Arniefan is offline Associate Member

maltodextrin and glucose

whats best maltodextrin or glucose?

Gucks is offline Member
    neither! i presume ur wondering for PWO, stick to citrus fruits - oranges,grapefruits or apples are good aswell. maltodextrin or dextrose give to high of an insulin spike which just leads to fat storage. unless ur training for stamina and endurance then u can use maltodextrin. otherwise i would say never.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    neither! i presume ur wondering for PWO, stick to citrus fruits - oranges,grapefruits or apples are good aswell. maltodextrin or dextrose give to high of an insulin spike which just leads to fat storage. unless ur training for stamina and endurance then u can use maltodextrin. otherwise i would say never.
    What about bananas and blueberrys? They're both low GI. Oats and bananas do me just find for PWO.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    What about bananas and blueberrys? They're both low GI. Oats and bananas do me just find for PWO.
    bananas are descent, blueberries im not sure how much carbs are in them. u wuld have to eat alot to get the saem amount as other fruits though. oats are good ye, i take a low gi and a high gi carb source PWO.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    bananas are descent, blueberries im not sure how much carbs are in them. u wuld have to eat alot to get the saem amount as other fruits though. oats are good ye, i take a low gi and a high gi carb source PWO.
    Yeah pretty much the same pwo mix I practice. Obviously oats are low GI and bananas are sorta med. GI. Checkout this link:

http://www.lowglycemicdiet.com/fruitsgi.html

Thread Information