Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

WARNING - Avoid Nitro-Tech RTD

On a number of occasions, I have ordered Nitro-Tech Ready-to-Drink protein shakes as a way to get my protein when I don't have a blender or shaker bottle around. Many times, I have opened it only to discover that all of the protein had a solidified into a perfect resemblance of tofu at the bottom of the container. The large tofu mass cannot be shaken and broken. It sits there like jello and takes up at least 1/3 of the container. On one occassion, the entire box was solidified into protein, and I actually tore the whole thing open to reveal a pure brick of jello-ish tofu-like protein. The worst part is that they were never past their expiration date. When the Nitro-Tech RTDs aren't solidified, they are great. They have a good nutrient profile, and taste great. However, after buying 28 RTD shakes only to have 5 shakes that were perfectly normal was a waste. When I buy 40g of protein, I actually want to be able to drink it. I don't want 20g as jello at the bottom, and 20g as liquid. What a disappoint. I strongly recommend you do not mess with this product.

Their customer support sucks. I called Nitro-Tech and they just directed me to the voice mail box of someone who never returned my call.

-SF

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump, that sucks. Sorry to hear the loss. I still like their bars, but I won't be making a trip to get the RTD's anytime soon.

Pain

popa is offline Senior Member
    ya that would piss me off

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    I've heard of that happening my friend swallowed a chunk and almost gagged lol

Maximus_Pecs is offline Associate Member
    I've had the same experience with Nitro-Tech ready to drink. Once I bought 10 at GNC and all of them were this way.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    hmmmm, I'm starting to think twice about this now, but like fuck me, the 62 page ad told me that all i need to grow was Nitro Tech, Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut

in all seriousness though, that does suck, i wonder if you could go back to where you purchased them and demand your money back, I'd raise more than a bit of a fuss and you'll probably get your money back, still thats MUSCLETECH for ya...

Originally posted by Fullback57
    hmmmm, I'm starting to think twice about this now, but like fuck me, the 62 page ad told me that all i need to grow was Nitro Tech, Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut
    ROFL, I know. I wonder what MuscleTech spends on ads a year.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hell that's why it cost $60 plus for a sample of any muscletech crap!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    for what you paying for muscle tech you deserve to get your money worth, not on a piece of jello. just for this they should give you
    some more of there products on the house.your paying for quality and they shit on you and wrap it in a box.
    never had experience with a thick substance like that before
    but then again i drink isopure so i can see if theres a piece of protein shit floating around.

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    i work at a GNC and your right. especially the stawberry flavored RTD they recalled all of them

Farmer is offline Member
    I as well work at GNC, a person brought back a pack but I thought it was due to the close-date to expiration.

peace

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I think that there has been so much info posted on Cell-Tech, Nitro-crap, Musclejunk that NOBODY should get any of there stuff! I mean 1st off it is way over priced! and just garbage! Every once in a while I would get one of there smore's bars but that's it. I mean their ads too...comeon! You think lee priest only took their fat burner stuff???? Or any of the other guys took any of there stuff for any type of gains? Bro's I'm sorry you got screwed but what did you expect to happen from their stuff?

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by ripsid
    I think that there has been so much info posted on Cell-Tech, Nitro-crap, Musclejunk that NOBODY should get any of there stuff! I mean 1st off it is way over priced! and just garbage! Every once in a while I would get one of there smore's bars but that's it. I mean their ads too...comeon! You think lee priest only took their <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=FAT%20BURNER S" target="_blank">fat burner</a> stuff???? Or any of the other guys took any of there stuff for any type of gains? Bro's I'm sorry you got screwed but what did you expect to happen from their stuff?
    I totally agree with you ripsid...the only thing is that muscltech's market is geared towards the people who are new to the lifestyle. The people that grab the new pair of running shoes and latest muscle mag on December 31st getting ready for there 3rd..4th..5th..etc New Year resolution and telling themselves that "this is gonna be the one I stick with!" And they see all the ads with all the crazy transformations and piece it together and realize all they need is some nitro-tech and cell-tech and the equation is complete. Im not saying that is the ONLY people that are buying the products because it isn't. It is a great piece of the pie though, because "WE" all know what there about ($$$) and we all really know what works. I myself can relate when I first got introduced to bodybuilding I was like a sponge I wanted to know everything and still do but I was alot more gullible and figured if it occupies 1/3 of a damn magazine the shit is for real!...I know better now.

Peace

Farmer

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Farmer,
    In return I agree with you, just like the first couple weeks in jan. the gym is UNBEARABLE! So many people just hoggin up benches and just F'n up my workout with there NY's resolution! I just wish we could inform them that Sugar-Tech and all that crap is bs! $60 and after 1bottle of Sugar-Tech you'll look like Jay Cutler! Research is a wonderful thing and people should really try it! I know I don't dive into the water unless I dip toe in 1st! Hate to loose my Nuts to a freezing ocean.

MuslceTech sucks IMO but their NitroBars are actually really good. Only product I would buy of theirs. Good ingrediants and what not.

Pain

newguy2003 is offline New Member
    cell tech all your paying for is the sugar

jerseymeathead is offline Junior Member
    i'd like to note that i've used Cell tech and had ZERO results. if anything i think i gained a little fat. EAS creatine, specifically snythevol2 yielded superior results. as for nitro i heard they put andro powder in that shit and dont list it. my roomate also bought the nitro tech RTD's and about 60% went bad in about a month. what crap.

Decoder is offline Banned
    Some of Nitro bars are good but like all bars you need to read the ingreadients, if you see hydropolysomething protien in it don't buy it's all sugars, its the skin off cows and the guts, yes its protien but a low grade meat that is high in sugar making bars taste better.

adonis_myth is offline Junior Member
    do you know why?

whey protein isolate can not be stored in liquid or yep, it turns into a curd. thats the reason why they have removed all their nitrotech rtd's and replaced them with the fruit flavoured rtd's. the fruit flavoured rtds have a much lower pH which enables the wpi to stay in the liquid form, unfortunately many companies who do this dont realise the acid is so strong it can fuck up teeth enamel and gums.

the reason why they are fruit flavoured because a low pH chocolate would taste fucking weird

Thread Information