Thread: Pink Magic

trix8 is offline Associate Member

Pink Magic

Anyone try this new stufff gncs beens sendin me tons of emails about it and when i walk in to one they say the stuffs magic, i know its prolly just some more bullshit but if the push it soo hard its gotta do somthing

the gnc clerk was telling me it contains some rare herb from india that can be harvested only once a year and is really hard to grow.

anyone test it?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    never heard of it, but then I haven't stepped into a GNC in many years

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I was waiting for someone to start a thread on this. Its a natural test booster thats been getting tons of hype. I will wait for a few people to try it and see what the results are.

palevein is offline Junior Member
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125890543

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    It contains 3 ingredients in an 800 mg capsule.

Previously someone identified that there is 500mg of Massularia Acuminate in it, giving us:

Massularia Acuminate - 500mg
    Nelumbo Nucifera - ???mg
    Rhamnus Nakaharai - ???mg

--Massularia Acuminate--

-It is a shrub/tree in Africa that can be found growing wild in forests in Gabon, Cameroon, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, as well as more sparsely in other West African countries.

(Source #1)

-"A shrub or small tree, 2-30 ft. high; corolla-tube greenish-white at base, shading into pink above, lobes pink or reddish-purple, often with white margins; in forest."
    (Perhaps part of the 'Pink Magic' inspiration)
    (Source #2)

-It is so prevalent in parts of Cameroon that it is referenced in one cultural study as being used to build fences with. So this cant possibly be the reason pink magic is so expensive, right?!?

-There has been several studies on Massularia Acuminata as it regards to oral hygeine, as they are used as chewing sticks in Africa.

-There has been one study on rats examining the androgenic potential of the plant. a pdf search of google turns up a full text (albeit proofed) version of the study for those that do not want to purchase it but want to read it (All of the raw data in the proof is identical to the final published study)
    Here

In that study, varying doses ranging from 250 mg/kg to 1000 mg/kg were applied.

When scaled to humans those doses work out to:

Rat - Human
    1000 mg/kg - 244 mg/kg (49% test increase) (at my weight: 18.3g)
    500 mg/kg - 122 mg/kg (13% test increase) (at my weight: 9.1g)
    250 mg/kg - 61 mg/kg (11% test increase) (at my weight: 4.6g)

It should probably be noted that these increases were in testicular testosterone , not plasma testosterone, and those two values do not exactly correlate (that could mean more effect or less effect)

Based on the earlier released information that one capsule contains 500mg of the plant, even on days where 4 servings are consumed, someone at my weight which is significantly lower than the bodybuilding average would fall under the minimum dose used in the rat study.
    ---

I also found a study showing that MA had strong antioxidant properties that I'm surprised you don't hype anywhere.

ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITIES OF SOME NIGERIAN MEDICINAL PLANTS

---

--Nelumbo Nucifera--

Nelumbo Nucifera is 'The Pink Lotus' (hey, pink again!)

The claimed PDE inhibitor in Nelumbo Nucifera is a chemical called 'neferine', which is found in the green seeds at very low concentrations (1-5%)

You can find the study on it Here.

It raised cAMP in a dose-dependant manner, while not affecting cGMP at all, indicating that it does not have an affect on NOS or GTP.

The study cited by the Pink magic write-up cites this study as claiming that: 'Chen et al. showed that neferin in N. nucifera inhibits PDE1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 10 [84]'

I am pretty sure this is NOT true, and I have an email sent out to the Ji-Hong Liu and Jun Chen asking about that.

In Chen's study, the [b]discussion[b] states the following:

The study specifically mentions that cGMP is NOT affected, meaning it CANT be inhibiting "PDE1A, PDE1B, PDE1C, PDE2A and PDE10A" or "PDE5A and PDE9A"
    as inhibiting those would have raised cGMP. In this sectiont they are discussing which PDEs do what, not stating that neferine specifically inhibited any in particular.

Of particular note is the fact that since it didn't affect cGMP and thus not PDE5, and that kind of invalidates the numerous PDE5 inhibitor studies you quote in your claims, and reference i a LOT of your 'more MOA's section of the write-up

--Rhamnus Nakaharai--

Moving on to the third ingredient in Pink Magic, the PDE Inhibitor here is: '3-O-methylquercetin 5,7,3',4'-O-tetraacetate'. It was studied in this study:

Potent suppressive effects of 3-O-methylquercetin 5,7,3',4'-O-tetraacetate on ovalbumin-induced airway hyperresponsiveness.

Showing that it inhibits PDE3&4.

And this study:

-rolipram binding in guinea pig tissues]This Study

It should be noted that it is suggested that you do NOT take a PDE3 inhibitor for any extended period of time and its pharmacological uses are limited, due to the fact that PDE3A controls heart contractillity.

In fact, reaserch on PDE3 inhibitors for treating heart conditions has pretty much ceased because the stuff they tried led to increased mortality rates

PDE3A inhibition during development also reduces fertility. (obvious warning sign if your endocrine system is still developing)

PDE4 also has effects on heart contractillity, and inhibitors of PDE4 are also avoided for their cardiac side effects, with the exception of some acute dosing medicines for cardiac faulure and asthsma.

--

In summary:

-I already didn't plan on buying pink magic unless i had a window of time in which to cycle it and get bloods done, but now I will never buy it.
    -Nobody who's endocrine system isn't fully developed should.
    -If you do buy pink magic you might want to pay attention for ANY signs of heart problems, since pharmaceuticals are running away from PDE3/4 inhibitors like the plague
    -You're not going to get a suitable boost of test from the MA without increasing your dose, which would then increase your intake of the PDE inhibitors.

desizon is offline Associate Member
    Natty test booster using herbs and stems. supposed to make your muscles 3d

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just more snake oil.
    Let me just take a quick guess...
    real expensive, right?

I bet it don't work for sh1t.
    Just a guess.

I stay the hell away from GNC
    Don't need some buffed young kid trying to sell me anything, or offer advice for that matter. I do it all online.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Don't take advice from anyone that works at a GNC, or any supplement store for that matter.

covert025 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    just more snake oil.
    Let me just take a quick guess...
    real expensive, right?

I bet it don't work for sh1t.
    Just a guess.

I stay the hell away from GNC
    Don't need some buffed young kid trying to sell me anything, or offer advice for that matter. I do it all online.
    I am trying to figure out if you are more upset with GNC or with overpriced natural supplements.

Supplements can be expensive because they are natural exracts which takes a lot of time and work to make and have low side effects.

If your beef is with GNC buy online, if your beef is with supplements buy m-drol for $25 and get huge

Quote Originally Posted by covert025 View Post
    I am trying to figure out if you are more upset with GNC or with overpriced natural supplements.

Supplements can be expensive because they are natural exracts which takes a lot of time and work to make and have low side effects.

If your beef is with GNC buy online, if your beef is with supplements buy m-drol for $25 and get huge

I guess I was "venting" a little. Nothing against GNC. Wouldn't personally go there, but that's just me. They are extremely expensive, and the advice you get there quite often isn't very good, or grounded in science.
    I take more supplements than anybody I know, except for maybe in here. Nothing against supplements, and in fact, i'm fer 'em.

and personally, I've never tried mdrol. Just did some reading on it, and I think I'll pass.

BigIce is offline Associate Member
    But has anyone actually tried this stuff.

If this works so much better then lets say trib to increase ones libido it should at least get some coverage. (been reading online reviews)

For many trib is a standard addition to there PCT

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    If you dont wanna try M-Drol, H-drol IS MUCH MILDER, doesnt shut you down that bad, and has little to no sides. Most people report 10-20 lb gains and same/lower BF

Edit: These reports are usally from people who have never used PH's or AAS, Hdrol is a great way to dip your toe into the dark side

DieselDoc is offline New Member
    I just started on pink magic today i havent taken anything period so im just getting back into the gym after a shoulder injury /broken collar bone ima go thru a cycle just to see if its bullshit ill post back in a month and give u the real scoop

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDoc View Post
    I just started on pink magic today i havent taken anything period so im just getting back into the gym after a shoulder injury /broken collar bone ima go thru a cycle just to see if its bullshit ill post back in a month and give u the real scoop
    You probably should wait a little bit on that. Rehabbing from an injury isn't the best time to start taking supplements that are supposed to make you "stronger". You could injure yourself, pulling or tearing a tendon/ligament.

Thread Information