Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gtgb is offline Junior Member

Best Protein Shake

What do people think the best portein powder is, are maximuscle or reflex better than any other just because they get alot more advertisment. They also cost a fortune, are there any others that are just as good for less??

Thanks

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am allergique to whey concentrate, guess its the lactose in it, recently i have switched to ISO-100 from dymatize, the price is very good and the taste awsome, no bloating, no cramping all is good. And best yet mixed with water it taste so good.

Thanks, ill have a look... Maximusle costs like 40 pounds a tub and goes in a few weeks! im sure the other products are just as good but there not advertised every you looK!

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I think best taste and quality for your price is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey.

Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    I think best taste and quality for your price is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey.
    It seems across the web alot of people rate the optimum nutrition stuff. guna give that a go i think! cheers mate

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    the cheaper stuff just doesn't mix as well and does not taste that great but you still get the same nutrition out of it.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Maximuscle are overhyped by their (excellent) marketing team and are waaaaaay overpriced. Suspect most of their customer are very young and suckers for the marketing man.

I assume you are in the UK?

Try Reflex Peptide Fusion for post workout protein. You can get 4kg bags to make it more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Maximuscle are overhyped by their (excellent) marketing team and are waaaaaay overpriced. Suspect most of their customer are very young and suckers for the marketing man.

Try Reflex Peptide Fusion for post workout protein. You can get 4kg bags to make it more cost effective.
    Yeah im in UK! i have used myprotein.co.uk in the past, their stuff tastes awful but like machine said im sure its just as good for the nutrients, thanks for the replies guys

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Is this still the better quality choice if price isnt a consideration?

I dont know if its the best overall but IsoPure seems to have the better nutrient values compared to other brands Ive compared it too. Again not really sure its the best since I havent really tried many other brands.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Bulk powders - chocolate cookies

£45 for 5KG

End of thread.....
    Last edited by baseline_9; 03-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    double post...

adamjames is offline Member
    vanilla optimum nutrition....win

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

Thats what I take.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Bulk powders - chocolate cookies

£45 for 5KG

End of thread.....
    The quality of their protein powder is garbage though. I used them and it gave me the shits.

After looking into starting my own supplement company, there is no way in hell, you can source 5kg of high quality protein and sell it for £45. Its bullshit 80% (probably less) milk protein concentrate.

I use them for my other supps, CM, beta-alanine, cissus, but no chance Whey or any other milk or protein derived supplement.

Reflex tests EVERY batch and has one the best awards for quality on A LOT of their products since about 2005. You know whats in the tub and you get exactly what you pay for.

To the OP...

A good quality protein blend (whey iso, egg white or whole and casein).

Peptide Fusion doesnt actually contain a lot of Whey Iso, but the Whey Conc. is 10x better than the bulk shit you can buy.

Whey Isolate will not cause any adverse stomach side effects if it is Whey Iso.

I recently contacted Myprotein asking about one of their protein blends as I wanted to know how much Whey Iso was in their "Total Protein" propriotory blend. They wouldnt tell me, which led me to believe not mcuh at all. In fact, the guy emailing me back told me the milk protein concentrate was so high its best to use it before bed.

Peptide Fusion contains 33% of each protein and are good quality.

You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    To the OP...

Peptide Fusion doesnt actually contain a lot of Whey Iso, but the Whey Conc. is 10x better than the bulk shit you can buy.

I recently contacted Myprotein asking about one of their protein blends as I wanted to know how much Whey Iso was in their "Total Protein" propriotory blend. They wouldnt tell me, which led me to believe not mcuh at all. In fact, the guy emailing me back told me the milk protein concentrate was so high its best to use it before bed.

Myprotein did seem very cheap, and i do always wonder if you get what you pay for. But your research suggests generally you DO get what you pay for. Im guna give the peptide fusuion a go, buy a 4KG bag. Thanks alot man
    Last edited by gtgb; 03-02-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Gucks is offline Member
    my favourite is ON gold standard, its the most popular. alternatively my other favourites are gaspari myofusion or dymatize elite whey. they are both pretty good.

THE ONES TO AVOID! my least favourite protein shakes have to be muscletech nitro-tech and maximuscle progain, they are the two biggest BS companies out there. rediculously over priced! BSN im not a fan of either but syntha-6 is reasonably priced and its a good protein.

on myprotein, i only discovered them after i stocked up on On goldstandard so havent ryed their whey yet but u can buy whey conc. OR whye iso from them instead of buying their own blend total whey. ALL of my other supps are now myprotein though and i gotta say im very happy, best price ive found, got them within 2days of ordering and all my supps r good quality. going to try they whey when my ON is gone!

Gucks is offline Member
    To the OP...

just wondering if u like myprotein or not? u didnt say, their own blends of supps r more expensive then buying their pure products anyway so i stick to the MP essentials categorie, i love all the products ive got from them. spent nearly €300 on their site now.

and have u tryed peptopro? few people have said its going to replace all other proteins because its so good...bit sceptical!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto;5549***
    Thats what I take.

The quality of their protein powder is garbage though. I used them and it gave me the shits.

After looking into starting my own supplement company, there is no way in hell, you can source 5kg of high quality protein and sell it for £45. Its bullshit 80% (probably less) milk protein concentrate.

I use them for my other supps, CM, beta-alanine, cissus, but no chance Whey or any other milk or protein derived supplement.

Reflex tests EVERY batch and has one the best awards for quality on A LOT of their products since about 2005. You know whats in the tub and you get exactly what you pay for.
    I knew u wud be in here chasing me on that comment lol

But it is what it is

Its 82% whey concentrate and it does not bother me 1 bit

Have u had it since they changed the product?

I know u think its shit but can u explain why?

HDH
    HDH is offline Junior Member
    optimum nutrition extreme milk chocolate are the most good!

Best Place to buy Reflex Peptide Fusion??

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    proteinstop.co.uk or dolphinfitness.co.uk

Always cheapest for 4kg bags.

proteinstop.co.uk or dolphinfitness.co.uk

Always cheapest for 4kg bags.
    Thanks alot mate, ive got one on the way!

f.batista is offline New Member
    just finished ON's gold standard...thought it was good,until i tried gaspari's myofusion,the best i have tasted so far....i tried UN's iso cool as well in the past...but in my opinion myofusion tasted the best..

proteinstop.co.uk or dolphinfitness.co.ukAlways cheapest for 4kg bags.
    I have used and still use dolphin.co.uk. Protein Stop is cheapest for 4kg bags.

Quote Originally Posted by HDH View Post
    optimum nutrition extreme milk chocolate are the most good!
    OP practically run the whey protein industry. Their like Microsoft when it comes to computers or Sky when it comes to broadcasting and media.
    Last edited by Swifto; 03-03-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Gucks is offline Member
    OP practically run the whey protein industry. Their like Microsoft when it comes to computers or Sky when it comes to broadcasting and media.
    did u mean ON? and ye, they are and probably always will be this biggest for whey. havent tryed their hydrowhey but to me it seems rediculously over-priced and i cant imagine it being worth the results over isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    did u mean ON? and ye, they are and probably always will be this biggest for whey. havent tryed their hydrowhey but to me it seems rediculously over-priced and i cant imagine it being worth the results over isolate.
    Yes, sorry.

Hhey Iso is still king IMHO. If your wanting a whey product. Time and time again we have seen that these pre-digested version of whey and casein are not as good as the one's whole or more intact.

I still think that you are paying for a brand name when it comes to supps

I have spoken to a muscle talk mod in person and he told me that the unbranded whey is as good as the branded stuff

I think the reason these branded wheys are winning awards is because they are sucking some serious BB.com dik, and probably cutting a deal with them on the price of there products

IDK man!

The whey from BP.co.uk has never caused me any problems and all have a certificate of analysis for the batch, which may be balls i know

I just cant see it that fairly big companies like BP.co.uk and MP.co.uk are going to be selling a fake product to the end user... This is not un-licenced chineese GH were taking about, or are these sites un-licenced???

And if these companies miss label a product how do u know that the big companies r not doing the same?

Swifto, i respect everything u say and your advise is always followed, however just because u have had a bad stomach with BP whey b4 is not going to stop me buying there whey at 1/3 of the price for the time being.

Are u aware that there concentrate products have reciently changed?

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I still think that you are paying for a brand name when it comes to supps

I have spoken to a muscle talk mod in person and he told me that the unbranded whey is as good as the branded stuff

I think the reason these branded wheys are winning awards is because they are sucking some serious BB.com dik, and probably cutting a deal with them on the price of there products

IDK man!

The whey from BP.co.uk has never caused me any problems and all have a certificate of analysis for the batch, which may be balls i know

I just cant see it that fairly big companies like BP.co.uk and MP.co.uk are going to be selling a fake product to the end user... This is not un-licenced chineese GH were taking about, or are these sites un-licenced???And if these companies miss label a product how do u know that the big companies r not doing the same?

Swifto, i respect everything u say and your advise is always followed, however just because u have had a bad stomach with BP whey b4 is not going to stop me buying there whey at 1/3 of the price for the time being.

Are u aware that there concentrate products have reciently changed?
    i dont know about BP.co.uk but MP are a well renouned company, they're based in manchester! and im pretty sure all their products are manufactured in the UK. used ALOT of their products and they r definately legit, never had a problem with them. they wuldnt be allowed to trade in UK if they werent, US is a different story but UK i trust

my favorites are Optimum Nutritions proteins taste the best to me,i use thier 100% whey,100% Casein and the Pro Complex Gainer

kosgr is offline Junior Member
    What about Aminostar's World No.1 protein?
    Average nutritional values:
    Per 25 g (1 dose) Per 100 g product
    Energy value 97 kcal / 413 kJ 389 kcal / 1652 kJ
    Protein 23,5 g 94 g
    Carbohydrate 0,25 g 1 g
    Fat 0,25 g 1 g
    94g of protein per 100g of product,isnt of the highest ones?

livingwithdoms is offline Associate Member
    ON gold standard is the whey to go.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livingwithdoms View Post
    ON gold standard is the whey to go.
    tht is one pathetic pun...why didnt i think of it then?!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtgb View Post
    What do people think the best portein powder is, are maximuscle or reflex better than any other just because they get alot more advertisment. They also cost a fortune, are there any others that are just as good for less??

Thanks
    I use Synthepure whey isolate exclusively. My body tolerates it very well and absorbs it like a sponge. No stomach discomfort or gas
    like some of the inferior powders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    tht is one pathetic pun...why didnt i think of it then?!

Didnt even notice that, but i like it!

kosgr is offline Junior Member
    So has anyone tried aminostar's protein?

bruary17 is offline Member
    ON. very high quality, not much filler. and great tasting.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    using true protein team skip blend (vanilla) right now. Prob stick with it for a bit .. i like it...

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Im a huge fan on my walmart body fortress chocolate whey shakes. THEIR BEST! HAHA. No but really it boils down to what i can afford.... lame

Fetch is offline Member
    Something wrong with buying your protein from walmart? Lol... I've always been under the assumption that it's all the same.. you're paying for a label. I'm by no means an expert on protein powders though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information