Patrickthecool is offline Junior Member

What supplements to buy?

Im 30
    6 foot 6
    probably 12% body fat

I want to Get big and strong and ripped and have powerful workouts.
    I have a protien that I like. but needs some direction of what to purchase. Creatine? glutamine? and a good preworkout energizer

Ive read about how important my diet is and have started tracking what i eat. Any must have supplements that I should start using?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Nope.... TBH there are no 'MUST HAVE' supplements that you need..

All you need to do is Train hard with quick intense weight sessions and hit you daily macros (Protein Carbs Fats)

Whey Protein
    BCAA's
    Creatine Monohydrate

Keep it simple and remember that supplements are just that

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep it simple-
    whey protein and dextrose for post workout
    casein protein for b4 bed
    try out a preworkout- 1mr, jacked3d, pwr... different people like different ones
    Most importantly you are on the right track its all about diet. You gotta eat big to get big. Im 6'5 and 230 and I know from experience how hard it is to put on mass and fill out that tall frame. Keep eating!! i dont think i have been hungry for probably 2 years- fuel up every 3 hrs

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're looking for a good "preworkout energizer" it's hard to beat an ECA stack. It's a little rough coming down, but worth it imo. Also and probably most importantly a nice load of complex carbs included with your meal before workout. I try to get at least 80g of carbs in the meal before my workout. As a matter of fact; I'm not even running the ECA because I don't feel like I need it. If I were you I would try to carbload for your preworkout meal, and if you still don't feel like you have enough energy try an ECA stack 30min before workout. That should do the trick.

Side note: I'm not sure I believe in the "fat burning" properties of an ECA stack. It helps curb your appetite, but other than that I think it does very little. I wouldn't go overboard and try to take one 3 times a day in hopes of it trimming BF% down. Just use it for that little extra drive for workouts.

I like Simple! thanks Thats what i wanted to hear! and After research I found out how much I actually need to eat. I have a small appetite this will be new for me. thanks for the posts. great job

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post

All you need to do is Train hard with quick intense weight sessions and hit you daily macros (Protein Carbs Fats)

Whey Protein
    BCAA's
    Creatine Monohydrate

agree.

you may consider adding:
    vitamin pill
    fish oil

calisun is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post

Whey Protein
    BCAA's
    Creatine Monohydrate

Agreed 100%..as someone else said a multi/fish oil are great and I would also recommend a probiotic from time to time (highly underrated supplement in my opinion)

got some fish oil and multi's and looked into probiotic never heard of it before. thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    If you're looking for a good "preworkout energizer" it's hard to beat an ECA stack. It's a little rough coming down, but worth it imo. Also and probably most importantly a nice load of complex carbs included with your meal before workout. I try to get at least 80g of carbs in the meal before my workout. As a matter of fact; I'm not even running the ECA because I don't feel like I need it. If I were you I would try to carbload for your preworkout meal, and if you still don't feel like you have enough energy try an ECA stack 30min before workout. That should do the trick.

Side note: I'm not sure I believe in the "fat burning" properties of an ECA stack. It helps curb your appetite, but other than that I think it does very little. I wouldn't go overboard and try to take one 3 times a day in hopes of it trimming BF% down. Just use it for that little extra drive for workouts.
    I did the carb loading like you said and that worked great. lots of energy and a great workout

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have had solid gains this year and stick with food, protein shakes and a multivitamin. I tried creatine a few weeks ago and didn't seem to get much from it. I sometimes take a B supplement in the hopes it lives up to its increased energy claims, but I don't seem to feel anything.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Kre alkalyn works for me. Ive tried a couple creatines and that one make me feel great.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    You can be overwhelmed with all the different supplements and all there bs claims. Keep it simple. If I could could hit my protein for the day with food alone I'd never have shakes.

I use only:
    A pre workout just for a kick up the arse
    Gaspari myofusion protein blend
    Usual multis and vitamins, fishoil, coq10, glucosamine, vitc, and any other vitamins I pick up on special from time to time.
    Alot of preworkouts contain creatine, if they didn't I still dont think I'd bother supplementing it.

I much prefer putting my money and thought into my weekly food shopping.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    Hey Patrick, great advice from members, notice a common theme? you gotta eat! I'm 6'3 195 dripping wet and my battle cry last year was "more food!" gained 12 pounds in 12 months, alternating shakes with meals seems to work for us lanky guys. are you on TRT?

For sure. Just protein powder and food for me right now. Im getting close to getting my diet honed in....... No I am not on TRT currently. I figured from what im reading on here to get my diet right and workout hard till i Build a good base. put my money twords food right now.

im sure I will gain more than 12 pounds to be honest. I used to weigh 250 in my glory days. And ive notice Ive alreadu put on 6lbs. although some of it is fat.

mattydaman88 is offline New Member
    Neurocore pre workout is a must for me.. Insane energy.. Oh ya and whey protein straight after lifting with some carbs and I also take a bit of pure protein before bed for a slower release while u sleep.. And u set mann

mattydaman88 is offline New Member
    Oh and some multi Vits

randymeans is offline Associate Member
    ON amino energy, 6 scoops with 46 oz of water and start drinking it before you get to the gym. I have about 1/4 of it gone. And sip the other 3/4 during workout. I swear it made me put on some muscle mass. Its cheap too. I also like beta alanine pills. They work very well stacked with amino energy. Just my 2cc

Nice. I will look into the on amino energy and beta alanine pills

I ordered some of that on amino energy. I have been losing my motivation and energy my last couple workouts

Thread Information