pumpingiron8079 is offline Junior Member

Ephedrine illegal in Newyork?

The Vitamin shop in NY told me Ephedrine was illegal, is it illegal just in New York? I thought i read they where legal again?

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    from Wikipedia....

Ephedrine distribution is controlled by the government, and pharmacists may refuse to sell it to customers without a prescription.

In 1997, the FDA proposed a regulation on ephedra (the herb from which ephedrine is obtained), which limited an ephedra dose to 8 mg (of active ephedrine) with no more than 24 mg per day.[16] This proposed rule was withdrawn in part in 2000 because of "concerns regarding the agency's basis for proposing a certain dietary ingredient level and a duration of use limit for these products."[17] In 2004, the FDA created a ban on ephedrine alkaloids that are marketed for reasons other than asthma, colds, allergies, other disease, or traditional Asian use.[18] On April 14, 2005, the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah ruled that the FDA did not have proper evidence that low dosages of ephedrine alkaloids are actually unsafe,[2] but on August 17, 2006, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Denver upheld the FDA's final rule declaring all dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids adulterated, and therefore illegal for marketing in the United States.[3] Ephedrine is, however, still legal in many applications outside of dietary supplements. However, purchasing is currently limited and monitored, with specifics varying from state to state.

pumpingiron8079 is offline Junior Member
    thanks the response. I think i can still get it online.

Thread Information