Thread: First Cycle

matty burg is offline New Member

First Cycle

Hi,

I'm new to steroids , and after a lot of research, found the only way to get an answer that is specific enough for me i needed to post my own question!

I'm male, 21yrs old, 171cm in height, 67-72kg.

I've been training for a about 4-5 years now, and as of late going very hard and eating heaps, trying to follow the diet article posted on here in-fact. Making sure to get about 180-200g of protein a day etc.

The only supplements I take are Whey protein powder and creatine (Although when i started the creatine i saw absolutely no difference in size/reps or weight (and i was taking it with a little bit of juice to help absorb)

The reason i have decided to start my first cycle is because i simply have not seen ANY gains for about 3 years, possibly very minimal, but no where near what i should be seeing considering i think I'm doing all the right things in terms of dieting and training very hard in the gym.

The only gains i was achieving were strength, even then at my peak all i was able to push out was 2 reps of 100kg on bench bench and curling 20kg dumbbells x10 reps.

The cycle i was planing to go on was Anavar , i've just got no idea how much, in what quantities or when i should be taking it.

I've done a lot of research, but didn't feel right starting it knowing the information wasn't specifically for me.

So basically my question is, can anyone help me with tips on how to do my cycle? And maybe how i should be performing my workouts while on it?

Sorry if any of the information is stupid or irrelevant, as i said this is my first cycle and I'm new to the forum.

Thanks guys!

(btw, should have mentioned i want to gain size, but i don't want to just bloat out) pick me up on anything i've missed out on..
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-13-2011 at 07:01 PM.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    your problem is food,
    you not eating enough,
    you need more protein and carbs to bulk,
    post your diet and we help you make improvements,
    steroids won't do anything for you.

(7:00 am)
    ½ cup mixed whole oates and large table spoon of Quinoa with 100ml lite soy milk and fresh fruit

(9:30 – 10:00 am)
    1 apple
    Quinoa or salad or pasta
    Either one chicken breast or one 125g Tuna

(12:00 – 1:00 pm)
    1 apple
    Quinoa or salad or pasta

(3:30 – 5:30 pm)
    Either one can of tuna or (1/2) chicken breast [depending on whether or not I just had either of the 2, so I can interchange]

(6:30-8:00 pm)
    Chicken (whole breast), Salmon(>300g) or Beef(>300g)
    Mixed vegetable soup (including potatoes, sweet potato, beans, tomato, celery, spinach, chickpeas, carrot, zucchini, lentils) (don’t know how to describe how much of this I eat, but its HEAPS coz I love it)

(9:30-10:00 pm)
    Protein shake w/water & lite soy milk (because this is right after my workout, I can only get to the gym about 8-8:30)
    Sometimes some unflavoured natural yoghurt with oates/bran aswell
    (try not to have too much right before bed because I find so much dairy gives me a bit of a sore stomach right before I lie down)

Obviously it’s not the same food EVERYDAY, but, that’s basically my diet.
    I don’t eat junk food or drink soft drinks etc.
    I don’t get to drink alcohol all that often either simply because I don’t have time to fit all the partying in my schedule.

Let me know if there’s other info you need.

Thanks for the reply

*Oh yer, and i used to run in the morning before breakfast and have a protein shake straight after as weel as my normal oates in the morning, but havent run in a few weeks now.
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-13-2011 at 08:41 PM.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Good God I hate deciphering these stats in metric numbers. lets see 171 cm equals.....5'7 and 67-72 x 2.2 = 147-158 lbs...I think. Pretty wide range of weight, which is it LOL.

Anyway you got a long way to go before you need any steroids . Keep lifting and eating like a horse for the next 4 years and you will be a solid 175.

Everyone at your age thinks "oh no I am never going to get any bigger!!" when in reality you will put on a massive amount of weight...naturally...until you are about 30. I was about 5'10 155 and skinny at 21, and by 25 I was up to 175 with no juice.

At only 5'7 and right around that same weight you will pack on the pounds EASILY over the next few years.

And you need a LOT more food then what you listed.

whats types of foods? won't i just be getting fat? lol

i don't want to just get a huge gut and maybe a little size on my arms.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have seen much worse diets posted before by newbies and admittedly, yours do not look bad at all. The good news is you have successfuly sorted out the basics of a bodybuilder's diet on two levels: eat often and make sure most meals consist of protein and carbs. The bad news is your daily calorie intake is under what it should be for a hardgainer your age. I am obviously talking about the good calories in here, it is a great achievement on your behalf not be touching junk food/soft drinks/alcohol but your daily protein intake is lower than what it should be. Also, I can only make a guess about your daily carb intake and that it might also be lacking enough calories, since you have not posted your carb intake on a gr basis.

I will make the neccessary adjustments on your diet and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by matty burg View Post
    ½ cup mixed whole oates and large table spoon of Quinoa with 100ml lite soy milk and fresh fruit First meal of your day is the most important, needles to say, and it becomes even more so if you have trained hard the day before. Therefore, you have to make sure you are getting a decent amount of anabolic protein with a high BV (biological value) and NPU (net protein utilization) along with your carbs. Quinoa is an amino acid rich seed and no doubt it is healthy for you. However, since it is a vegetable source of protein (like the soy milk you drink), we cannot be sure whether it is actually anabolic; that is; it may prevent some muscle breakdown but there is no definetive scientific proof showing it can actually also build muscle (same goes for soy). Your best anabolic protein option for breakfast are eggs. They are the purest source of anabolic pro in the nature with the highest BV and NPU. They are also easy to digest, which makes them a fast protein source, exactly what you need for your first meal. Hardboil them, scramble them, make an omlette; it is up to you. But make sure you eat about 2-3 large whole eggs and up to 10 egg whites, depending on your hunger, appetite and how much lean muscle you woud want to build, frankly. Quinoa can stay, same goes for the rest. Just make sure you add the eggs in there.

1 apple
    Quinoa or salad or pasta
    No quinoa or salad for this meal. Save the salad for later meals as carbs cause a raise in insulin, whereas salad with healthy oils won't so it is a better food option for PM meals since you want to make sure your blood sugar is not high as you get ready to go to bed. I recommend 150-200 gr of of whole wheat pasta with 150-250 gr of chicken breast in this meal. Sınce you've had fresh fruit in your previous meal, you may cancel the apple in this one.

1 apple
    Quinoa or salad or pasta
    Again, I recommend carbs over salad for fuel. Bulgur, sweet potatoes, brown rice and whole wheat couscous, lentils, beans and etc. make good alternatives to pasta as you may want to also eat these alternatively. Drop the apple and make sure your tuna is more than 125 gr.

Either one can of tuna or (1/2) chicken breast [depending on whether or not I just had either of the 2, so I can interchange]
    Protein only meals are useless for building muscle. Such meals will surely keep you full due to the protein content; however, your body needs either carbs or fatty acids in order to be able to synthesize that protein as mucle. Otherwise, you will be shitting out the protein you just paid for and ate. It is a useless act for a bodybuilder with gaining lean muscle mass in mind. So, either get a moderate amount of complex carbs or bunch of steamed veggies with EVOO drizzled all over. As an alternative to these two, 20 almonds.

Chicken (whole breast), Salmon(>300g) or Beef(>300g)
    Mixed vegetable soup (including potatoes, sweet potato, beans, tomato, celery, spinach, chickpeas, carrot, zucchini, lentils) (don’t know how to describe how much of this I eat, but its HEAPS coz I love it) Stick to either beef or salmon for this meal, you have had enough chicken breasts during the day at any rate. Besides, both salmon and beef have greater and more beneficial amino acid profiles than chicken breast, not to mention a greater profile of vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. I say keep the veggie soup since you love it so much, but please post its nutrition content.

Protein shake w/water & lite soy milk (because this is right after my workout, I can only get to the gym about 8-8:30)
    Sometimes some unflavoured natural yoghurt with oates/bran aswell
    (try not to have too much right before bed because I find so much dairy gives me a bit of a sore stomach right before I lie down)

Obviously it’s not the same food EVERYDAY, but, that’s basically my diet.
    I don’t eat junk food or drink soft drinks etc.
    I don’t get to drink alcohol all that often either simply because I don’t have time to fit all the partying in my schedule.

Let me know if there’s other info you need.

Thanks for the reply

*Oh yer, and i used to run in the morning before breakfast and have a protein shake straight after as weel as my normal oates in the morning, but havent run in a few weeks now.
    Responses in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Responses in bold.
    Wow! that's the most helpful and in detail response I've ever received over the net!

I have a question about the eggs, i was told by someone that once eggs are cooked (that is the clear part of the egg turning white), all the protein that the egg once had to offer is gone? and that you get the protein from the clear part while still clear?

Also it's hard to post the nutrition content of the veggie soup because it's all fresh veggies, nothing out of a can so i don't have any info written down for it!
    But i can tell you it usually consists of about:
    2 small potatoes
    1 tomato
    1/2 Cup mixed beans
    1/2 a sweet potato
    1 Onion
    2 Carrots
    Celery

and that makes a pretty huge pot, and i eat that over 2 days

Also, is it bad to be having my protein/yogurt right before bed? because i get home at about 10pm, and try to be in bed before 11 as i have a 6:40 wake up. I've read so many times that sleep is important for the body to recover and that 8 hrs is crucial.

That's also what makes the eating so many meals a day hard, because i leave the house at 7:20am and get home about 7-7:30pm.

Thanks again for your help

Wow! that's the most helpful and in detail response I've ever received over the net!

I have a question about the eggs, i was told by someone that once eggs are cooked (that is the clear part of the egg turning white), all the protein that the egg once had to offer is gone? and that you get the protein from the clear part while still clear? The protein in raw eggs is only 51% bio-available, whereas that of a cooked egg is nearer 91% bio-available, meaning the protein of cooked eggs is nearly twice as absorbable as the protein from raw eggs. So, do not listen to parrots and always cook your eggs.

Also it's hard to post the nutrition content of the veggie soup because it's all fresh veggies, nothing out of a can so i don't have any info written down for it!
    But i can tell you it usually consists of about:
    2 small potatoes
    1 tomato
    1/2 Cup mixed beans
    1/2 a sweet potato
    1 Onion
    2 Carrots
    Celery

and that makes a pretty huge pot, and i eat that over 2 days This soup mostly consists of complex carbs and fibers from veggies, except for the 2 small traditional potatos. Keep the soup, I am sure your stomach feels great after drinking it.

Also, is it bad to be having my protein/yogurt right before bed? because i get home at about 10pm, and try to be in bed before 11 as i have a 6:40 wake up. I've read so many times that sleep is important for the body to recover and that 8 hrs is crucial. You have heard right about the positive relationship between 8 hours of sleep and recovery. Nutrition before bed is cruical also. You should stay away from a fast acting and insulin spiking protein source like whey at night time, period. There are much better options than whey and yogurt at that time of the day, from a nutritional perspective. You can eat a large portion of low fat low sodium cottage cheese, which essentially consists slow digesting casein (milk) protein that will absolutely not increase your blood sugar. You can alternatively drink a scoop or two of Casein protein with water about 30 mins. before you go the bed.

That's also what makes the eating so many meals a day hard, because i leave the house at 7:20am and get home about 7-7:30pm. That is indeed a common angle of suffering for the majority of bodybuilders worldwide. We all have lives and have to live with the fact that we have to eat 6-8 meals a day when other people are not concerned with a problem as such. However, there are ways around this, such as bringing your precooked meal(s) with you to work and/or school and supplementing with slow digesting protein sources like Casein when you know you won't be able to eat for several hours.

Thanks again for your help
    Responses in bold.

Is ricotta cheese also good at night? or not the same as cottage?

Thanks heaps for the tips Turkish Juicer, have it all written out so that i can follow the diet and will hopefully see some changes with hard work.

Also, this is my workout
    day 1: chest, bi's, forearms
    day 2: back, tris, shrugs
    day 3: legs and abs
    day 4: rest

Should i not be having this rest day? as it means I'm only doing one muscle group every 4 days?
    I ask these questions in regards to my diet as well, i have seen on here a few different routines such as no rest days and up to 6 rest days.
    Considering what I'm eating how should my routine look?

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.

The first major difference between the two cheeses, is the materials or ingredients that are used to make them. Cottage cheese is made from the curd byproduct, although it also possesses some whey. On the other hand, ricotta cheese is the complete opposite of cottage cheese. Ricotta makes use of the whey byproduct of cheese making. Unlike the curds that are traditionally conceptualized as cheese chunks, whey is the liquid component that is being separated from the curds to make the ricotta cheese.

Cottage cheese is by far the superior pm protein choice for bodybuilders due to the facts that;

1. It has high content of casein protein, which is also known as slow digesting protein. Thus, casein in cottage cheese provides a constant and stable flow of amino acids to your muscles as you are sleeping, without spiking insulin .

2. You can easily get nonfat and/or 1% fat and low sodium cottage cheese, whereas it is really hard to find nonfat ricotta cheese, you simply have to hunt for it. Even when you find some, it is still inferior to cottage cheese from a nutritional perspective, especially regarding its protein content.

Thanks heaps for the tips Turkish Juicer, have it all written out so that i can follow the diet and will hopefully see some changes with hard work.

Also, this is my workout
    day 1: chest, bi's, forearms
    day 2: back, tris, shrugs
    day 3: legs and abs
    day 4: rest

Should i not be having this rest day? as it means I'm only doing one muscle group every 4 days?
    I ask these questions in regards to my diet as well, i have seen on here a few different routines such as no rest days and up to 6 rest days.
    Considering what I'm eating how should my routine look?

Thanks everyone
    You should be doing a muscle every WEEK not 4 days. If you are working it properly there is now way you are recovering to work a muscle twice a week. That is called overtraining, and it will limit your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    You should be doing a muscle every WEEK not 4 days. If you are working it properly there is now way you are recovering to work a muscle twice a week. That is called overtraining, and it will limit your progress.
    So should i keep my same routine, and have 3 days rest?
    In that case, how many different exercises should i be performing on just one muscle group? because at the moment i only do three as i struggle to find variety in exercises.

By the way, i have put on 5 kg's since eating like an animal for about 4 weeks, obviously none of it muscle, but any sign of a six pack is definitely gone lol

So should i keep my same routine, and have 3 days rest?
    In that case, how many different exercises should i be performing on just one muscle group? because at the moment i only do three as i struggle to find variety in exercises.

By the way, i have put on 5 kg's since eating like an animal for about 4 weeks, obviously none of it muscle, but any sign of a six pack is definitely gone lol
    You can do whatever you want, just don't do more than a muscle per week. 3 days 4 days 5 days split it doesn't matter. You aren't going to find many more than 3 exercises per muscle that is fine. Nothing wrong with eating a lot...as long as it is clean food.

Hey ladies and gents.

I've been following the diet pretty strictly, most of the time eating even more meat/fish then stated in the above, but am loving it because i love eating so that's all good!

I have definitely put on a bit of a gut though, and that i am not loving lol.

Is it possible i am eating too much? or too much of something in-particular?
    Is it maybe because i am searing the chicken and meat i eat? (Using as least oil as possible without ruining all our pans)
    Should i drop the oats in the morning? Or should i not have a piece of multigrain bread with my eggs in the morning?
    OR
    Should i not be eating that veggie soup i mentioned so late at night and strictly stick to only having cottage cheese?

sorry for having So many questions, but i really appreciate the help from whom i feel are people who really know what they're talking about.

*I realise this thread has become kind of a diet one and that it should be in the diet section but i wouldn't know how to move it there!
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-20-2011 at 03:51 AM.

We have indeed added a certain amount of calories in your diet by relatively incrementing your daily intake of complex carbs and protein. Now, you should know that many people experience what we call ''carb bloat'' after a carb meal even if it is a moderate portion. Carb bloat means your body holds water when you eat carbs and this situation completely depends on your body type as you may imagine. However, majority of humans do experience carb bloat. For the record, it is hence not surprising why so many people are loving the ''keto diet,'' once you remove carbs almost completely, you start to witness the decrement in overall bloat, convincing the keto dieter to be loosing BF rapidly. Most of the reduced body weight and hence the leaner image comes from the decrement in the bloat. So, do not worry about your disappearing six pack as you have mentioned, just make sure you workout your abs as hard as possible to maintain a certain amount of muscle mass underneath the water/fat. You can always start a cutting diet in the future when you feel the neccessity for it, but IMO lean bulking is by far more important as an initial phase in BB. Cutting can be always welcomed later...

In addition, with your new diet, you should be working out harder with increased weights and a more intense cardio to make the best of your adjusted current calorie intake. Lean bulking is what you wanted, lean bulking is what you shall have...
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-20-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Ok cool thanks again Turkish Juicer... that's one thing i have not been doing, cardio.

I used to do interval running for about 20-40 minutes in the morning before breakfast but after a few months got absolutely sick of it.

Should i start doing this again? And any harm in muscle building if it's before breakfast?

*also, "anabolic alternatives" on the Discount Supplements website caught my interest and was curious as to whether or not a product like this would have any affect? Does anyone have any experience?
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-20-2011 at 07:03 PM.

You may want to revisit your morning cardio sessions; however, do not feel forced to do intervals since this type of cardio does not have a scientifically proven angle in terms of being superior to that of regular cardio. I have done both types of cardio so far and results have been similar. Cardio is cardio, IMO. However, if you thing you will be performing HIIT type cardio, then you should certainly get about 2 servings of BCAA about 20-30 mins. before your cardio session to help your muscles fight catabolism, which may not be needed at all if your HR is going to be remaining at around 140. At any rate, a carb including breakfast is a must after a morning cardio session to reduce the effects of cortisol.

As for "anabolic alternatives" on the Discount Supplements website, I have no experience with those products. I am sure they will stimulate muscle growth as well as maintaining it; that is, if those products are actually capable of doing what the producer claim they are.

You may want to revisit your morning cardio sessions; however, do not feel forced to do intervals since this type of cardio does not have a scientifically proven angle in terms of being superior to that of regular cardio. I have done both types of cardio so far and results have been similar. Cardio is cardio, IMO. However, if you thing you will be performing HIIT type cardio, then you should certainly get about 2 servings of BCAA about 20-30 mins. before your cardio session to help your muscles fight catabolism, which may not be needed at all if your HR is going to be remaining at around 140. At any rate, a carb including breakfast is a must after a morning cardio session to reduce the effects of cortisol.

As for "anabolic alternatives" on the Discount Supplements website, I have no experience with those products. I am sure they will stimulate muscle growth as well as maintaining it; that is, if those products are actually capable of doing what the producer claim they are.

So everyone, here's my diet and how I'm incorporating it in with my training. I haven't hugely changed it but refined it a little to how it's actually being played out rather than how i want it to be... Please make changes where necessary
    I figure it's easier if i post my workout here too as my diet is here, rather than post it in the WORKOUT QUESTIONS, that way changes can be made to either in accordance to eachother

Thanks heaps.

DIET:
    (6:00 am)
    • 4 aminomax 8000/1 protein shake with water
    HIIT for 20 minutes (30 sec sprint, 90 sec jog, Repeat) x (how many mornings should I do this??)

• ½ Cup mixed whole oats
    • Large table spoon of Quinoa
    • Soy milk
    • Fresh fruit
    • 5 eggs (1 whole, 4 whites)

• Pasta
    • Chicken Breast 150-250g

• 1 apple
    • Bulgur/ sweet potatoes / brown rice / whole wheat couscous / lentils / beans
    • Big can tuna

• Steamed veggies with EVOO / 20 almonds / Mixed Veggie soup

• Salmon (>300g) or Beef (>300g)
    • Salad with EVOO & Vinegar
    • Small serving fresh veggies with Quinoa
    Mixed vegetable soup
    Gym Workout (5 day split)

• Cottage cheese/yogurt
    • Protein shake with ‘Light Soy’ and Water *Only after days with gym.. (I know it’s bad to be having this protein shake right before bed because it spikes insulin levels like you mentioned, but I don’t feel like I’d be getting enough protein from just cottage cheese after my workout?)

WORKOUT:
    Arms
    • 3x BB curl (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Hammer curl (10-8 reps
    • 2x Rope curl (10-8 reps)
    • 1x Spider Curl (8 reps)
    • 3x V-bar pushdown (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Skull crush machine (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Seated dip/Pushdown machine *not 100% sure what it’s called (10-8 reps)

Legs
    • 3x 45° Legs press (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Leg extension (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Leg curls (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Seated calve raises (10-8 reps)

Back
    • 3x Lat pulldown (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Seated row(10-8 Reps)
    • 2x Wide grip body weight pull ups (10-12 reps)

Chest, Forearms, Abs
    • 2x incline machine (10-12 reps)
    • 2x Pushups (on fists 40-50 reps)
    • Abs
    • 3x Forearms arms rested on bench curling BB (10 reps forward and 10 reps reverse)

Shoulders, Traps
    • 3x Seated shoulder press machine with free weights (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Late raises arms bent at 90° (10 reps)
    • 3 x Front raises (10 reps) *Do these with BB or Dumbbells? And if so separate or same time?
    • 3x Shrugs

*Reason for not having a huge focus on chest is because it’s out of proportion to the rest of my body. It’s hard to the touch when tensing, but not a good shape. Instead of being ‘Square’ it more so sticks out. I want to be able to shape it.
    Before I started working out I was pretty fat and had pretty big man boobs, now my chest has pretty much all tuned to muscle but not a great shape...
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-21-2011 at 07:14 PM.

So everyone, here's my diet and how I'm incorporating it in with my training. I haven't hugely changed it but refined it a little to how it's actually being played out rather than how i want it to be... Please make changes where necessary
    I figure it's easier if i post my workout here too as my diet is here, rather than post it in the WORKOUT QUESTIONS, that way changes can be made to either in accordance to eachother

Thanks heaps.

DIET:
    HIIT for 20 minutes (30 sec sprint, 90 sec jog, Repeat) x (how many mornings should I do this??)You can do this as many times as you want and/or can handle throughout the week; however, you should certainly give it rest the day after your leg workout.

• ½ Cup mixed whole oats
    • Soy milk how much soy?
    • Fresh fruit how much fruit and what kinds?

• Pasta how many gr?

• 1 apple
    • Bulgur/ sweet potatoes / brown rice / whole wheat couscous / lentils / beanshow many gr?
    • Big can tuna

• Steamed veggies with EVOOhow many table spoons? / 20 almonds / Mixed Veggie soup

• Salad with EVOOhow many table spoons? & Vinegar
    Mixed vegetable soup

• Cottage cheese/yogurthow many gr?
    • Protein shake with ‘Light Soy’ and Water *Only after days with gym... (I know it’s bad to be having this protein shake right before bed because it spikes insulin levels like you mentioned, but I don’t feel like I’d be getting enough protein from just cottage cheese after my workout?) You can have as much Casein for a protein shake at this time of the day and it will not spike your insulin at all. Fast acting proteins like whey cause the spike, not Casein.

We cannot help out without you figuring the macros.

WORKOUT:
    Arms
    • 3x BB curl (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Seated dip/Pushdown machine *not 100% sure what it’s called] (10-8 reps) It is called the dip machine.

Legs

Back

Chest, Forearms, Abs
    • Abs
    • 3x Forearms arms rested on bench curling BB (10 reps forward and 10 reps reverse)

Shoulders, Traps
    • 3 x Front raises (10 reps) *Do these with BB or Dumbbells? And if so separate or same time?
    • 3x Shrugs

*Reason for not having a huge focus on chest is because it’s out of proportion to the rest of my body. It’s hard to the touch when tensing, but not a good shape. Instead of being ‘Square’ it more so sticks out. I want to be able to shape it.
    Before I started working out I was pretty fat and had pretty big man boobs, now my chest has pretty much all tuned to muscle but not a great shape...
    Responses in BOLD.

DIET:
    HIIT for 20 minutes (30 sec sprint, 90 sec jog, Repeat) x (how many mornings should I do this??)You can do this as many times as you want and/or can handle throughout the week; however, you should certainly give it rest the day after your leg workout.
    which would be better to take before this morning run? the aminomax 8000 tabs or just the whey protein shake with water (100% gold standard Whey)?

• ½ Cup mixed whole oats
    • Soy milk 100 mL
    • Fresh fruit 1 banana & handful of grapes OR handful of strawberries

• Pasta 36 gr

• 1 apple
    • brown rice 34 gr / lentils 34 gr / 4 bean mix 200 gr
    • Big can tuna (185g: 36g PROTEIN, 5.3g FAT, 0g CARBS)

• Steamed veggies with EVOO1 table spoon max / 20 almonds / Mixed Veggie soup

• Salad with EVOO1 Table Spoon Max? & Vinegar
    Mixed vegetable soup

• Cottage cheese 100-200gr
    • Protein shake with ‘Light Soy’ and Water *Only after days with gym... (I know it’s bad to be having this protein shake right before bed because it spikes insulin levels like you mentioned, but I don’t feel like I’d be getting enough protein from just cottage cheese after my workout?) You can have as much Casein for a protein shake at this time of the day and it will not spike your insulin at all. Fast acting proteins like whey cause the spike, not Casein. This is whey protein though, specifically 100% Whey Gold Standard: 24g Protein, 5.5g BCAA's, 1g Fat, 3g Carbs

Maybe i should look into buying CASEIN PROTEIN instead of whey? as im going to be going to the gym late most of the time anyway

We cannot help out without you figuring the macros.

WORKOUT:
    Arms
    • 3x BB curl (10-8 reps)
    • 3x Seated dip/Pushdown machine *not 100% sure what it’s called] (10-8 reps) It is called the dip machine.

Legs

Back

Chest, Forearms, Abs
    • Abs

Shoulders, Traps
    • 3x Shrugs

I also put mine in bold.

thanks
    Last edited by matty burg; 04-22-2011 at 01:22 AM.

1. The aminomax 8000 tabs will dissolve faster into the blood, hence making it a better choice for a pre-workout supp. It takes about 60 mins. for whey concentrates to dissolve into blood, on the other hand.

2. As for your 6:30-8:00 pm meal, if you are getting 90/10 lean beef you can be more generous with EVOO in your salad; however, 1 table spoon max. when you are having Salmon. I doubt I would need to specify why so.

3. Buy Casein. Whey is not a good choice of protein passed 6 pm if you ask me. You can drink Casein with confidence at any pm.

Khuisdy is offline New Member
    I am a young man of 25 years old. My weight is 65 kg and hight is 5.10". I am starting the first time cycling in the age of 17 years. Now a days I am expert in the cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuisdy View Post
    I am a young man of 25 years old. My weight is 65 kg and hight is 5.10". I am starting the first time cycling in the age of 17 years. Now a days I am expert in the cycling.
    I think i might stick to the diet for a few years and see where that gets me, simply because of the things I've read around this site about age and also because i just don't know enough about it to get myself out of trouble if something went wrong during a cycle.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try it, it interests me A LOT, but i feel it's just too risk at the moment.

CARNOV1773 is offline New Member
    Stupid question coming up... when eating egg whites, does one just throw away the yolk? For a hard up student, that seems a hard thing to do??

Quote Originally Posted by CARNOV1773 View Post
    Stupid question coming up... when eating egg whites, does one just throw away the yolk? For a hard up student, that seems a hard thing to do??
    I give the yolks to my dogs, they love it and it is a great natural source of protein + fat for them.

Being a hard up student does not change the fact that egg yolks have a terrible fat-protein ratio, which is why most bodybuilders will only eat 1-3 of yolks at one sitting and eat the whites for the rest.

CARNOV1773 is offline New Member
    I give the yolks to my dogs, they love it and it is a great natural source of protein + fat for them.

Being a hard up student does not change the fact that egg yolks have a terrible fat-protein ratio, which is why most bodybuilders will only eat 1-3 of yolks at one sitting and eat the whites for the rest.
    OK thankyou, this has inspired me to incorporate 1 egg, 3 egg whites into my breakfast. I also have a whey protein shake to help my body get the quick intake of protein needed, will this still be needed?

Also, you seem knowledgeable. Thoughts on H-drol?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by CARNOV1773 View Post
    OK thankyou, this has inspired me to incorporate 1 egg, 3 egg whites into my breakfast. I also have a whey protein shake to help my body get the quick intake of protein needed, will this still be needed?

Also, you seem knowledgeable. Thoughts on H-drol?
    Please come on over to the Diet Question forum....i bet you might get some great help there

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Matty, do not take steroids !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    I respect you, however I vehemently disagree with this statemtent. Muscle groups take between 48 and 96 hours to fully recover when given proper rest and nutritional requirements, to not train a muscle that is recovered and ready to be trained is undertraining and it will substantially limit your progress. Picture that your biceps is ready to be trained again within 48 hours and you wait 168 hrs to train it, you would miss 130 workout opportunities in one years time so basically taking three and a half years to accomplish what you could in one year. Overtraining is something that occurs through consistent exercising of a muscle group that isn't sufficiently recovered, and does not occur in a few months time. Undertraining is far more prevalent in weight lifters than overtraining.

Thread Information