Espada is offline New Member

Aussie Bodies Pure Whey Protein

Trying to cut, nutritionist said if I cut lots of carbs ill loose muscle though. She suggested a low carb/low calorie protein so I went Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein Pure Whey Protein, has anyone used this and thoughts on my choice? has 148 Cal. 2.5g of carbs amd 28.6g's of protein.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Sounds fine. Also your nutritionist knows BS about cutting carbs and losing muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    Sounds fine. Also your nutritionist knows BS about cutting carbs and losing muscle.
    why is that?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    why is that?

Long story short. Because if you're cutting energy from carbs your body isn't going to go straight for your muscle for energy. You should still be getting your protein for amino acids and hopefully good fats. You're trying to make your body use your stored fat for energy. It would rather use stored fat over your muscle if you are a) getting enough protein and b) working out your muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Long story short. Because if you're cutting energy from carbs your body isn't going to go straight for your muscle for energy. You should still be getting your protein for amino acids and hopefully good fats. You're trying to make your body use your stored fat for energy. It would rather use stored fat over your muscle if you are a) getting enough protein and b) working out your muscle.
    Ok thanks, so do you think I should still be using the protein then or will that just give me unwanted calories?

If if fits into your daily macros there shouldnt be a problem. I'd only use whey pre and post workout. Type up what your nutritionist has set out for you in full detail. Also your full stats, height, weight, age, bf%.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    If if fits into your daily macros there shouldnt be a problem. I'd only use whey pre and post workout. Type up what your nutritionist has set out for you in full detail. Also your full stats, height, weight, age, bf%.
    Height 5/7 weight 87kg's im 18 and not sure what bodyfat is, probably in the low 20's. Breakfast - Weetbix no sugar or 2 pieces of toast with margarine + a spread , wait 2-3 hours before going to the gym. Lunch - 100g of meat on 4 pieces of wholemeal bread + salad no sauces. Dinner - 150g of meat + 3/4 cup of carbs (eg. Rice, Pasta or 2 potatoes) + salad. I am using whey protein and only after working out (within 60 minutes). That was my first time seeing her and I'm not sure if she is a very good nutritionist, I thought my diet would be more harsh than that and I thought my meals would be split up into 5 rather than 3. Also what does macros mean?
    Last edited by Espada; 12-06-2011 at 10:25 PM.

macros=protein,carbs,fats. If that is what she set out for you sack her, she doesnt know shite. Seriously that diet is terrible

Read this over and over again, it's got pretty much everything you need to know for a beginner and your goals http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.Tt7zCGPhdGU

musclelover is offline Junior Member
    Good to support the aussie supplements.

Try Nick Jones whey protein i found it quite good

good luck cutting

Quote Originally Posted by musclelover View Post
    Good to support the aussie supplements.

Try Nick Jones whey protein i found it quite good

good luck cutting
    Thanks!

Thread Information