TriCities Sailor is offline New Member

New here wanting some opinions

I take GNC Extreme Athlete Vita-Packs, AMP Pro Performance Wheybolic 60 (post WO and on Off days) Ravage (preworkout) and Pink Magic.

I'm 69.5" Tall 17-18% BF 232lbs I'm not using a Mass Gainer because I don't wanna gain weight around my midsection over the last year I Lost about 80lbs and Got down to 209 in the last 6 months since Ive been working out consistently I'm back up to 232lbs but my waist is down from a 44" (Feb 2010) to a 37.5". so for now I'm just trying to lean up and gain Detail then I'm gonna start to pack on bulk.

If I'm going about this wrong please don't Hesitate to tell me a different way.

I take in between 2500 and 3300 Cal a day and around 200g pro a day shooting for 14-17 cals per pound of body weight. I keep a log of everything I eat and how much Cal Pro and Carbs in each meal. I also keep a detailed log of how many reps and sets I do each workout.

What do you guys think about my regiment what can I do better what do I need to consider changing and what should/could I add/stack with this.

Also which is better grass or grain feed beef and which eggs should I be looking for?

Ive never cycled and just not getting where I wanna be so looking for advice.
    (have considered a var cycle to help lean up but I'm planning on re-enlisting and not gonna risk it ATM)

Feel free to treat me like a beginner all advice is appreciated. BTW That pic is of me May 5th.

Thanks in advance
    Rob

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum!

For a physically active 28 year old male with a BW of 232 lbs, TDEE should be at least 3000 cals a day and optimally 3500-3800 cal range. Remaining under that number means calorie deficiency, regardless. But hey, if you have the ability of loosing fat and making muscle with your current TDEE, suit yourself! For the record, I favor incrementing daily cals along with intensifying my workouts, as opposed to cutting back on the fuel and reducing the intensity of workout. What about cardio? You have not mentioned it, so I am assuming there is no cardio in your training regimen.

You can always find quality gainers with little to no simple sugars, but I agree with you on not using a conventional mass gainer while loosing weight.

Always prefer grass fed beef as opposed to grain fed. Make sure cuts are lean, 90/10 is as fatty as your cuts should get. Get wild Buffalo meat if you can, it is a nutritionally superior and more reliable protein source for us compared to beef.

You can buy the most expensive and tasty organic eggs for your pleasure, boil a few of them and eat them whole. However, you will certainly need more than 2-3 boiled eggs when you eat them for breakfast, so the most practical way of making up for the lack would be buying pasteurized egg whites and consuming them depending on your choice.

Creatine will help you to a great extent in intensifying your workouts, allowing you to rest much little in between sets and not to mention it is an extremely encouring supplement concerning supersets and giant sets, all resulting in a much intense workout routine, leading to a faster metabolic ryhtm overall and hence to a leaner body type.

Lastly, I would not reccomend you to take AMP Pro Performance Wheybolic 60 in your off days. It is of course important to reach your daily protein need on your off days also; however, you are much better off getting your daily protein requirements from whole sources that have no spiking effect on insulin hormone. Eat an extra meal on your off days and make sure you will be getting around 60gr of protein in that meal, such as eating 3 chicken breasts along with some complex carbs or veggies with EFA's accompanying them.

I think you are on the right track, you might also want to post a detailed version of your diet on the Diet section to get further help.

Good luck!

Awesome Turkish Thanks ...I bought some CM today.

As for Cardio I do it after I lift as suggested By the US Navy Head of PT. I'm up to 30 mins on the treadmill at 4mph with a lvl 15 incline and I do 15-20 mins on the elliptical lvl 9 at 6.5-8 mph. been doing cardio WAY longer then I have been weights but that's part of being Prior military.

I do Cardio everyday and Abs everyworkout is that to much?

Also I do break my meals up into 300-500 cal meals 5-6 a day... most days (sometimes I get so busy I forget to eat But thats like 1 time every 2 weeks)

Ill knock off the Shake on off days the extra meal sounds good anyway. LOL

I plan on taking some pics this week since its been a month since my last one so ppl can compare.

Thanks

Rob
    Last edited by TriCities Sailor; 06-03-2011 at 02:17 AM.

I would give my body a rest concerning ED cardio sessions and ab workout, try to take a day off from athletic activity preferrably in the middle of the week and rest. You ought to perform better after your off day.

You do not have to eat 5-6 meals a day, especially if you can get so busy sometimes. Your body will ingest your daily need of protein equally in 3 large meals, per se. For instance, instead of following an eating protocol of 40gr RPO x 5 meals, you can follow 70gr PRO x 3 meals. In such large meals, you need to be careful about your carb intake per meal since GL needs to be watched concerning carbs.

Yeah normally I don't have a problem with 5-6 meals cause of my log just once in a while I do.

I only do abs with every workout not everyday but I can cut back that if you think it will help the cardio everyday is just something I got to doing in the Navy, my Department head was really big on PT so we did Cardio everyday and were expected to on weekends on our on. If you drew Saturday Duty with him you HAD to do Cardio that weekend cause he made everyone do it.

My WO days very but I try to do it on Mon, Tue, Fri Sat going for a 2on 2 off 2 on 1 off kinda schedule

Thinking of switching to Either ON or UN Brand Products cause I can Buy more product for less price. Can I get opinions on which product would be better?

Also OT Why cant I view profiles? I cant even View my own.

I would recommend ON products in terms of price-quality ratio. I have been using ON 100% Whey, Pro-Complex, Casein and Micronized Creatine Monohdyrate for several years by now and no complaints so far.

You cannot view profiles since you are a new member and you need a certain amount of posts on the forum in order to be able to have access to your profile as well as to others'.

Bought These for now

• 1 of : Optimum Nutrition Pre-Load Creatine Complex - Wild Grape - 2 lb (909 g) <----replacing my straight CM with this
    $9.04 Shipped
    • 1 of : Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex - Rich Milk Chocolate - 2.3 lb (1045 g)
    $28.15 Shipped
    • 1 of : ******* C & C SAMPLE
    $0.00 Shipped

ON's standard Creatine Monohydrate (Micronized) would have done it for you, all you need is 5gr intake with your post workout shake.

You will absolutely love Pro Complex Rich Milk Chocolate, it is surely one of the the best of its kind.

Well done.

I used my new supps for the first time tonight. good stuff.

I used the preloaded creatine PrWO and (I know its kinda over kill) Since I have all this 100%Cm left I took 5g PWO following another post of yours with cherry juice.

=')

Thread Information