Thread: joint pain?

nelly is offline Junior Member

joint pain?

What do you guys recommend for achy joints(elbows from skull crushers and knees.). Is there any supplenent that relieves it? thanks.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    yes.
    I've been taking MSM for 14+ years. 5 grams a day
    http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...7-544626ad164b
    I'm about ready to order some oral HA, also very cheap.
    http://www.vendio.com/stores/superio...oduct%20Search

nelly is offline Junior Member
    thanks dude, I am in f***ing pain over here.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate, I'm ALWAYS in pain. The good news is that my chronic back pain is just RA.... that is good since no real structural pain (discs, alignment issues), then all i've got to deal with is just simple pain. Much easier to deal with if you know you aren't grinding your vertabrea into your discs and powderizing them.

My neck pain is self induced, and the only thing that helps are these little blue morphine tablets I take very seldom when I can't hang.

But my knees..... I am slowly learning how to deal with that. I was a competitive long distance runner in my "way back when" days, and the MRI's confirm that I have done damage. Eventually, I'm thinking knee replacement. But until then, the HA shots have really helped. Also, do NOT underestimate the benefits of inexpensive MSM. There is a reason I've been taking for years. The benefits are notieable between 14 and 28 days. One day, you are sitting there, and you realize your knees haven't been bugging the sh1t out of you in awhile. forget to or stop taking MSM, and after two weeks your knees (or other joints) start aching again.

My pops was a skeptic for along while (advice coming from a dumb kid, right?). Finally, he bit the bullet and started on the 5 grams a day program. He too started noticing gradual effects (very subtle). But he STOPPED taking for awhile, and he said the pain came back quickly.

That first link for the MSM at the 10lb level is about the cheapest you will find. The reality is that is a several year supply, for pennies a day. You just can't beat that!!!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    cissus, fish oil, and glucosamine...works for me!

The_Irish_Dave is offline Junior Member
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin is the thing to take for joint pain. Any doctor will say the same. Now the thing is...Is it joint pain? You can be fooled into thinking it is you see. A lot of people think it's their joints that are paining them when in fact it's ligaments and tendons. If it is joint pain and it's been proven with a scan then fair enough. If not then you could be wasting your time and all you need is to stretch more. Just make sure.

Builder15 is offline Junior Member
    If you go the glucosamine chondroitin route, make sure you take the full dose in 1 sitting. Do not spread it out during the day, it was intended to be taken all at once for full effectiveness.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    That is very true, sport doctor got me on a serious streching program for a snapping hip joint, no damage to the hip from all the tests i passed.

Thread Information