Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Pre workout supp while cutting

I've been cutting for the past 13-14 weeks and its going better than I imagined. However, I'm starting to get in the 10% range and carb cycling is really coming into play. With that being said, I'm so fvcking lethargic on some of these days. Diet is immacualte and I don't plan on changing it. Whats a good prework out supp with almost zero calories or carbs in it? I've used Jack3d before and didn't like it much, but will try it again if need be. Straight caffeine pills really upset my stomach, so they're out. Not looking for anything with creatine in it either, which rules almost everything out. lol
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 03-26-2011 at 10:07 AM.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    have you tried L-glutamine ? seems to be working for me, not just pre workout but four times 5g a day including pre workout, I just feel more energetic throughout the day and through training, L-glutamine is a semi essential amino acid, for me it is also stopping muscle loss while cutting.

what does your carb cycle look like in simple terms ?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    I've been cutting for the past 13-14 weeks and its going better than I imagined. However, I'm starting to get in the 10% range and carb cycling is really coming into play. With that being said, I'm so fvcking lethargic on some of these days. Diet is immacualte and I don't plan on changing it. Whats a good prework out supp with almost zero calories or carbs in it? I've used Jack3d before and didn't like it much, but will try it again if need be. Straight caffeine pills really upset my stomach, so they're out. Not looking for anything with creatine in it either, which rules almost everything out. lol
    You can still make sure you are getting some quality anti-catabolic supplementation before your workout without adding creatine and/or caffeine on that list, although they are quite effective PWO supplements. Since you are looking forward to zero carb-calorie PWO supplementation without any creatine and/or caffeine in it, you are much better of brewing your own PWO supplementation.

Take a serving size of each below about 30 mins. before your workout, preferrably with water:

1. BCAA (powder is always cheaper than pills, but most powder stuff has poison like taste and/or smell so beware).

2. Glutamine (again, powder is always cheaper than pills but some people also report horrible taste and/or smell about some of the powder versions. I have been using Ultimate Nutrition's Gluta-Pure for over a year by now and it is simply superb from any angle).

3. Beta-Alanine (a great alternative to creatine for those who refuse to employ creatine for whatever reason. it basically does what creatine is supposed to do, that is critical muscle support, but by following a different route. it won't hold water and it is not expensive at all).

4. Acetyl-L Carnitine (you will burn more fat, feel more energetic and concentrated during your workout. this amino will also help with post-workout recovery, so take another serving immediately after your workout).

... and you are good to go, my friend!
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 03-27-2011 at 01:03 AM.

InfiniteMuscle is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes Ill drink a redline preworkout, gives me a ton of energy. I like to add glutamine, bcaas, and creatine to it to.

Thread Information