Thread: T3 questions

edgarr is offline Member

T3 questions

I have researched and have found that some people think that taking T3 has no to very little side effects. Some people here have taken it for months on end. Others think that it can be dangerous however I have not seen anyone that actullay posted having side effects from taking it. I have used it in the past and had great results, Only side i had was muscle lose. So..

1. What are the dangers of taking it?
    2. What are some side effects?
    3. How long should some one use it for?
    4. Should it be cycled or ramped up or down?
    5. Are older people in more danger or reverse?
    6. Are the benfits better for people with low BF% or reverse?

I would like to hear from users, hopefully noone has had any bad sides from it but if so would like to hear what they were and what was done.

I will say that it works and works well, but if it really is safe then why isnt it subscribed to obese people? Thanks

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    In fact it is prescribed to obese people. I know someone on it now actually.

Imo, it's relatively safe if, like anything, it's used properly (dose and duration).

I've never had any ill effects from it. Higher doses just make me lethargic.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    In fact it is prescribed to obese people. I know someone on it now actually.

Imo, it's relatively safe if, like anything, it's used properly (dose and duration).

I've never had any ill effects from it. Higher doses just make me lethargic.
    didnt know that.
    what would you consider a high dose (assume it varies based on the person)
    that might explain why I am tired

D7M
    Blog Entries
    You really shouldn't need to go higher than 100mcg/ED, but anything over that made me feel lethargic, even though many T3 users report increased energy on it.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    I heard it eats LBM and should not be used off cycle.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    it will use additional amino acids (like muscle) because it increases the body's metabolism.. and my experience is even on low dose test/anavar it will still have some wasting effects on muscle, as well as fat..

alone, 100mcg will increase your metabolism without a cycle you will lose about 50/50 muscle and fat..

that's my experience..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah even 25mcg of T3 ran during my test and deca lean bulk cycle sped my BMR up so much that I couldn't gain a lb. even at a 1000cal surplus.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    it will use additional amino acids (like muscle) because it increases the body's metabolism.. and my experience is even on low dose test/anavar it will still have some wasting effects on muscle, as well as fat..

alone, 100mcg will increase your metabolism without a cycle you will lose about 50/50 muscle and fat..that's my experience..
    so does that mean it would work better for someone with a high...over 20% BF vs someone trying to go from 10% to single digits?

Failure is offline Associate Member

alone, 100mcg will increase your metabolism without a cycle you will lose about 50/50 muscle and fat..

that's my experience..

Wow, it's that harsh? 50/50 is pretty insane. I would waste away to nothing before I got to a decent %.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    so does that mean it would work better for someone with a high...over 20% BF vs someone trying to go from 10% to single digits?
    If you are just trying to lose weight, yes.

edgarr is offline Member
    do you build up a tolerence to it? if so then is it best to cycle and if so what would a cycle look like? Doesn't sound like uping the amount is the best idea.

edgarr is offline Member
    anyone know the answers to above^^

do you build up a tolerence to it? if so then is it best to cycle and if so what would a cycle look like? Doesn't sound like uping the amount is the best idea.
    Yes your body will build up a tolerance if used for to long so cycling is preferred. I would limit cycles to 6-8 weeks in order to avoid the body building up tolerances and as well as shutting down your thyroid permanently. Yeah a little T3 goes a long way so no need to run at high doses.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    so are you guys saying that even something as low as 10 mcg a day can burn muscle, or just fat

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    so are you guys saying that even something as low as 10 mcg a day can burn muscle, or just fat
    For one thing you don't want to go below 25mcg as the body is said to make close to this amount endogenously. Taking 10mg could cause your thyroid to stop making T3 and being below normal levels is not something we want.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    For one thing you don't want to go below 25mcg as the body is said to make close to this amount endogenously. Taking 10mg could cause your thyroid to stop making T3 and being below normal levels is not something we want.
    i understand, jw becuz my rt3 is sky high and my doc is prescribing 10 mch a day to get it down, my t3 is really low

i understand, jw becuz my rt3 is sky high and my doc is prescribing 10 mch a day to get it down, my t3 is really low
    oh ok I gotcha. So your body is producing to much T3 so the doc is prescribing you 10mg to essentially shutdown your endogenous production of T3 so that the 10mg supplementation will help lower your levels...makes since.

oh ok I gotcha. So your body is producing to much T3 so the doc is prescribing you 10mg to essentially shutdown your endogenous production of T3 so that the 10mg supplementation will help lower your levels...makes since.
    uh yeah, rt3 isnt t3 man

uh yeah, rt3 isnt t3 man
    Oops missed that...10mcg of t3 seems pointless as a normal functioning thyroid makes close to 25mcg.

Oops missed that...10mcg of t3 seems pointless as a normal functioning thyroid makes close to 25mcg.
    yeah thats the thing, my thyroid is way underactive, just not sure if 10 mcg will burn any muscle or not

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The big fear surrounding T3 and it's ability to 'torch LBM' is mainly due to the fact that most people tend to overuse it. 100mcg/day is unnecessary and insane IMHO.

I've been running 25mcg/day along with a homemade ECA for 7 weeks straight now with no apparent loss in LBM or strength, am down 10lbs, and am not currently running any AAS cycle.

D7M said it all in post 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    The big fear surrounding T3 and it's ability to 'torch LBM' is mainly due to the fact that most people tend to overuse it. 100mcg/day is unnecessary and insane IMHO.

I've been running 25mcg/day along with a homemade ECA for 7 weeks straight now with no apparent loss in LBM or strength, am down 10lbs, and am not currently running any AAS cycle.

I agree...25mcg is really all that is needed!

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Again, wouldnt ones BF%, weight and goals dictate that?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Again, wouldnt ones BF%, weight and goals dictate that?
    Good point/question, and to a degree, yes. But there is no weight variation that justifies somebody using 4x the amount somebody else is currently using. e.g. i'm taking 25mcg/day @ 185lbs and it's effective. To justify taking 100mcg based on the bodyweight theory alone, one should be near 700lbs. An exaggerated example, but hopefully you get the point.

25mcg is an effective dosage in most average weight males. The dosage shouldn't need to change drastically based on other factors.

PK-V is offline Productive Member

that's my experience..

The validity of our data is further supported by the fact that only muscle protein breakdown was significantly increased in hyperthyroidism (p values between 1.8 and 3.1 %), whereas protein synthesis was not significantly affected (p values between 25 and 29 %)

Whole body and forearm substrate metabolism in hyperthyroidism: Evidence of increased basal muscle protein breakdown. A.L.D. Riis, J.O.L. Jørgensen, S. Gjedde, H.Nørrelund, A.G. Jurik, K.S. Nair, P. Ivarsen, J. Weeke and N. Møller

Is this true only between 1.8 and 3.1 % muscle loss?

How accurate is phenylalanine kinetics for measuring muscle degradation

And then with steroid use effecting all the different pathways to retain unnatural amounts of muscle it's a massive headache to answer as we don't have any real studies

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    With all due respect to D7M, T3 is not safe and should be handled with care. As a person who suffers from hypothyroid and is prescribed Bitiron T3/T4 mix I can tell you that if taken when needed it works wonders. But without care it can and will shut your thyroid down and that is the last thing you want. If you have a properly functioning thyroid be very careful. 1) Don't run it everyday. EOD preferrably 2) Don't run it longer than a month. 3) Don't take more than 100mcg a day. 4) Build up to 100mcg from 50mcg.
    Stop taking it immediately if you notice a bulge in the side of your neck, are sweating excessively (you will sweat on it that's normal, i mean excessively) experience heart palpitations or blood pressure drastically rises. Also, make sure to check your TSH, T4 and T3 levels a month or two after to make sure your thyroid recovered properly.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ata1979 View Post
    With all due respect to D7M, T3 is not safe and should be handled with care. As a person who suffers from hypothyroid and is prescribed Bitiron T3/T4 mix I can tell you that if taken when needed it works wonders. But without care it can and will shut your thyroid down and that is the last thing you want. If you have a properly functioning thyroid be very careful. 1) Don't run it everyday. EOD preferrably 2) Don't run it longer than a month. 3) Don't take more than 100mcg a day. 4) Build up to 100mcg from 50mcg.
    Stop taking it immediately if you notice a bulge in the side of your neck, are sweating excessively (you will sweat on it that's normal, i mean excessively) experience heart palpitations or blood pressure drastically rises. Also, make sure to check your TSH, T4 and T3 levels a month or two after to make sure your thyroid recovered properly.
    If one was to take it EOD for a month at no more than 100mcg how long would you rec to be off for before starting again? Is two weeks enough to restart your own production and then start again? Can one test while only being off for two weeks and get a fair test?

You say to ramp up from 50mcg. What about ramp down?

Thanks

edgarr is offline Member
    Sorry to beat a dead horse here but I was on T3 for a month and would like to know if being off for two weeks is good enough. When taking 100mcg daily does your natural production shut off? How long would you wait to have blood test done after using T3? Thanks

RaZr is offline Member
    With all due respect to D7M, T3 is not safe and should be handled with care. As a person who suffers from hypothyroid and is prescribed Bitiron T3/T4 mix I can tell you that if taken when needed it works wonders. But without care it can and will shut your thyroid down and that is the last thing you want. If you have a properly functioning thyroid be very careful. 1) Don't run it everyday. EOD preferrably Why? you can use a less dose ed 2) Don't run it longer than a month.People have taken it for years and had their thyroids return to normal quite rapidly 3) Don't take more than 100mcg a day.this, I agree with 4) Build up to 100mcg from 50mcg. I'd start at 25 mcg personally and gradually work my way to 75 over a week or two
    Stop taking it immediately if you notice a bulge in the side of your neck, I havnt heard of t3 causing a goiter, I could be wrong, can you cite an article?are sweating excessively (you will sweat on it that's normal, i mean excessively) experience heart palpitations or blood pressure drastically rises. Also, make sure to check your TSH, T4 and T3 levels a month or two after to make sure your thyroid recovered properly.
    Bolds
    Last edited by RaZr; 08-23-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

D7M
    Blog Entries
    With all due respect to D7M, T3 is not safe and should be handled with care. As a person who suffers from hypothyroid and is prescribed Bitiron T3/T4 mix I can tell you that if taken when needed it works wonders. But without care it can and will shut your thyroid down Even when it's taken with care it will still inhibit your natural thyroid production. and that is the last thing you want. Your thryroid, just like your HPTA, will bounce back if you are not abusing T3If you have a properly functioning thyroid be very careful. 1) Don't run it everyday. EOD preferrably 2) Don't run it longer than a month. 3) Don't take more than 100mcg a day. 4) Build up to 100mcg from 50mcg.
    Stop taking it immediately if you notice a bulge in the side of your neck, are sweating excessively (you will sweat on it that's normal, i mean excessively) experience heart palpitations or blood pressure drastically rises. Also, make sure to check your TSH, T4 and T3 levels a month or two after to make sure your thyroid recovered properly. Well, no shit. I hope anyone on here would have the common sense to stop any drug if they developed a goiter, heart palpitation or high BP
    That's why I qualified my initial statement and said that it is "relatively safe if used properly", ie, not abused. Some bolds above....

edgarr is offline Member
    Great, helpful info. My only question is: is two weeks off long enough for your thryroid to bounce back.I know that the only way to tell is to get tested but my question is should I wait longer than 2 weeks to test?

Failure is offline Associate Member
    On a side note, how effective was it for you for that month?

edgarr is offline Member
    Very

Thread Information