Thread: Vit D

jamesz123 is offline Associate Member

Vit D

Is loading up on Vitamin D a good idea (and after loading just cruising on like 7-9k IU) ?
    Is Vitamin D all that ...anyone with experience please share?
    thx

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you Vit D deficient? Have you had bloodwork done? If you're are not deficient then I wouldn't necessarily "load up". I personally am not deficient but take 4iu per day...running this in the winter time when it's dark and gloomy can be especially helpful. I run D3 as I've read studies that it can help increase natural test.

Dr. R. is offline New Member
    Be careful with the Vit D as it is a fat soluble vitamin and therefor possible to "overdose" which can lead to hypercal***ia and calcium deposits in soft tissues.

I would not recommend loading as you say, unless (like M3 stated) you are Vit D deficient. Then you should talk to your doctor.

I believe the treatment is something like 10,000iu for first few dy/wks then dropped down after that. But don't quote me on this and talk to your doctor if a deficiency is the case.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I attended a presentation from an md back in college in 09 (wow I'm getting old lol) and he stated that Vitamin D is great for maintaining healthy bloodwork by exhibiting antioxidant properties in the blood vessels. Like the other members have mentioned, I wouldn't recommend "loading" on vitamin D.

To add to Dr. R's post, I actually knew a girl who took too much Vitamin D (not sure how long) and it ended up throwing off her electrolyte balance and caused her to faint.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. R. View Post
    Be careful with the Vit D as it is a fat soluble vitamin and therefor possible to "overdose" which can lead to hypercal***ia and calcium deposits in soft tissues.

I would not recommend loading as you say, unless (like M3 stated) you are Vit D deficient. Then you should talk to your doctor.

I believe the treatment is something like 10,000iu for first few dy/wks then dropped down after that. But don't quote me on this and talk to your doctor if a deficiency is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28 View Post
    I attended a presentation from an md back in college in 09 (wow I'm getting old lol) and he stated that Vitamin D is great for maintaining healthy bloodwork by exhibiting antioxidant properties in the blood vessels. Like the other members have mentioned, I wouldn't recommend "loading" on vitamin D.

To add to Dr. R's post, I actually knew a girl who took too much Vitamin D (not sure how long) and it ended up throwing off her electrolyte balance and caused her to faint.
    Solid posts guys!

jamesz123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. R. View Post

YEAH THAT IS what i have heard.

I do not know if I am vit d deficient but I was told that it is just a good idea to have it as bulldawg_28
    indicated some doctors recommend it.
    Some say you would rarely get sick (cold etc) if you take it. Was just wondering what everyone's experience was. Thx

Thread Information