baseball21 is offline New Member

Masking the casein texture

Hey all, I recently won a tub of Casein Protein for two dollars, and had never tried it before. The taste is not awful but I simply can't drink it due to the texture. It does not mix at all. It is just water with a bunch of gobs of yogurt in it. Does anyone have any ideas to make it blend better? Thanks.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I take chocolate casien and put it in a bowl, I then mix in just a little water until it has the consistency of pudding, I then put it in the fridge to thicken up and get cold and it's delicious.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you have room in your macro split....put it in a blender with a tbs of creamy peanut butter. Mixes like a dream.

I have ON banana cream....it's gritty and horrible. I mixed it once with the peanut butter and it tasted great. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my current macro split so I just started gulping it down as fast as I can and now I'm used to it. Sometimes you just gotta "man up"

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    i like to mix a scoop of casein with a scoop of whey...It blends right up!!!

DanB is offline Banned
    do you put powder in first and water on top, or fill with water then throw powder in?

sometimes it actually makes a difference and im assumeing you put it in a shaker not just stirring it yeah?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try this mixture, I swear it taste amazing (sounds gross though). 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 scoop of vanilla casein, 8 oz. water, 1-2 tbl spoon natural pb, dash of cinnamon, and a few ice cubes. Throw it all in a blender and you'll be amazed...totally changes the texture as well.

Byakko is offline New Member
    Oh good, I thought I was being a wuss for having a hard time stomaching the texture of casein. Is there any thought that it won't do what it's supposed to do (form a slow-digesting gel in the stomach) because you mixed it with something else like the whey protein? If not, I thought that made it much more palatable too.

Thread Information