trek4 is offline New Member

Anyone know much about ZMA?

I'm currently taking ZMA and haven't really noticed much out of it. I've read some good stuff about it, but does anyone have any experiences with it?

die2live is offline New Member
    Waste of $$$$. Any Zinc+Magnesium is fine as is the Zinc/Mag in most Super Multi Vits. For good use of $$$ in OTC supps Fish Oil, Creatine Ethyl Ester, ALA, CFM Whey and a good Mega Vit.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    its usually in zinc oxide and magnesium oxide form...not aspartate im sure it makes a difference...i experience more restful sleep and if it was a waste of money and had no effects, why do over 70 companies make a prodcut that include ZMA? and why are there so many articles about growing while sleeping?

fishorcutbait is offline Junior Member
    chances are you can get ahold of a chelated zinc product and a chelated magnesium product yourself. I got a bottle of 100mgx100 tabs of zinc aspartate for like 7 bucks.

chelation= attaching an amino acid to a mineral
    aspartate= an amino acid

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I am considering using some of ONs ZMA for better sleep... I'm on cycle but my buddy swears by it and he said at the last expo he was at Gunter was saying he loved it... (yeah yeah I know he probably doesn't use it... GHB would be better for sleep)

brutesinme is offline Member
    Zinc and magnesium supplements increase your testosterone only if you have a deficiancy of these minerals. It won't raise your test above that.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    so is it a waste of money for better sleep??? anyone used it for this before???

Milky87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    I am considering using some of ONs ZMA for better sleep... I'm on cycle but my buddy swears by it and he said at the last expo he was at Gunter was saying he loved it... (yeah yeah I know he probably doesn't use it... GHB would be better for sleep)
    GHB would be illegal to posses, and is known to be highly adictive, especially when used in a regimin type fashion such as for sleep.

To solve the legal issue, GHV (y-hydroxyvalerate)isnt illegal and posseses the same sedation but less euphoria. A much better choice for sleep

davedizzle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    so is it a waste of money for better sleep??? anyone used it for this before???
    I've been taking ZMA for sleep aid for a while no. I take 3 caps just before reading my book.. an hour later i drop off like a log. I also get a much deeper sleep. Anything else i.e boosted test levels is a bonus. It's cheap ass anyway.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    GHB would be illegal to posses, and is known to be highly adictive, especially when used in a regimin type fashion such as for sleep.

To solve the legal issue, GHV (y-hydroxyvalerate)isnt illegal and posseses the same sedation but less euphoria. A much better choice for sleep
    GHV?? bump for info, where do get this from?and more info????

Quote Originally Posted by random article
    Bioassay of Sodium 4-Hydroxyvalerate
    Sodium 4-hydroxyvalerate was dissolved in a glass of water, and ingested on an empty stomach. As anticipated, the taste wasn't too great, and it reminded me of Sodium GHB. Within about ten minutes the first effects of the material was felt, and the effects developed gradually during the first 30 minutes to at that point be clearly felt and distinguishable. The peak effects are attained around an hour after ingestion. The first effects noted are muscle relaxation, and a sense of calmness. At the half hour point, a sedation can be felt, but the feeling is in part unlike that of GHB itself, this feeling is more like natural sleepiness than the feeling gotten from GHB and other sedating pharmaceuticals. At the same time, the muscle relazation was attenuated, and the body felt very heavy. During one experiment, with 1 gram of the material, I took a nap (voluntarily) at about the one hour point, and when I spontaneously woke up an hour later, I felt very relaxed and refreshed, and the sleep had been very fine. At the two hour point, the muscle relaxation is diminished, as well as the sedation. The effects gradually dissipates during the following hours, and in my opinion, the duration of the effects is slightly longer than with GHB, say rather 3-4 h than 2-3 h.

When compared with GHB, there is more muscle relaxation, and the sedative and anxiolytic effects are noticably more potent. Preliminary, I'd say that the compound is subjectively around 1.5 times stronger on a weight basis. The mood elevating and sociabilizing effects are weaker than with GHB itself. The dosage levels tried so far has been 1000-2500mg of the dry sodium salt. No side effects has been noted, except perhaps a slight nausea at the peak, but this can also be due to my empty stomach.
    The same random article also has a procudure for its synthesis but I will not post this due to the sites rules against talk of recreational drugs (as it also discusses GHB)

pelly789 is offline Member
    what brands do you guys reccomend for a zma im looking into getting one but im just about clueless on the dosing and what ones are good out there thanks!

brutesinme is offline Member
    pelly, just buy some seperate zinc and magnesium supplements. About 1/3 the price, and thats basically all you are getting in ZMA Doses are 30 mg zinc 450 mg mag, and 10 mg b6

KILLERWILL is offline New Member
    I like ZMA personaly. It could be all mental but i think it did a little in regards to muscle mass. And its cheap so F#$@ IT

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    I like ZMA and have noticed a difference since being off of it for 2 months now. Just ordered another 2 bottles

I like dymatize Z-Force

its ZMA + a little bit of Trib and some N Acetyl Cystine

usually just under $10/bottle which should last about 30 days

^ sounds like a good one

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    ZMA is one of my favorite supps, hands down. deeper sleep and intense dreams.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    ZMA is one of my favorite supps, hands down. deeper sleep and intense dreams.

I second this. I don't know if it does anything for my gains except for better sleep is a good thing. Dreams are vivid and frequent. I would take it just for these reasons.

i would say that i noticed an anabolic effect/raise in test from this. and i don't agree with the whoever said that if you take your vitamins and get enough zinc, mag and b vits on your own then this doesn't do anything. I was already taking a multi regularly before i started.

when i used zma alone i noticed a slight increase in test, but when combined with the other things in z-force (most notably the trib) i noticed a much bigger increase. nothing comparable to PH's though

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fishorcutbait
    chances are you can get ahold of a chelated zinc product and a chelated magnesium product yourself. I got a bottle of 100mgx100 tabs of zinc aspartate for like 7 bucks.

chelation= attaching an amino acid to a mineral
    aspartate= an amino acid
    7 bucks thats a real joke they sell z-mass here in canada for 50$ and thats for a month supply

Quote Originally Posted by FromFleshtoSteel
    i would say that i noticed an anabolic effect/raise in test from this. and i don't agree with the whoever said that if you take your vitamins and get enough zinc, mag and b vits on your own then this doesn't do anything. I was already taking a multi regularly before i started.

when i used zma alone i noticed a slight increase in test, but when combined with the other things in z-force (most notably the trib) i noticed a much bigger increase. nothing comparable to PH's though
    While i dont mean to sound like a broken record play, that product does sound very good, especially ifit is only 10$ per bottle

If it helps with sleep the way that eople have said it does, that would be awsome. I can sleep for 9 hours and wake up still feeling tired. i only feel good when I get 12+ hours

$50 for ZMA is ridiculous! Don't waste your money paying for Cytodyne ZMass PM...its all pretty much the same stuff, you are just paying for their advertising.

Milky...maybe you are oversleeping? If I sleep more than 9 hrs. then I feel very tired all day, if I cut it back to 7-8 that's just right. The ZMA will def. help you sleep better though and for a 10 dollar natural remedy it can't be beat.

LB33 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FromFleshtoSteel

How would you know? did you get bloodwork done?

IronSheff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    if it was a waste of money and had no effects, why do over 70 companies make a prodcut that include ZMA? and why are there so many articles about growing while sleeping?
    I'm going to have to say that this statement is ridiculous. Why, you ask? Because the articles are basically written by the people pushing the supplements, or there is some sort of other incentive. Unless you know absolutely nothing about any business in general, I feel that the answer to that question is fairly obvious.

ZMA was patented by Victor Conte, the founder of BALCO and subsequently the premier professional athlete steroid distributor. ZMA was well marketed by people like Bonds and Sarcev because Conte and Patrick Arnold were supplying them with exclusive, undectecable steroids , as I'm sure you now all know. Bonds would take his "cream," "clear," GH and slin and then credit the results to ZMA at Conte's request. The same would go for Marion Jones as she was also Conte's puppet- The exclusive(at the time) Marion Jones did an article for FLEX magazine with Milos Sarcev talking about ZMA and whatnot just so Conte can get his name out there. Basically all of the studies on ZMA were funded and edited by Conte.

www.snac.com - This is Conte's supplement company. Again, he is the originator of ZMA so if you are interested in the product I'm guessing his formula would be close to the "best," whatever that might be.

View the pictures on the site as I feel it affirms my little rant. I think you all may find it interesting.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i just got some magnesium oxide with chelated zinc in it for 4$ it had 15mg of zinc and 400mg of magnesium

RoidRage22 is offline New Member
    Does ZMA make anyone feel weird? I quit taking ZMA because it made my stomach ache and I felt weird

ZTEM is offline Associate Member
    i hated it, didnt see any type of results for the price

rager is offline Member
    I just started taking ZMA and it does make you fall asleep easier. My dreams are super vivid with it

duece02 is offline New Member
    personaly ZMA worked for me. i would take it right before bed and the sleep you are put into is amazing. the better the sleep, the better the recovery!

mikeokelly is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager View Post
    I just started taking ZMA and it does make you fall asleep easier. My dreams are super vivid with it
    I get pretty vivid dreams when taking zma as well. Must be a common side effect.

Van Suka is offline Junior Member
    At time I had some weird dreams. It is expensive. Just take calcium and magnesium at night for better sleep. Zinc throughout the day but make sure to not mix with vitamin D supp.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been taking ZMA for a few months now, and I've noticed a much deeper and relaxed sleep. When I'm only able to get about 5-6 hours when taking three caps 45mins before bed, it feels like I've slept for 10 hours. I use "Cheap Supplements" brand ZMA which works great, IMO.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    its usually in zinc oxide and magnesium oxide form...not aspartate im sure it makes a difference...i experience more restful sleep and if it was a waste of money and had no effects, why do over 70 companies make a prodcut that include ZMA? and why are there so many articles about growing while sleeping?
    terrible comparison!! that type of argument never works. If the shaker weight doesnt really shred you up and build ripped muscle then why do so many people still buy it? ITs marketing... alot of things sold and bought by millions of people is a scam. if not a scam then def not worth the $$ you invested

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    erm, ancient thread alert!

Thread Information