Loki387 is offline Junior Member

Does anyone make their own supplments? I.e their own BCAA's etc

Does anyone make their own supplments? I.e their own BCAA's, Pre and Post Work out supplments .. home brew mixes? The only reason I'm asking is I the cost down here in AU for BCAA's is quite dear... even though I would never not buy it.. I am seriously considering buying the essential aminos in bulk and making my own batches..

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    A lot of people do this, you can find many places that will sell bulk powder supplements (not sure which ones ship to AU tho) and will mix there own to cut cost down. As long as you're getting quality powders you should be fine and save some serious cash. It's just a lot of people don't want to store all the powders or have the hassle of mixing it up or the cash to purchase in bulk upfront.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I don't buy individual amino's (to make BCAA's) but I never buy pre-made supps..

I buy powders in bulk and make up what I want when I want...

BCAA's
    Creatine Monohydrate
    Glutamine
    Taurine
    Etc...

baseline, what are some of your combinations? and quantites?

BokBok is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki387 View Post
    Does anyone make their own supplments? I.e their own BCAA's, Pre and Post Work out supplments .. home brew mixes? The only reason I'm asking is I the cost down here in AU for BCAA's is quite dear... even though I would never not buy it.. I am seriously considering buying the essential aminos in bulk and making my own batches..
    Always buy my own supps in bulk. Search for 'bulk bcaa' in le Google machine. 4 Ozzie sites on the first page.

jypoll is offline Member
    i tried all the pre-wo, nano-vapour noxplode...etc, and they are all a waste of money. I buy all my amino's individually by the kilo.
    i like to take:

pre-wo:
    2g beta alanine
    2-3g arginine
    3g BCAA
    3g glutamine
    - i gotta stick this in OJ or i will yack... i can handle each amino alone but this particular mixture is vile

post-wo: (in my shake)
    3g creat mono
    3g BCAA

super cheap, equally effective, no upset stomach, no diarrhoea
    i refuse to buy any pre-mixed supps as you cannot control how much of each ingredient you want (as we are all different the standard ratio may not work for you) and they are over priced

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    i tried all the pre-wo, nano-vapour noxplode...etc, and they are all a waste of money. I buy all my amino's individually by the kilo.
    i like to take:

pre-wo:
    2g beta alanine
    2-3g arginine
    3g BCAA
    3g glutamine
    - i gotta stick this in OJ or i will yack... i can handle each amino alone but this particular mixture is vile

3g creat mono
    3g BCAA

i refuse to buy any pre-mixed supps as you cannot control how much of each ingredient you want (as we are all different the standard ratio may not work for you) and they are over priced
    well no wonder you want to yack... Arginine alone is basically the WORST tasting stuff i've ever had. I can deal with it in some crystal light, but it's still pretty nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    i like to take:

pre-wo:
    2g beta alanine
    2-3g arginine
    3g BCAA
    3g glutamine

3g creat mono
    3g BCAA

Wouldn't you take more glutamine after training?

jypoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki387 View Post
    Wouldn't you take more glutamine after training?
    i will get 10-15g of glutamine+glutamine precurser from my whey shake alone, no need to pile on more, i may take another 5-10 later in the day

Thread Information