alphonsocino is offline New Member

What is everyones recommendations on aminos?

brands or kinds to take and how much for someone trying to build as much strength but stay lean or even burn more fat at the same time. any suggestions on what aminos to dose up on?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    BCAA's, glutamine, arginine, carnitine etc....... Just make sure it's a reliable company like Bricker Labs........
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 06-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Get as many as you can on a daily basis. No difference in brands, all the same stuff.

Amino Acids and BodyBuilding.. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW !!
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 06-18-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    No difference in brands, all the same stuff.
    I disagree

alphonsocino is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I disagree
    yeah thats what i was thinking. if you have recommendations you can even PM them to me.

I disagree

Please explain how one l-glutamine is different than another for example. I am talking basic stuff not micronized or anything they are different.

Big
    Please explain how one l-glutamine is different than another for example. I am talking basic stuff not micronized or anything they are different.
    the same way some vitamins are better than others, etc. some fly-by-night company on ebay can be selling complete crap marketed as l-glutamine, and it definitely would not be the same quality as Bricker.
    whether you're talking about amino's or motor oil, telling someone "No difference in brands, all the same stuff." is often far from accurate.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    I like and use Scivation Xtend BCAA's. Drink them while working out. They help me recover faster. It is a little more expensive, but they make quality stuff and have a great rep. Like Big said...def difference in quality out there. Just remember--- You get what you pay for. After 38 years on this earth....I have found that saying to hold true 99% of the time.

the same way some vitamins are better than others, etc. some fly-by-night company on ebay can be selling complete crap marketed as l-glutamine, and it definitely would not be the same quality as Bricker.
    whether you're talking about amino's or motor oil, telling someone "No difference in brands, all the same stuff." is often far from accurate.
    I guess you have never bought the generic brand of anything in your life, because it is so much different than the "name brand" product.

I get mine from reputable online places(not ebay), and while they are not exactly the same when you buy the more expensive stuff you are usually paying for marketing and a fancy label and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog99 View Post
    I like and use Scivation Xtend BCAA's. Drink them while working out. They help me recover faster. It is a little more expensive, but they make quality stuff and have a great rep. Like Big said...def difference in quality out there. Just remember--- You get what you pay for. After 38 years on this earth....I have found that saying to hold true 99% of the time.
    When it comes to supplements and the billions they make off marketing basic products to people on a daily basis nothing could be further from the truth.

It may be true in other things but with how big the supplement industry has become you can't make a blanket statement like that.

Big
    I guess you have never bought the generic brand of anything in your life, because it is so much different than the "name brand" product.

I get mine from reputable online places(not ebay), and while they are not exactly the same when you buy the more expensive stuff you are usually paying for marketing and a fancy label and nothing more.
    I guess you don't have a clue what I've bought, and your statement that all brands are the same is still incorrect. instead of turning this thread into a pissing contest you can't win, put up a poll if you're so inclined and see who all agrees with you.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    When it comes to supplements and the billions they make off marketing basic products to people on a daily basis nothing could be further from the truth.

It may be true in other things but with how big the supplement industry has become you can't make a blanket statement like that.

Well, since you seem to know everything.....you can stick to your K-Mart Brand. Hope it works out for ya, but I'll pay the extra 5-10 bucks and get the stuff I believe (know) works better. One thing to keep in mind is the supplement industry is largely unregulated. If a company wants to put out crap...they can and will....and people such as yourself will buy them to save a couple bucks. With all the time and effort we all put into this....is it really worth risking?

Thread Information