'm old it helps me warm up. I workout eod or 3-4wk. Sum people do 30-60min post workout. If I do post its only 30. I need cals to grow. I like jack3d it is strong and like phama quality. I don't take a prewo cuz I workout at night now then I be jacked up on NO, then I'd have to get up and pee all night. Sleep is more important to me.

ok awesome thanks a lot for the advice I think today I'm gonna do 20 to 30 minutes of cardio after my workout, for some reason I just can't do cardio before a workout I feel drained so quick. I'm gonna get jack3d sometime this week know of any good sites to get supplements cheap. I used discount supplements before might just use that again.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    If you take a kre alkalyn creatine you will not get bloated.

Pre workout I take

Kre alk creatine
    Beta alanine
    Arginine
    BCAA
    Glutamine

When I get to about 20 minutes left I take the same stuff over again, execept the arginine which I take most of before the workout.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    If you take a kre alkalyn creatine you will not get bloated.

Pre workout I take

Kre alk creatine
    Beta alanine
    Arginine
    BCAA
    Glutamine

When I get to about 20 minutes left I take the same stuff over again, execept the arginine which I take most of before the workout.
    ok awesome I'll also look into this. I've been wanting to take jack3d for a while everyone I know and things I've read always say good things. I also have some questions about my workout should I post them here or on the workout thread?

6ft5 is offline Member
    I think discount supplement is a sponsor to this site?? Post workout in workout section for a better answer. No prob dude! Have a great workout!

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r3covery View Post
    ok awesome I'll also look into this. I've been wanting to take jack3d for a while everyone I know and things I've read always say good things. I also have some questions about my workout should I post them here or on the workout thread?
    LOL, I just checked the jack3d label and guess what is in it?

Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Arginine
    Caffeine

I laugh because all of these "new" supplements with a catchy name and marketing are just a variety of standard stuff you can get way cheaper, and at the proper doses by taking it individually.

But hey if the catchy name and bottle makes you feel better go for it, but jsut realize you are getting the same exact things as standard supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    I think discount supplement is a sponsor to this site?? Post workout in workout section for a better answer. No prob dude! Have a great workout!
    Thanks man I just did a pretty good chest workout with some cardio had to leave the gym early. I'm gonna post my workout thread here so you can check it out. thanks again dude.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    LOL, I just checked the jack3d label and guess what is in it?

Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Arginine
    Caffeine

I laugh because all of these "new" supplements with a catchy name and marketing are just a variety of standard stuff you can get way cheaper, and at the proper doses by taking it individually.

But hey if the catchy name and bottle makes you feel better go for it, but jsut realize you are getting the same exact things as standard supplements.
    The only reason I want to really try jack3d is because I heard its better then NO explode plus the price is around $23-$25 so its not that bad, but I understand what your saying I just buy regular whey protein no special label or name.

6ft5 is offline Member
    I don't know what it is about it. It sooo super duper fine powder like it came outa a pharmacy. The scoops are real small. I took 2 about 3 o'clock one day had a great workout pumped hard core. I was tweekn the rest of the day had to take xanex to chill out so I could sleep. I'm probobly a little sensitive I guess. If its early in the day I buy a NOS extream at my gym those shits blow me up. Man I'm all over this board I aint got shit to do. I work outa town and this keeps me sain. My partner don't work out or know shit about anything that has to do with fitness. He's chubby and still eats like crap. ?? people might not like if you post a workout here. Plus there are A LOT of really smart people here that can help. I will do my best. just send a freind request and ill accept then you can send me a mssg.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Jack3d is IMO the best pre-workout NO/creatine supplement available. The price is right, and the product works. You don't have to drink massive amounts of it to get the effects either. I've tried nearly all of the pre WO supplements in that category, and I have to say Jack3d is it for me and many others on this forum.

I stopped using it during my cycle, but I will surely get back on once my cycle is over.

I wouldn't bother with they whey before your workout. Save it for after. You can also pick up some casein to use right before you go to bed, and for your off days.

Look into some BCAAs as well, they help keep your energy up during a workout.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Jack3d ftw. Love it.

here check out my workout let me know what you guys think!

Workout Plan I NEED FEEDBACK!

Thread Information