quick89gt2002 is offline New Member

Protein intake question

im sure this has been asked over and over, so please accept that i am NEW not only here but to lifting in general. please point me in direction for this question:

how much protein intake as a general rule should one starting first cycle consume a day? may be a hard question to answer but this is a bulking cycle and am novice, nothing too hardcore as far as gear yet. is 200g a day sufficient? what type supplement would you recommend?

be gentle!!
    Last edited by quick89gt2002; 01-10-2011 at 12:41 AM.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    1-2 lbs per bw

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    ^Asssuming he meant 1-2 grams per lb of bodyweight. Without knowing your goals and other details of your diet it's nearly impossible to answer. I do think its better to figure protein needs off of your lean mass not total bodyweight as bodyfat requires no fuel.

hey thanks for the reply, i didnt think it would be something that people would be able to give a rock solid answer on. just a basic idea is all i expected. thanks to both of you! i am a probably close with my guess then! i weigh about 160, am 5'9 with some body fat, i would guess at about 12 percent.
    Last edited by quick89gt2002; 01-10-2011 at 10:47 AM.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How old are you?

If you are just getting in to working out, it is a bit early to start on gear.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    How old are you?

^^^This.. don't jump the gun on this bud, it has major reprocussions if you do not respect it.

DBolNoob is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    How old are you?

hes asking about protein, not AAS. Protein isnt illegal or goin to mess you up

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    ^Asssuming he meant 1-2 grams per lb of bodyweight. Without knowing your goals and other details of your diet it's nearly impossible to answer. I do think its better to figure protein needs off of your lean mass not total bodyweight as bodyfat requires no fuel.
    bingo, so many plan diets of total body weight then wonder how they got fat!! excess protein will be stored as fat

jla1986 is offline Junior Member
    What is your stats weight and bf. For growth 1 to 1.5 grams per lean bodymass. Try to eat more smaller meals through out the day. Each meal 30 to 60 grams depending on your body and goals you are trying to obtain.

lol.... im a very quick learner, just as far as an actual ROUTINE workout goes, i havent set my sights on fitness much in the past. i lift and basically do a cardio work out for 9-15 hours a day at work, lifting is ALL i do, constant reps. i do lift at home, but as far as a set routine, this will be the beginning of that. starting the GYM routine due to new friends that are familiar with competing. not wanting to unload a whole line of questioning on them... figured i could mostly educate myself through a great forum... so therefore, here i am! p.s. about gear... i'm 26 years old, and fully understand the risk involved, should i decide to start.... it will be a slow process, low doses, once or twice a week for a while, introducing one at a time (in order to track any negative feedback from my body) after my body gets "somewhat" used to a routine. i am family with my heath I.e. my heart condition, blood pressure, heart rate, immune system, have no known allergies, just looking to get everything in order so that things are correct and hopefully have no negative experiences!

Thread Information