boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Grapefruit extract supplements effect on estrogen

Iv'e bought a few tubs of now foods grapefruit extract after reading the many health benefits it has. Iv'e been taking it know for 2 days but after doing a little research something caught my eye, and that is that it has a effect on your liver's ability to breakdown estrogen, so increase estrogen.

Back around 6 months ago my estrogen levels were high with no known cause but after around 3 months thay returned backto normal. Although my levels are now normal do you think it would be best not to take the grapefruit or does anyone have anymore info on the estrogen side of things with this supplement. Thanks for any help.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    None known.

Grape Seed Extract will reduce aromotase. But I know nothing on Grape Fruit.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    "Grape Seeds have shown in many studies to provide benefits in regards to blood pressure, cholesterol levels and lipid values by limiting lipid oxidation."

That's all I got.

Coincidentally I just placed an order for some for the first time and will be taking them with my Mdrol cycle as recommended by a few people.

Thanks for the quick replies. It says on the tub grape seed extract not grape fruit extract. I got it wrong, not sure if there is any difference though.

So the grape seed extract has shown to reduce aromotase. So if that is the case then it would benefit me?

Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. It says on the tub grape seed extract not grape fruit extract. I got it wrong, not sure if there is any difference though.

So the grape seed extract has shown to reduce aromotase. So if that is the case then it would benefit me?
    Yes.

GSE will lower aromotase, therefore estrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Yes.

GSE will lower aromotase, therefore estrogen.

So then as it would be a more natural approach to lower estrogen would it have any effect on the sex drive.

So then as it would be a more natural approach to lower estrogen would it have any effect on the sex drive.
    More natural, yes.

It depends. If your off cycle and you lower E, it changes the androgen:estrogen ratio in favour of androgen (testosterone ), therfore more testosterone will be secreted by the body. Which should increase labido.

Although lowering E too much will lower labido. But I doubt GSE is that strong.

Iv'e have not taken aas before so im guessing it would increase my sex drive if it were to have any effect on it.

Iv'e have not taken aas before so im guessing it would increase my sex drive if it were to have any effect on it.
    Possibly, yes. But there are better supplements for that purpose.

If you wish to reduce aromotase naturally, GSE is excellent. So is Resveratrol.

BigIce is offline Associate Member
    I know I am posting in an old thread here.

Its just that this one really got my attention, Ai´s are hard to come by around here but I can get GSE, so even tho there are better compounds out there I can see myself using this during my next cycle (prop/dbol )

But how much of this stuff should one take, how often and so on.

I already got a supplement called Citrosept that contains 120 mg of GSE per pill.

Should I get the drops instead to be able to use them every time I take dbol or just stick to drinking the juice then ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigIce View Post
    I know I am posting in an old thread here.

Its just that this one really got my attention, Ai´s are hard to come by around here but I can get GSE, so even tho there are better compounds out there I can see myself using this during my next cycle (prop/dbol )

But how much of this stuff should one take, how often and so on.

I already got a supplement called Citrosept that contains 120 mg of GSE per pill.

Should I get the drops instead to be able to use them every time I take dbol or just stick to drinking the juice then ?
    The bottle I have recommends 1 cap @200mg a day.

I took 2 caps a day just for the hell of it to be safe.

And do you think it had the desired affects ?

Did it have any ill affects on you ?

I already have this stuff around so I guess it won´t hurt to add it.

I would love to see some numbers on this, I guess I can not expect to find any half live figures on a fruit supplement lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigIce View Post
    And do you think it had the desired affects ?

Did it have any ill affects on you ?

I already have this stuff around so I guess it won´t hurt to add it.

I would love to see some numbers on this, I guess I can not expect to find any half live figures on a fruit supplement lol
    I never had any tests done to see but from everything I have read it definitely works..

NOW Grape Seed Antioxidant – Grape Seeds have shown in many studies to provide benefits in regards to blood pressure, cholesterol levels and lipid values by limiting lipid oxidation. For Superdrol cycle, 3 capsules per day is recommended, use throughout the duration of the “on” period, can use in PCT as well. Under $10.
    Now that I think about it I took 3 a day because that was recommended on Mdrol. Just checked the bottle and I have about 12 left out of a 100 so that is right.

Great, thank you.

That means that I can take one with each of my 3-4 dbol tabs a day plus some juice.

Thread Information