tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member

New in the supplement game , need advice

i just started lifting again and getting back on track and in 3 weeks of using whey protein and good dieting and training i have gained almost 12 pounds. going from 140 to 152. Im gunna guess some of this is water weight from so many fluids but pretty sure im on the right path, i look alot better in such a short period of time, if thats what 3 weeks got me im dedidcated to going a lifetime. What supplements would most benefit me , im talking glutamine , creetine monohydrates, whey proteins? theres so much out there i dont what to buy to help. ive always used EAS Whey Protein, pretty good and cheap stuff

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    IMO there are very few supplements that are worth using, Supplements are just that they supplement your diet. Whey protien, Branch chain amino acids, and a multivitamin. Thats the basics of what you need. Best thing you can do is spend some time in the diet section learning how to eat. Its far cheaper than paying the money to try every new supplement that comes out. Trust me back in 2001-2003 i probably bought evey type of supplement on the market, and spent thousands when the whole time i shoulda been at the grocery store

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    i just started lifting again and getting back on track and in 3 weeks of using whey protein and good dieting and training i have gained almost 12 pounds. going from 140 to 152. Im gunna guess some of this is water weight from so many fluids but pretty sure im on the right path, i look alot better in such a short period of time, if thats what 3 weeks got me im dedidcated to going a lifetime. What supplements would most benefit me , im talking glutamine , creetine monohydrates, whey proteins? theres so much out there i dont what to buy to help. ive always used EAS Whey Protein, pretty good and cheap stuff
    1. BCAA (Vital anabolic supp. for muscle & protein synthesis. Prefer powder form instead of tablets, always cheaper. I strongly recommend Optimum Nutrition's BCAA powder for both pre and post workout as well as non-workout days in between meals. It mixes very well, and quality-price ratio is as good as it gets; however, tastes like aspirin if you drink it with water).

2. Glutamine (Vital anti-catabolic supp. for protecting muscle tissue and suppressing the cortisol levels during and after workout. Also good for the stomach, brain and immunity system. I strongly recommend Sci-Fit's Gluta-Lynn, it is pure & alkalized, available in both powder and pill forms. Again, powder is cheaper. Take a serving size on empty stomach with a glass of water first thing in the morning, 20-30 mins. before workout, post-workout and 30 mins. before bed. Also take two full servings of it in non-workout days, first serving in the morning and second before bed).

3. Kre-Alkalyn (Post-workout ONLY, 1 serving size only. Most people in here don't know jack about nutrition, so they'll tell you to take a serving before workout also. You will be wasting your money that way. I prefer Ultimate Nutrition's Kre-Alkalyn but I am quite certain Kre-Alkalyn is all the same between various brands).

4. Whey Protein Isolate (Your muscles will be crying out for anabolic protein that gets to the damaged fibers FAST, which is why you should NOT use whey concentrate for post workout. Whey concentrate takes about an hour to get to the muscles, whereas, isolate will get there within 30 min. and it is VITAL that it gets there within 30-45 mins. Best available iso-whey in terms of quality & price in the market is Ultimate Nutrition's ISO Sensation 93, 5 lbs IMO. It is a high quality product at an affordable price).

5. Casein Protein (A scoop is ideal for the natural body builder, 30 min. before bed. Slow-digesting peptides will regardfully help anabolism to fight catabolism for up to 6-7 hours. I prefer Optimum Nutrition's Casein, French Vanilla flavor. Delicious!).

These are all the essentials IMO. You won't be throwing your money to garbage and you will see the difference in your body within weeks as well as relative gains in strength.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 03-08-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Heres what i was thinking, yesterday i bought Bodytechs BCAA & Glutamine mix, along with my EAS whey protein and a good multi vitamin, taking one time a day post workout , would help boost results from my good diet and hard training..... im not looking for no miracle powder i just think its not gunna hurt me at all, im a small guy so even if i can put on another 5 lbs its worth it to me

sittinloww is offline New Member
    Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, toast, oatmeal
    Snack: 2 protein bars
    Lunch: 15-20 large chicken tenders, mc n cheese, protein shake.
    Snack: 3 peanut butter sandwhiches
    Dinner: White rice, red meat, chicken tenders, protein shake

Bowflex, free weights. I don't squat. Last year I weight 150 im at 175 now
    Without the use of steroids , just eating/working out.

I received a package of dianabol 20 mgs. Im 5'11
    175lbs. 22 yr. 4-5bf% I have been researching and researching for weeks now and still haven't found anything really usefull. I understand the side effects and stuff but I need to know how I should take this supplement and what test should I use with it and also, when should. I not take the dbol

Yeh no roids for me and i already understand the diet part , i take my diet pretty seriously , but i think supplements would help move me along . i took cell tech hardcore when i was 20 and blew up from 140 to 170 i was dieting and training as well. but i really dont even want creatine yet i gotta wait till i been lifting a lil longer. but as for bcaas and glutamine and whey wouldhelp

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sittinloww View Post
    Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, toast, oatmeal
    Snack: 2 protein bars
    Lunch: 15-20 large chicken tenders, mc n cheese, protein shake.
    Snack: 3 peanut butter sandwhiches
    Dinner: White rice, red meat, chicken tenders, protein shake

Bowflex, free weights. I don't squat. Last year I weight 150 im at 175 now
    Without the use of steroids , just eating/working out.

I received a package of dianabol 20 mgs. Im 5'11
    175lbs. 22 yr. 4-5bf% I have been researching and researching for weeks now and still haven't found anything really usefull. I understand the side effects and stuff but I need to know how I should take this supplement and what test should I use with it and also, when should. I not take the dbol
    don't high jack other's tread. Open your's please.
    You have no idea what a diet is.
    You are not eating enough
    To young for dianabol,
    BF 4-5% ? i don't think so. I like to see a pic. That's a competition level. You have no idea about bf
    Last edited by 38jumper38; 03-08-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    I think you have them covered. Maybe some NO2. Also definitely a multi vitamin mineral.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OMG, that is indeed a horrible diet from every angle!

Thread Information