Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    MastaMan's Avatar
    MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Clouds
    Posts
    208

    Caffeine Avoidance=Bigger Gains?

    I have been reading alot about HMB supplements lately and their ability to stimulate the mTOR pathway, which increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. This caused me to stumble across an article saying that caffeine and reservatol are mTOR inhibitors? This surprised me because caffeine is in many pre-workout supplements, and reservatrol is in many OTC PCT supplements. Maybe someone can shed some light as to how much caffeine consumption would affect muscle gains.
    Here's the study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20812900

  2. #2
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,943
    I had always heard the same thing with CREATINE,,not to use it with caffeine.

  3. #3
    Turkish Juicer's Avatar
    Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,984
    ''Besides, some natural products, such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), caffeine, curcumin and resveratrol, have been found to inhibit mTOR as well.''

    1. The study does not suggest a specific dose for caffeine, hence we cannot possibly know how much caffein would inhibit mTOR and to what extent.

    2. The study does not particularly concentrate on athletes who take caffeine, therefore cannot possibly represent a valuable body of knowlegde for us.

  4. #4
    MastaMan's Avatar
    MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Clouds
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    I had always heard the same thing with CREATINE,,not to use it with caffeine.
    Yeah i think caffeine interferes with creatine absorption. Or might convert more creatine to creatinine or something like that.

  5. #5
    MastaMan's Avatar
    MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Clouds
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    ''Besides, some natural products, such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), caffeine, curcumin and resveratrol, have been found to inhibit mTOR as well.''

    1. The study does not suggest a specific dose for caffeine, hence we cannot possibly know how much caffein would inhibit mTOR and to what extent.

    2. The study does not particularly concentrate on athletes who take caffeine, therefore cannot possibly represent a valuable body of knowlegde for us.
    Tell the researchers about it then. i was just noting an interesting study, I'm sorry it didn't meet your standards.

  6. #6
    Inquisitor's Avatar
    Inquisitor is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaMan View Post
    Tell the researchers about it then. i was just noting an interesting study, I'm sorry it didn't meet your standards.
    He's commenting on the article's accuracy, not yours. Things like this must be noted for us all to have a better understanding of what the truth may be.

  7. #7
    Eddie_m63's Avatar
    Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    990
    I need to stop drinking my daily monster, this is dome shyt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •