Senseipro is offline New Member

Weight-loss and Strength Training simultaneously, need diet and supplement help!

I am in the process of some serious weight-loss and also have developed a strength training routine.

I am 5'10", weight 301 lbs, and have maintained much of my strength from my body building days (so I am not massively overweight).

I am roughly 29-32% body fat (3 different tests taken).

My health is good: Low cholesterol, blood sugar levels, low blood pressure, etc. I eat healthy.

Every time I ask a question about supplementation, test boosters, etc, I just get the standard msg: "lose weight first." This is not helpful, as I am strength training at the same time, and have the same needs as everyone else to get max pumps, etc.

Here is my current supplement list:

GNC Mega Man Energy Vitapak (MegaMan multi, Triple Tinsa Rush, Staminol, Saw Palmetto)
    Nature Made Fish Oil
    Nature Made CoQ10
    VPX NO-Shotgun MHF-1
    EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder

Is this a good, complete, list of supplements to be taking? When should I be taking them? I have seen supplement routines that have people taking things at different times of day.

Also I have been considering Test boosters. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much!!!

I have been told that Orange Triad is a good multi, and they have packs for fish oil, etc. Also I have been told that Test Charge is a good product.

Controlled Labs (Orange Triad) has a Stacking page that helps with organizing what you should take and when. Is this a good system to try? Is it complete?

http://www.controlledlabs.com/show.p...tacking%20Info

trusted is offline Junior Member
    i heard that new oxy-elite is suppose to gain muscle and burn fat. i've never seen any one on it, but if that's what your looking for GNC sells it for a decent price.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    anytime you go to lose BF you will lose strength while cutting. you can get it back when you level off.

but the whole process of having a negative calorie intake will make your CNS go hay wire and cause strength gains to go in reverse or super slow.

I would say work on the strength gains and the weight lose at two different times. maybe one month on, one month off. or something.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    anytime you go to lose BF you will lose strength while cutting. you can get it back when you level off.

but the whole process of having a negative calorie intake will make your CNS go hay wire and cause strength gains to go in reverse or super slow.

I would say work on the strength gains and the weight lose at two different times. maybe one month on, one month off. or something.
    h

I have not found this to be true at all. Now maybe it was because my strength was so poor to start with but I have lost 40 pounds and added 60 pounds to my squat and all lifts are up. So I think it depends where you start.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Ephedrine, clenbuterol , hydroxycut, thermobol.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasRenegade View Post
    h

I have not found this to be true at all. Now maybe it was because my strength was so poor to start with but I have lost 40 pounds and added 60 pounds to my squat and all lifts are up. So I think it depends where you start.
    i'll give you that, if you are already starting at a poor point. . you have a point, from that start off anything would be a gain.

I guess I was answering in the mind set of somebody already below 20% BF

Forgive me if i spoke too far to incompass everything/everybody.. but the it true that weight loss effects your CNS so your strength gains will be affected, but if your already above 25% BF your strength gains will just be slower while cutting. if below 20% BF they might actually go negative while cutting.
    Last edited by quarry206; 02-13-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJoe View Post
    Ephedrine, clenbuterol, hydroxycut, thermobol.
    Take it all at once? What do you want me to do with this list?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post

my last cycle i lost 12lbs of fat and gained 12lbs of muscle.. This theory of losing muscle when you lose fat makes sense for those in the 12-15% BF gonig down to single digits.. but for me i was 22% and went to 18%BF.. when you are in the 20 percent range you are higher than you should be naturally therefore the fat is MUCH easier to lose than when you are already slim...

As for the OP, i am not sure exactly what you are looking for?? I recomend ZMA or a similar zinc supplement.. it is fairly cheap.. also i recomend a casein protein shake before bed every night.. and try to gett your carbs in your first two meals or your PWO meal.. and only do protein and fats for your late afternoon and evening meals..

Also, if you want to burn some fat faster than anything get some liquid clen from ar-r banner above.. take 120mcg/day two weeks on two weeks off.. it literaly melts the fat off you..

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    my last cycle i lost 12lbs of fat and gained 12lbs of muscle.. This theory of losing muscle when you lose fat makes sense for those in the 12-15% BF gonig down to single digits.. but for me i was 22% and went to 18%BF.. when you are in the 20 percent range you are higher than you should be naturally therefore the fat is MUCH easier to lose than when you are already slim...

As for the OP, i am not sure exactly what you are looking for?? I recomend ZMA or a similar zinc supplement.. it is fairly cheap.. also i recomend a casein protein shake before bed every night.. and try to gett your carbs in your first two meals or your PWO meal.. and only do protein and fats for your late afternoon and evening meals..

Also, if you want to burn some fat faster than anything get some liquid clen from ar-r banner above.. take 120mcg/day two weeks on two weeks off.. it literaly melts the fat off you..
    Thanks so much, I appreciate the advice. I will try to limit my carbs to before my workout (around 5pm). I will start taking a protein shake before bed. What brand do you recommend?

Mon-Fri I get up at 5:30am, go to the gym around 5pm, and go to bed around 11pm. I don't know if this is the best schedule but I don't know enough to change it up and why.

I have been told amazing things about Test Charge. Any advice?

abnoxious is offline New Member
    Considering that you want to put on muscle I don't think standard weight loss pills are for you. In fact I wouldn't even worry about weight loss because you will naturally lose fat as you exercise. I don't think you need a supplement to directly target the fat. Most weight loss pills that are capable of this are unhealthy and some have even been banned. I wouldnt risk your health for results that you can achieve naturally.

Thread Information