Thread: Coenzyme Q10

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life

Coenzyme Q10

Anyone ever try this? My gf came across it and thinks its the next best thing since sliced bread.
    Supposedly it gives you more energy from the cellular level up, boosts mood n immune system. Its naturally produced by the body from what I've read and can also be found in meats n seafood. It is lower in ppl with diabetes (which she has) n body levels decrease over time. As far as medical studys, I have not found anything conclusive. Some dr's advise patients with many diff diseases to take it for a variety of reasons, some dr's do not feel its anything more than placebo. According to Webmd, its supplementation has yet to be proven beneficial.
    Has anyone ever used this? or know of any literature to support its benefits?
    To me it seems like just another miracle cure-all that does nothing but empty your wallet, but I could be wrong.

Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member
    There are quite a few mediacal studies that show its effectiveness at lowering Blood Pressure. I have been taking it for a little over 6 months and my last doctor appointment showed my bp to be in the normal range. I can't remeber when it has ever been normal. I also started TRT so that could have played a role as well.

Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member
    double post.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 12-18-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: double post

Chemical engineer is offline New Member
    I have been taking it for 2 years. I am also on a statin. Research suggests that statins deplete stored coq10 . I have read where a few people in heart failure took this supplement and it helped their symptoms considerably.

Thread Information