bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member

Anyone tried or have any thoughts on short burst PH cycling?

I know I have read about it with AAS, the 2 week on 2 week off schedule to try to not have yourself get shut down.

Anyone ever done that with PH's?? Would the same principals apply compare to AAS?

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    I know I have read about it with AAS, the 2 week on 2 week off schedule to try to not have yourself get shut down.

Anyone ever done that with PH's?? Would the same principals apply compare to AAS?
    never tried it but heres my opinion on short designer roid bursts:

a few things i have learned from my experience with them are (SD and M1T):
    1) i do not get the 'full effect' of the drug until the middle of the 2nd week/beginning of 3rd week (short half life of 6-8 hrs, takes time for the drug to stabilize in your blood levels)...double edged sword for me is HPTA suppression begins EARLY in the cycle for me...by the end of week one I notice signs of HPTA suppression (ie shrinking nut syndrome)
    2) oral designers roids are hepatoxic, skew lipid levels raise BP etc therefore they wouldnt be ideal to run continually in a 2 week on, 2 week off sched for an extended amount of time

those are my thoughts based on my experiences...IMHO 2 weeks bursts are not ideal w/ otc designer roids...others chime in please!

Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty View Post

1) i do not get the 'full effect' of the drug until the middle of the 2nd week/beginning of 3rd week (short half life of 6-8 hrs, takes time for the drug to stabilize in your blood levels)...double edged sword for me is HPTA suppression begins EARLY in the cycle for me...by the end of week one I notice signs of HPTA suppression (ie shrinking nut syndrome)
    2) oral designers roids are hepatoxic, skew lipid levels raise BP etc therefore they wouldnt be ideal to run continually in a 2 week on, 2 week off sched for an extended amount of time

those are my thoughts based on my experiences...IMHO 2 weeks bursts are not ideal w/ otc designer roids...others chime in please!
    Don't know much about M1T but I have done SD/ Hdrol and tren before.

I went back last night and looked at my logs, and I noticed that on the Hdrol/tren combo I gained more than 1/2 of my gains from a 6 week cycle in the first 2 weeks. (and that particular cycle was just Hdrol in the beginning, did not add the tren in until weeks 4-6)

Same thing with the Mdrol/tren combo I did last time, most of the gains in the first 2 weeks and then it tapered off a lot the last 2. (that was with tren and SD right out of the gates)

Now the common denominator in both was the tren being in the mix. Tren is notoriously fast acting, and I think that could be the difference between how your results came a little later on the SD and M1T alone.

I was going to try this with Spawn which is another tren based compound so I think it would work.

I was also doing some reading last night and noticed that as lot of the AAS users do 4 weeks on/ 4-6 off but they take way higher dosages when they do that. I would not do that with a PH, I would just keep the dose the same and go 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

But from everything I have read it seems like there are a LOT of benefits to doing it this way, instead of going full on and then full PCT off like most do. The articles mentioned the "yo-yo effect" and that is exactly something I would like to avoid. Also talked about how the longer you go the more sides and other things creep in, and how your liver can deal with short time periods of stress and recover very quickly if you keep it short.

Seems like a perfect way to do a routine over a 2 month period rather than 1 month on and 1 month off. There were a couple of reaally long threads I read from Marcus and another guy and the concepts and how they explained it were fantastic.

Almost positive I am going this way starting real soon, probably in the next 3 or 4 days. I have clomid but have to order some more Nolva to have ready though after 2 weeks.

But again if anyone has any insight chime in please!

...aydn... is offline Associate Member
    not a good idea. you need a constant saturated blood level. almost like a constant homeostatis this usually happens after around week 3 with most DS/PH's.

Quote Originally Posted by ...aydn... View Post
    not a good idea. you need a constant saturated blood level. almost like a constant homeostatis this usually happens after around week 3 with most DS/PH's.
    The key is with most PH's, and I would agree.

I think a tren based compound is an exception because it is by far the fastest acting.

Just found a great write up on this topic......

http://www.predatornutrition.com/sho...ong_cycles.cfm

However, one of the distinguishing features of an AAS cycle is the use of slow releasing injectable products such as Testosterone Enanthate which take a few weeks to be fully absorbed, making the use of long cycles a sensible option for those employing these drugs.

By contrast, prohormones are all oral compounds rapidly absorbed by the body and with most, they will be in and out of the body in a single day. For the user of prohormones this means that they will experience gains from day 1, at least as measured by increased blood levels of androgens. Although it may take time for muscle gains to be visible in the mirror, it is not unheard of for prohormone users to gain upto 7-10 pounds in the first two weeks of their cycle.

This leads to the situation that over a short period of time the use of prohormones could lead to greater muscle gains than can be achieved by long acting anabolic steroids would provide in the same period of time.
    So by now we have established that prohormone use, by virtue of the fact that they are oral in nature can usually lead to muscle growth quite rapidly.
    So the next question is how do we decide how long we need to stay on.

2 weeks on 2 weeks off 2 weeks on 4 weeks off

The 2 on-2 off approach was popularised by reknowned US writer Bill Roberts. By keeping cycle length to just two weeks, followed by two weeks of PCT, the chance of side effects is reduced significantly. Although gains will not be as high as the approach below, this approach has the advantage of allowing you to commence a cycle again after just two weeks off. At that that point you could go on for two further weeks followed by a full four weeks off (where you would use PCT products again). At that point many users will start over again.

The major advantage of this approach is it will produce steady gains over time, and because time off is reduced on this type of cycle, losses post cycle will be reduced or even elimintated making it very attractive psychologically as nobody wants to run a cycle and get great gains, only to lose most of it during a long recovery period. By keeping time spent using prohormones to a minimum at any one time the chance of side effects is reduced massively. At the same time gains will not come all at once with the inevitable issue of suspicion being aroused in your associates. For individuals who are worried they will be stigmatised by their associates for being a steroid users due to seemingly overnight gains in muscle mass, this cycle approach is better as the gains are less sudden, coming more gradually over time.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 08-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Don't know much about M1T but I have done SD/ Hdrol and tren before.

I went back last night and looked at my logs, and I noticed that on the Hdrol/tren combo I gained more than 1/2 of my gains from a 6 week cycle in the first 2 weeks. (and that particular cycle was just Hdrol in the beginning, did not add the tren in until weeks 4-6)

Same thing with the Mdrol/tren combo I did last time, most of the gains in the first 2 weeks and then it tapered off a lot the last 2. (that was with tren and SD right out of the gates)

Now the common denominator in both was the tren being in the mix. Tren is notoriously fast acting, and I think that could be the difference between how your results came a little later on the SD and M1T alone.

I was going to try this with Spawn which is another tren based compound so I think it would work.

I was also doing some reading last night and noticed that as lot of the AAS users do 4 weeks on/ 4-6 off but they take way higher dosages when they do that. I would not do that with a PH, I would just keep the dose the same and go 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

But from everything I have read it seems like there are a LOT of benefits to doing it this way, instead of going full on and then full PCT off like most do. The articles mentioned the "yo-yo effect" and that is exactly something I would like to avoid. Also talked about how the longer you go the more sides and other things creep in, and how your liver can deal with short time periods of stress and recover very quickly if you keep it short.

Seems like a perfect way to do a routine over a 2 month period rather than 1 month on and 1 month off. There were a couple of reaally long threads I read from Marcus and another guy and the concepts and how they explained it were fantastic.

Almost positive I am going this way starting real soon, probably in the next 3 or 4 days. I have clomid but have to order some more Nolva to have ready though after 2 weeks.

But again if anyone has any insight chime in please!

hmmm...seems interesting...def keep a log when you start this

i think the idea of taking higher doses while trying this method of cycling could work out as long as proper precautions are taken w/ support supps

for me the major side effects i had from SD were lethargy, a raise in BP, and shrunken nuts

Ester C took care of lethargy, hawthorne berry alievated BP, and shrunken nuts were fixed during PCT (also ran AI Cycle Support before, during and post cycle)

I dosed at 40mg/day during the last week of my last SD cycle and the sides were not unbearable...given a proper diet, training protocol, an overabundance of support supps, proper PCT, higher doses for the short burst might work out for an experienced designer roid user

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Not going to get the full effect number 1

number 2 your just delaying the eneviatable

Ive spoken to many that have tried it and all reccomend just going for 4 week cycles

Been reading Bill Roberts, apparently he is an expert on PH.

T: Could you briefly explain your "two on, four off" theory for some readers who are not familiar with it, and why it might be beneficial for the long-term steroid user?

BR: The advantage is that there's actually a two-stage process of inhibition. You have the hypothalamus and the pituitary. Between the two of them, the hypothalamus produces a hormone called LHRH, and that tells the pituitary to produce LH. LH tells the testicles to produce testosterone. Now, after two weeks, the pituitary actually isn't inhibited yet. In fact, it's sensitized. So it will put out more LH from LHRH during the first two weeks. If you stop at two weeks, the recovery is very, very fast. All you have to do is stop and when the hypothalamus produces LHRH, you're back in business, especially if you use Clomid. You'll get a very fast recovery. You'll be back to normal in less than a week. But, if you go beyond that two-week point, the pituitary also goes into a state of suppression. And from that point, it can take many weeks to get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    Not going to get the full effect number 1

number 2 your just delaying the eneviatable

Ive spoken to many that have tried it and all reccomend just going for 4 week cycles
    ive always felt the same way for those exact same reasons and have only used designers the 'typical' way

given an experienced user, proper diet support supps pct i would be interested in how a short burst cycle would fair with a higher dosing scheme

...aydn... is offline Associate Member
    look man think of it this way. if your not getting bad sides then its likely your not getting good sides.

just take the bad with the good... gyno surgery is expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by ...aydn... View Post
    look man think of it this way. if your not getting bad sides then its likely your not getting good sides.
    That is ridiculous. So you are saying if you don't get any sides then you are not going to build muscle..or "good sides" as you put it?

just take the bad with the good... gyno surgery is expensive though.
    If I can limit the odds the "bad" and still get the "good results", I don't have to worry too much about gyno or anything else for that matter.

And I have a few PH under my belt, never had too many sides and had a LOT more in the way of muscle. So maybe their can be "good" without the bad after all?

ironchain is offline New Member
    Anymore info on this 2 on 2 off ??? I'm intrested in running m-drol this way

TED66 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty View Post

^^^^^^^^^i agree with the same experience^^^^^^^^^^^^

TED66 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchain View Post
    Anymore info on this 2 on 2 off ??? I'm intrested in running m-drol this way
    2 weeks is a waste of time ,money and will shut u down run the 4 or 6 week cycle and proper pct

lucyluciano is offline New Member
    I have run several Designer/Prosteroid cycles. I prefer the pulse method rather than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. I pulse typically MWF for example or every other day. Yes, blood levels are not stable this way but there are other benefits which are ideal for some people.
    For example shutdown is reduced and your cycle is spread out over a longer time allowing your body and your training to adjust and adapt/get used to the increased size and strength. Also, pulsing is great for those that have busy schedules and can only work out certain days.
    At the moment I am running a straight H-drol cycle at 75 mgs with Superdrol pulsed in there EOD at 10 mgs.
    Good cycle. Seriously considering running a Test only cycle but being from Canada, not sure I can get the product without a script.

Thread Information