Bulkn is offline Productive Member

Casein- is it worth it?

Just bought a couple kgs of this, is it worth taking every night while on cycle, will it help me gain a extra kg or 2?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if it will help you gain an extra kg or 2, but it is a worthwhile supplement.

I don't rely on it completely as my pre-bed meal. I usually have a solid meal, but if I'm busy or just plain exhausted, I'll have casein with EFAs

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I only use casein. I don't even bother with whey any more and I have no complaints. I also double the serving size.

juicyjayjay is offline New Member
    I rather eat beef before bed!

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    I don't know if it will help you gain an extra kg or 2, but it is a worthwhile supplement.

I don't rely on it completely as my pre-bed meal. I usually have a solid meal, but if I'm busy or just plain exhausted, I'll have casein with EFAs
    works best for me as well

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    think of it like a time release protein supplement.

I think most will agree to look for a whole food source first

codeegee is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    When I'm trying to bulk, not only am I looking at 1.5-2g of protein per lb of body weight, but I'm also trying to hit 6-8 meals / snacks per day (every 2-3 hours).... When bedtime comes I always get worried about the 6-8 hour rest my body gonna be going through without fuel. I don't always have time to boil eggs or make a sandwiches before bed, so casein shakes come in handy.

If you have the cash, I wouldn't say its a necessity, but definitely convenient. Of course you can always make due with other stuff around the house, but it's so damn tasty and quick

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codeegee View Post
    When I'm trying to bulk, not only am I looking at 1.5-2g of protein per lb of body weight, but I'm also trying to hit 6-8 meals / snacks per day (every 2-3 hours).... When bedtime comes I always get worried about the 6-8 hour rest my body gonna be going through without fuel. I don't always have time to boil eggs or make a sandwiches before bed, so casein shakes come in handy.

If you have the cash, I wouldn't say its a necessity, but definitely convenient. Of course you can always make due with other stuff around the house, but it's so damn tasty and quick
    You've already purchased, so use it. Even though whole foods are preferred, it'll do in a pinch

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I use it mixed with whey PWO. The use it again alone before bed.

Casein ALONE is superior to whey ALONE PWO by the way. The total net anabolic effect is greater PWO.

bruary17 is offline Member
    I'm a fan of casein at night, before bed. Def not post workout. I hammer down a casein shake mixed with skim milk and a cup of fat free cottage cheese right before bed. I like to think it all acts as a clog in my gut slowely digesting and releasing valuable aminos in my blood stream while I dream of me and megan fox purchasing our first home.

Thread Information